Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If you look at the COVID virus as a two-dimensional problem, you will be volunteering for a multidimensional problem. Make your decisions, take your chances.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So, vaccinated immunity is better than naturally acquired immunity? And the vaccines provide immunity not only from symptoms but limit the spread? I’ve not seen that. Mostly they are saying that vaccinated individuals can still acquire Covid and spread it.

Last edited by JoeBob; 05/03/21.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Doc thank you for your posts. I for one appreciate them.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JoeBob
]So, vaccinated immunity is better than naturally acquired immunity?

Don't be disingenuous.

And the vaccines provide immunity not only from symptoms but limit the spread? I’ve not seen that. Mostly they are saying that vaccinated individuals can still acquire Covid and spread it.

I'm not sure who "they" are, but if you say "they" are saying that, they sound pretty poorly informed. The literature is pretty clear that infections can occur in vaccinated persons, but at a significantly lower rate. The severity of illness infected persons with acute disease is much lower than in non-vaccinated control groups, and hospitalizations are very much reduced.

The assertion that asymptomatic persons can infect others has been made and repeated many times over the past year, mostly by politicians and politically motivated docs like Fauci and Brix, but there is little (in my view zero) reliable evidence of this in the literature and the preponderance of evidence argues strongly against it being anything but a rare anomaly.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Thanks, Ken. Say, does wrapping the front of your rifle with camo tape like that make it invisible to coyotes? Asking for a friend...

I do it to hide the shine of the barrel.

Tell your friend I said "Hi."

I figgered. I might have my friend buy some of that camo tape next time he goes coyote killing. laugh

I also use a butt pad or a chair when calling.
One of the chairs I use...
https://www.sportsmans.com/camping-...vel-tripod-stool-realtree-xtra/p/1437544

The other chair....

https://www.sportsmans.com/camping-...-ridge-tripod-stool-w-backrest/p/1501340

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
DocRocket, is this you?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I got one of those. One of the more useful yote-attracting things I've found is to have a bird dog along, on a leash, tied to a tree in a conspicuous location about 25 yards away. Eyeball and I had great success using his GSP as a decoy out south of Hobbs doing that on a few occasions. The yodel-dogs didn't even look for a hunter, they just zeroed in on the GSP. Made for some fun shooting.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Interesting, I have never done that as my dog weighs only 8-10 lbs. wink

I have used a decoy rabbit with some good results.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MTDan
So this mouse-model study from May 2020 which says that some strains of corona virus had poor response to some monoclonal antibodies (others had robust neutralizing response in the study...), Somehow disproves ALL the positive research since then?

You have a definite pattern of finding old articles and proclaiming them to be something they're not. Do you actually read them?
Seriously, how do you find so much science to misinterpret? It must be a full time job!
Thinking themselves wise they became as fools.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Yeah, I was a bit skeered at one point when we had 5 (five!!) yodel-dogs making a beeline for Eyeball's pooch. She didn't seem to mind, thought they were coming to play. But after I brain-panned one and eyeball shot the heart out of a second one, none of the rest wanted to stick around and play.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Your observations are on point, sir. Thanks for your post.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah.

I suspected as much.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
5 at once, that makes for exciting times and confusion ie which one do I scare the schit out of first! laugh

IIRC my partner and I had 4-5 come in at once, but they were in different spots,one here, one behind me or one to his left/right and we killed none!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yeah.

I suspected as much.

Ah, TRH, it's so good to see you back to your old tricks!! Just a word of advice, though... don't try picking up ol' cockwomble91's habits & techniques of sophistry and dissimulation... it's beneath you. You're quite kooky enough all on your own.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
5 at once, that makes for exciting times and confusion ie which one do I scare the schit out of first! laugh

IIRC my partner and I had 4-5 come in at once, but they were in different spots,one here, one behind me or one to his left/right and we killed none!

That's usually how it goes. We were very lucky on that one. I have a great photo of my yodel-dog... his eyes were popped out like a cartoon character from the Roger Rabbit movie...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah.

I suspected as much.

Ah, TRH, it's so good to see you back to your old tricks!! Just a word of advice, though... don't try picking up ol' cockwomble91's habits & techniques of sophistry and dissimulation... it's beneath you. You're quite kooky enough all on your own.

You're still your old humorless self, I see.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sophistry...lol.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Yeah.

I suspected as much.

laugh

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

And the vaccines provide immunity not only from symptoms but limit the spread? I’ve not seen that. Mostly they are saying that vaccinated individuals can still acquire Covid and spread it.

I'm not sure who "they" are, but if you say "they" are saying that, they sound pretty poorly informed. The literature is pretty clear that infections can occur in vaccinated persons, but at a significantly lower rate. The severity of illness infected persons with acute disease is much lower than in non-vaccinated control groups, and hospitalizations are very much reduced.

The assertion that asymptomatic persons can infect others has been made and repeated many times over the past year, mostly by politicians and politically motivated docs like Fauci and Brix, but there is little (in my view zero) reliable evidence of this in the literature and the preponderance of evidence argues strongly against it being anything but a rare anomaly.

My cousin is practicing in a clinic diagnosing and prescribing as a NP.

Her thoughts mirror yours on these subjects.

We know the motivation for all the fake news pushed by the left. I fail to understand the motivation behind the fake news fed to us by conservative media.

My cousin reports that she has seen no flu patients in almost a year.

I understand that sales of Tami-flu are nonexistent.

Have you seen similar in your practice?

Have Covid inspired restrictions eliminated the flu for the 20-21 season?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Yeah.

I suspected as much.

People are discussing serious matters of life and serious disability, and perhaps death. Where's the humor in that?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.