Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Hmm...not good. Lol. 🤣

its a very strange movie(the beguiled)

Humm, like Satan beguiled Eve in the garden. Nothing new under the sun.

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children.”

Humm. She was going to have pain in childbirth but because of her sin HE was going to make it more than normally severe andwith THAT painful labor she would have CHILDREN. PLURA, AS IN BOTH CAIN AND ABLE. One was of GODS SEED. Satan had mixed his tares with the wheat. The true, Original Sin.

It appears that, even before the fall, there would have been some pain in childbirth. God says, “I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth” (ESV), using a Hebrew word meaning “to increase.” The pain of childbirth would be more than before. The pain was amplified.

Do any of you REMEMBER that other guy on here who USED TO go full caps on RANDOM words? The guy seemed a little LOONY, wonder what happened to HIM?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Reeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
movie was remade in 2017 , in the original Clint 'Union soldier' does a lot more than kissing. great movie

btw , 1971 was the best year for great movies , take a look. how many have you seen?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_films_of_1971

Last edited by persiandog; 05/03/21.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by persiandog
movie was remade in 2017 , in the original Clint 'Union soldier' does a lot more than kissing. great movie

btw , 1971 was the best year for great movies , take a look. how many have you seen?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_films_of_1971

Wow. Didn't go completely through the list, but just up to H, I saw lots of them, and they were memorable. Amazing for one year.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
That is really creepy. A man and a 12 year old girl. That is an outtake from "The Beguiled?"

The adult star of that film was Geraldine Page. Her son is Tony Torn and he is my part time neighbor up here in the mountains. He usually lives in New York.
When that film was made Geraldine took Tony down there with her, he was about 7 years old. He just hung around the set during the day and during coffee breaks would sit around and chit chat with Clint Eastwood.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Eastwood didn't have many morals to have even played this part. The producers had none to have thought it up either. Most from hollywood have sick twisted minds.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Eastwood didn't have many morals to have even played this part. The producers had none to have thought it up either. Most from hollywood have sick twisted minds.

The movie was based on 1862, you think men didn't marry young girls back then? Down south in 1865 16 was over the hill, times change. NThe original was a good movie and Clint was a good actor even in those days.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The whole fuggin' movie was weird.

Did y'all forget that the woman in charge of the girls home in the movie was still mourning her dead brother, and their incestuous relationship?

It's Hollywood, folks.

Don't confuse the role with the person... Hell my wife does that. She'll say she isn't watching a movie because so and so is in it. Why, Dear? "Because Bruce Dern shot John Wayne."

Umm.... okay... crazy

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
That is really creepy. A man and a 12 year old girl. That is an outtake from "The Beguiled?"

That's great coming from Mr."I wanna touch and kiss pretty dolly".... laugh

Try again.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Beguiled and Play Misty for me ,are about the only 2 Eastwood movie's i just never liked ,kinda like The Searchers the only John Wayne movie i never liked ,and i have tried to like them

NRA Life Member
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

The movie was based on 1862, you think men didn't marry young girls back then? Down south in 1865 16 was over the hill, times change. NThe original was a good movie and Clint was a good actor even in those days.

Who cares about 1862 with what's going on now. The child sex trade wasn't even going on then like it is now. Most everything that comes out of hollywood is never meant to be a good influence on anyone. To say they were just telling it like it was during that time seems to invite more perversion.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Who cares about 1862 with what's going on now. The child sex trade wasn't even going on then like it is now. Most everything that comes out of hollywood is never meant to be a good influence on anyone. To say they were just telling it like it was during that time seems to invite more perversion.

It most assuredly was going on.

You think that is a recent development?

History is your friend.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Did y'all forget that the woman in charge of the girls home in the movie was still mourning her dead brother, and their incestuous relationship?

It's Hollywood, folks.

Don't confuse the role with the person... Hell my wife does that. She'll say she isn't watching a movie because so and so is in it. Why, Dear? "Because Bruce Dern shot John Wayne."

Umm.... okay... crazy

John W. warned Bruce what the outcome would be and he was right. Took a long time for Dern to get another part and even then not anything like his early years.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think it would be illegal to film that scene today, a grown man kissing a 12 year old girl on the mouth.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by SBTCO

It's Hollywood, folks.

Umm.... okay... crazy

John W. warned Bruce what the outcome would be and he was right. Took a long time for Dern to get another part and even then not anything like his early years.

Especially since he was a better actor than John! Strange how that works!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

It most assuredly was going on.

You think that is a recent development?

History is your friend.

Yes it was going on then. I know that. It's even worse now. My point is how much better off everyone would be if some decency was promoted. I haven't watched this movie but I imagine all it does is glorify Eastwood's character and whatever happens is okay because it's the narrative of the script. It's well known that hollywood has been using it's influence for years to promote anything and everything the left wants including communism, same sex marriage and the list goes on and on. I'd also guess many of them are eye ball deep in abusing children and anyone else they want. Just look at what Weinstein had been doing for years and who his buddies are. The witch clinton was one of his friends then just look at who Eastwood supported as president this last time. It's as bad as kids having roll models like they do in the high paid athletes. But to your point, yes history is our friend. By all means.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
This movie doesn't glorify Eastwood's character. The girls at the school get riled up and they murder Eastwood. Poison him with poison mushrooms.
This is one creepy movie I can't stand to watch it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not seen the movie, but a neighbor once loaned me a book composed solely of interviews with ladies that came to Oregon in the mid-1800's via wagon or ship. Near all were married between 13-15 yrs, and those remaining single into their late teens deemed unsuitable old maids.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/04/21.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Child brides have been the norm for older men for several thousand years throughout history and in every country. At the time, 1862, the Age of Consent in a number of states was 13. Back in those days, the old adage "Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed," held sway.

Today, the child sex trade is in full bloom, and not just in Hollywood. It's rampant all over the world. It is tragic for the children, but it exists.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 62 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,437
Posts18,470,834
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.