Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The statement was made that cops "don't have time" to apply discretion or give a special response to one with special needs. Plainly, they do have time to sit around and ridicule the victim while replaying the video. Judging from their appearance, they do have time to ingest large quantities of carbohydrates. Sadly, this woman lacked the mental capacity to follow the appropriate action which is to acquiesce at the time then even the score later or trust a family member to do that for you. Hopefully her family will find a way to do that or some one else will do it in their place. A cop like that will, sooner or later, assault the wrong woman. I would imagine he avoids dealing with men, especially men with any evidence of backbone. GD

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm all about "back the blue" but this even got me upset. Way to aggressive and knowingly injuring her and not giving her immediate medical attention is reprehensible. Yes, orders given by police should be followed without question, but using this much force in an elderly lady who's crime was allegedly a $13 shoplifting charge is unacceptable especially when she never left the premises of Walmart and the Walmart security obviously had physical control of her and could have continued to detain her and wait for the cops to arrive instead of securing the products that were shoplifted and setting her on her way before calling the cops. I see her lawyers suing Walmart and the police department and winning big bucks... IMHO

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by elkmtb
If she had dementia bad enough to forget to pay, how was she walking home alone?

Have you never accidently walked out of a store without paying for something? I have, just last week - walked out of Lowe's with a pack of drill bits that I had stuck in my back pocket while I was shopping. And I was still able to remember how to get back to my truck.
And yes, I went back in and paid for them.

Yes, last week in Wally World. I went in shopping with my wife, not expecting to make a purchase. But we got separated when I stopped to look at something, and she kept on going with the cart.

I subsequently ended up in sporting goods and started picking out about $150 worth of crappie jigs, Mepps spinners, and Rapal minnows. A couple items slipped from my grasp as I waiked up front. I absent mindedly slipped one Rapala 1/2 into my Tshirt pocket as I bent over to pick up the items I had dropped.

The cashier saw it hanging out of my pocket. I thanked her for reminding a senile old fart.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I forgot to pay for a tank full of gas once. Thank God it was just at the convenience store in town here where they know me so they didn't call the cops and have my arm broke.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Most of you sound exactly like the black community when it’s one of them.. He was a good boy. He didn’t deserve to get kilt over $10 retail fraud. Completely overlooking that he didn’t get killed over stealing $10 he got killed over resisting and refusing to follow basic commands. You’re all buying the media line hook line and sinker. Being 73 doesn’t entitle someone. Was she 73 and a model citizen or 73 with a record of stealing and meth? I have no idea but nobody seems to want to find out or care.

Either way most are focused on the injury not that 1) she didn’t comply and had committed a crime which police were responding to without full background information. 2) The level of bruising and a broken bone don’t add up to extreme brutality more like someone that wasn’t complying and has underlying health issues.

If she truly is a great citizen with no arrest record and suffering from dementia that’s unfortunate for her but do we know that for sure? All I see is people focusing on her age and injuries. Not the crime, lack of compliance, or potential past history, or that the injuries aren’t typical for that level of physicallity. Every didn’t do nothing claims a bad childhood, PTSD, defiance disorder, under the influence, fear of police ect also.

It’s unfortunate that she was hurt if she’s a model citizen making a dementia related innocent mistake but we don’t know that and it’s an imperfect world. That’s something for the judge and prosecutor to consider and to drop charges but has nothing to do with police arriving on the seen when called to respond and have no idea. She committed a crime wouldn’t comply and the police do not have the backstory or resources at scene to call in a toxicologist, a therapist, advanced age expert, therapist, support animal ect. They’re working with an attempted theft and someone that wouldn’t comply. Try dealing with that all day.

Most of you sound like the African community and are getting played by emotions. I suspect if she were black they could have tazed her ass and nobody would give a rats behind.

Mostly I see people focused on the depravity and sadism displayed at the station house.

Most folks would call person a sick bastard for laughing at a recording of any animal being tortured as this old woman was.

I guess we can not jail people for being sadistic and depraved. But we certainly should be able to weed them out of public service.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
There must be a few decent cops in Loveland. Someone decided these videos needed to be made public.

Or has that been pursuant to court action brought about by the 73 year old victim's family.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.google.com/amp/s/kdvr.c...-dementia-was-injured-during-arrest/amp/

Forty-five minutes into the booking video, three officers are seen huddled together, watching the body worn camera video.

At one point, the female officer says, “can you stop it now?” One of the male officers responds, “Ready for the pop? Hear the pop?”

The other male officer responds, saying, “what’d you pop?”

The male officer responds, “I think it was her shoulder.”

As the video continues, the female officer visibly hides her face with her hat and hands. At one point she says, “I hate this.”

One of the male officers responds to her saying, “What?” She responds again saying, “I hate this.” The male officer follows up with laughter saying, “I love it.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I hope these brave men and women in blue get everything they have coming to them.....

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They have been hiding behind the blue shield.

Everyone in that dept and any others that saw this video and didn't report it should be concidered accomplices.after the fact

What is a duty to report a crime – liability for disclosure?
Every person or corporation in Colorado who has reasonable grounds to believe that a crime has been committed is duty-bound to report the suspected crime promptly to law enforcement authorities.

Failure to report the crime is itself considered a criminal offense under Colorado law.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
That POS needs do time in jail, followed by a severe ass kicking. Disgusting.

Last edited by AKCHOPPER; 04/29/21.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
All four are now on administrative leave. I suspect at least one won’t be invited back.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
All four are now on administrative leave. I suspect at least one won’t be invited back.

And under criminal investigation by an outside agency, specifically the Fort Collins Police.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Are they on leave because of what they did, or because We The People found out.

I suspect the latter.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by steve4102

Are they on leave because of what they did, or because We The People found out.

I suspect the latter.

Is this an “if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?” kind of question?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I forgot to pay for a tank full of gas once. Thank God it was just at the convenience store in town here where they know me so they didn't call the cops and have my arm broke.

Nobody can beat you up.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Nobody can beat you up.

Heh !

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Nobody can beat you up.

Heh !

Have you not read how tough he types? He's scary.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I see the WLM faction is still fired up.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

“Forgot.”

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Nobody can beat you up.

Heh !

Have you not read how tough he types? He's scary.

Heh !
Yeah, even to the point of getting put on his Ignore list.

Horrible, I tell ya.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (219DW, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1minute, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,686
Posts18,513,509
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.