Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by cra1948
Agreed. There’s nothing that was machined in the 19th century that can’t be machined a lot faster, easier and better today.
There may be many reasons not to, but among them is not that it's not doable. I currently work in a building with 40 massive 5 axis CNC machines, and its amazing what they turn out.

Not only can it be made, but it can be done with precision that M&H could have only dreamed of. The only issue, and it always comes down to this; is the economics. Will they sell enough to make it worth their trouble?

Yeah, the economics are really the only constraint. We can do machining that I, having worked around machining/manufacturing all my adult life, can hardly believe. It takes a bit of up-front investment before the first chip falls, however. Then there’s the business of putting them together....marketing, distribution and a whole bunch of “back of the house” business functions to go along with any new product or product line. There’s a ton of money invested before the first one is shipped and, honestly, how many people are going to buy them?

Mathew 22: 37-39

GB1

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cra1948
Yeah, the economics are really the only constraint. We can do machining that I, having worked around machining/manufacturing all my adult life, can hardly believe. It takes a bit of up-front investment before the first chip falls, however. Then there’s the business of putting them together....marketing, distribution and a whole bunch of “back of the house” business functions to go along with any new product or product line. There’s a ton of money invested before the first one is shipped and, honestly, how many people are going to buy them?
Yeah, that's why I'm hoping for Uberti rather than some startup. Just dreaming...I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

What is the allure?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For me it's the ability to shoot a great historical piece without guilt. Its a historical piece, no practicality intended.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hollywood just needs to make a movie about some super kung fu MMA trained 19th Century Cool Guy kicking serious ass and piling up mounds of bodies using a prominently featured M&H. That would jump start demand and the increasingly bad sequels would keep it going long enough to sell a fair volume. Kind of like what "Jeremiah Johnson" did for Hawken rifles or "Dirty Harry" did for .44 Magnum Smiths.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That's how you do it. Show off all the features. Crush a skull of a bad guy with the skull crusher grip. Show the selective extraction of only empty cases, and then show off the barrel swapping capability. Do all that in a good western and the public will be begging for one.

Last edited by GunGeek; 05/04/21.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by GunGeek
This is one revolver I'd love to see as a reproduction; especially in a two barrel set with skull crusher grip.

Uberti hasn't made a new revolver model in 20 years; it's time Uberti!!! This is what we want (or at least what I want).

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1d/23/e0/1d23e0a9f1dd10ba9b936dc634b52e61.jpg[/img

revisiting an old thread

go to youtube and watch the video of the merwin & hulburt on Forgotten Weapons - after seeing that video I am lusting for one

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10 invisible), 1,497 guests, and 879 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.