Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 41 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 40 41
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Nah, just like with religion you're not going to budge either side. Not worth it.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's your ball Rick, if we want to play we must follow your rules. grin

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pithy stuff going on in the Episcopal Church there Steve.....<Psst, which way do you think they are going to go on the Gay/Lesbian ordaniation thing?>

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
bxroads

Matthew 21:19......And he said, never again shall fruit grow on you. And the fig tree withered up at once.

Nail

What about guns?When do we get guns?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Pithy stuff going on in the Episcopal Church there Steve.....<Psst, which way do you think they are going to go on the Gay/Lesbian ordaniation thing?>

I think the church is going to split. The Archbishop of Canterbury is going to be here next month (in New Orleans, considered neutral turf by the feuding groups). I don't see the poofter priest group backing down, and if they don't the fight over church property if the split occurs will be ugly and public.

The world-wide Anglican church simply cannot do its missionary work where the church's enemies can truthfully say they support buggery and even condone it in the hierarchy. We are in the midst of a search for a new rector, and you'd be amazed how many people act like that's not a significant issue.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No I wouldn't be amazed....sadly. Good luck with your search for the new rector.... that's always important, but in times of deep conflict even more so.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mac --- You just have to give them the right to be wrong . I was pretty much a " Johnny One Note " on CATC .I said this over and over :

The human mind is incapable of comprehending a Self Existant Being . God must be " apprehended ".Even the early church fathers knew this . They described God only in the negative : Not this , not that .

Now in 2007 we had this forum where folks realized you couldn't "know" God's mind , but they were closer to it than you ! And they had the bible verses to back it up .

What some folks seemed to miss is that a man can't fulfill the Great Commandment with his head [ knowledge ],but with his heart .On judgement day we won't be asked WHAT we know but WHO we know !

I will say that in the last couple of weeks , posters of the Roman Catholic persuasion were given ample opportunity to explain some of the tenets of their faith .I personally didn't ask any questions but some questions were asked and asked in the same spirit that a Church of Christ member might be asked by a Baptist .I didn't get a chance to see the answers [ if they came ] because apparently someone crossed the line one too many times for Rick .

Couldn't have been me .

I was gone .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Rector? Darn near killed 'er. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Not sure why Roman Catholics, or anybody else, needs to explain the tenets of their faith to anybody. Seems to me to be pretty presumptive on the part of those asking for the explanation.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
depends if the question is a product of curiosity..........ive questioned various employees of ours as to their beliefs but it was out of personal curiosity and nothing more........had a gal a few years back that was a Mormon...was interesting to sit and talk to her about her faith.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
"I thought it was funny � "

� Pagan Rome sicced lions onto Christians for public entertainment.
� "Let's you and him fight" was a favorite ploy of school-yard bullies when I was a kid.
� Michael Vick and his cronies, if allegations are true, sic dogs on each other as an organized spectator sport (and brutally kill those that don't do well).
� Some Campfire compadres have confessed that they like to set others at each others' throats, then to sit back and to enjoy the ensuing fuss.
� Some here have said that for them, CATC was a similar source of amusement.

Am I the only one here who sees all the above as essentially the same?

Am I the only one here who sees identical puerile cruelty in all of the above?

frown

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like I said ; 'twern't me that asked!

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickBin
What do you think?

rb

I have never visited the site, but just reading between the lines...I think that as soon as it is demonstrated that warnings have force behind them, and the message is understood, the forum will most likely reappear.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Rattler,
I agree with that perspective. I'm not what most would call overly religious. I was raised Catholic but I had (have) some issues there as well. I've always been one to listen and learn from others' religions. Compelling others in a "mine is better than yours" is a lot different.

Personally, I never went down to CATC. I know where I stand and don't need others to tell me otherwise. Don't feel like telling anybody else where to stand either.

George

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Gene,
Roger that, didn't mean to attack. Only meant to use the quote to make a point.

George

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Asking average or typical laymen to explain the tenets of their denominations is a guaranteed path to confusion and misconception � like asking babies to explain reproduction from conception to parturition.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Asking average or typical laymen to explain the tenets of their denominations is a guaranteed path to confusion and misconception �

Not really,..

They're all the same, actually.

Deny everything,.. make counter accusations.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The southern baptists got it down to a "T".

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
No offense to southern baptists,... us Methodists have this long standing feud with them is all,....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i get what your saying Ken, still enjoy talking with ppl about their beliefs.......figure a candle light shown to me on their beliefs is far better than being in the dark.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 10 of 41 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 260madman, 1234, 46 invisible), 2,191 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,267
Posts18,504,924
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.