-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 41 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 40 41
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That was for those who are wondering what was going on down there.

Me

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang. I did read a fair amount there--though rarely ever posted. Well, I hope we don't get rid of the HUNTING RIFLES forum because of all the Savage and Browning bashing that goes on there. And I think the OPTICS forum is in serious trouble too...

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would be good for all to remember the 11th commandment...
"Thou shalt not take thyself so god-damned seriously"

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

Originally Posted by garryc
I often wonder if it's so simple that all we talk about is frosting on the cake. That the simple belief of Chist as savior is the only thing important, and that the smaller things, and rituals, are just fluff.

You've got it, Garry!!! You've GOT it!

Exactly.

Oh, there's more � lots more � that's important enough for God to want us to know it.

� My first curiosity about Christianity was what God expects of His own. There's lots more than just letting Him be good and merciful to us.

� My next curiosity about Christianity was how Christ wanted His disciples (us, not just those in the New Testament) to follow Him. That led to another curiosity that resulted from noticing the obvious disparities and contrasts between the beliefs and practices of (a) the early Christians and (b) the church people of today.

� Then, of course, the inevitable questions became (a) "How did that become this?" and (b) "Was the process of transformation or evolution scripturally legitimate?"

The search for answers to these questions has taken years of diligent research and study, but the answers have been edifying and enriching. (None of any value at all has come from human opinion or judgement.)

Alas, they're also 'way too rich for some palates.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
[/quote]
As a Baptist I have to have Biblical backing for beliefs.

[/quote]

What does being baptist have to do with it? Every theology is based off of scripture, except the cults. The baptists are so full of themselves they think that they are the only ones who read the bible.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by teal

Andrew, I, for one, had no idea such posts as the one cited existed on here. I grew tired of the endless arguments long ago so never frequented this forum. I must admit to being disheartened to the extreme by such posts. It certainly does nothing to promote Christian ethics.

I only know Jesus and Him crucified and that's my message. I know that if I were the only sinner on earth He still would have gone to the cross for me. How could I not love Him? He also reminded us that 'if we had done it to the least of these, we had done it unto Him.' That's a sobering reflection.

Bless you all.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

No. That was cherry picking the worst of the worst and I cannot stand by and let you insinuate those kind of posts were the norm. Neither is it true that there were only a few times people were called out for that kind of posting. I did it every time I saw it happening from the beginning in getting involved with CATC over three years ago. And I noted that several posters significantly toned down their posts regarding other faiths. Even those who had extensive background in those faiths. Not all certainly as there are all types in the the world and some are just set in their ways and believe it their duty to point to the "truth" in any manner for the benefit of others.

And everytime there was an outcry from someone who was offended and said they were leaving, I told them to stay and stick up for what they believed. Hardly any did. Either they didn't really care, could not defend their positions, didn't fully understand those positions, or it wasn't worth it to them or........?? And though they left, if there was more posted that I considered inappropriate I labeled it as such to the poster as often did others.

I am very disappointed in the manner of character assasination you seem to enjoy foisting on fish280 and all those who posted on CATC on the "other side of the fence". The "us and them" mentality is neither productive or a reality except for those who make it so. None were perfect but few participated in the kind of posting you decry and want to paint as typical.

There was much good that was done on CATC. It's a shame you and others refuse to acknowledge any of that. It's a bigger shame for those who cannot recognize any of it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody who bashs the Pope and Billy Graham in the same post is [ at least ] an equal opportunity basher !

I am a great admirer of Billy Graham and read the post when it was entered . I didn't respond and this is why :

The Reverend Graham didn't change one whit because some keystrokes were made in cyberland . Neither did the Roman Catholic church , for that matter .Why would I want to give Sanlen an excuse for defending his statement about Dr. Graham ?

You can bet he has reasons sufficient to him for his views and can express them pretty eloquently,or at least better than me .A man who disdains the Pope AND Billy Graham marks himself as being pretty far out in his view of christianity .

That doesn't mean I should dis-regard everything else he has to say .Some guys think Rem 700's are better than winnies but also allow that a 30 06 is the best cartridge in existance .I don't discount both views because one of them is wrong !

Maybe I got a thicker skin than some on here , 'cause I sure do like Billy and I didn't get riled up .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jed; I think you hit the nail on the head .Might be interesting which " side " poked fun at THEMSELVES the most .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ricky , I'm gonna say something here I NEVER said on CATC ;

AMEN!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're full of the same BS as usual...just at a different place. All the dogma and accusations about another's beliefs got to be tedious and vitriolic. There was little or no Christian kindness at CATC, just viscous condemnation. Who needs that? Rick sure didn't, and neither did most of us.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gene - if you want to believe that - fine. But remember that your view is not one from the target of that type of post.

I never had a problem with you and I didn't say fish was part of the issue down there. I am simply stating that those that say Catholic bashing didn't happen or it was just a "difference of beliefs" aren't completely honest. The shutting of CATC has nothing to do with differences of opinion but how those differences were expressed.

There were/are people who participated there that are great people, Christian in every way. I appreciated their insight. When asked AWAY from that forum - the conversation was much more civil (I happen to retain a 100 post pm session with someone who is NOT Catholic - excellent discussion that also happened to discuss the very probable nuking of CATC).

To those that believe the nuking of CATC is simply a continuation of the inquisition - please show me another HUNTING AND SHOOTING board with 15,000+ members that has a place specific to faith like we had here?. I can't find one on AR, Baitshopboyz, Sniper's Hide, AR15.com or anywhere else.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, Okay I recant my "Exactly!"
Don't burn me at the stake, folks!! eek crazy grin

Last edited by 340boy; 08/14/07.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another of my favorite stories � a joke with punch � tells of a new-comer in Heaven who sees a huge area surrounded by a high board fence, with the sounds of loud hymn-singing inside. He asks his guide about it.

"Oh, those are the *******s. They think that they're the only ones Up Here."

A couple of Dad's bishop friends were always debating a certain doctrine regarding personal purity, at times rather heatedly.

"You obviously don't believe," one said to the other, "that I'm going to Heaven."

"Oh, that isn't my concern," the other said. "I'm worried that you'll go right on by."

grin

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes;friend Ken , they are too rich [ or perhaps require more study than most of us are willing to do] .That's why we need "expert witnesses" to dumb it down for us .I count you as being the best around this 'fire .

You stuck it out at CATC far longer than most would have .You were cyber-attacked on a PERSONAL basis many times.Don't recall anybody intervening.

Guess it depends on who's dog is being chawed !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't burn � I hug.

smile

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many "rightous" folks did God require be found in Sodom and Gomorrah in order for Him to spare the cities ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

I don't burn � I hug.

smile

I know, Ken.
God bless you, sir!
smile

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I forget who said it, years ago, that if God didn't straighten-out San Francisco pretty soon, He'd have to resurrect Sodom and Gomorrah and apologize.

smile

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

To those that believe the nuking of CATC is simply a continuation of the inquisition - please show me another HUNTING AND SHOOTING board with 15,000+ members that has a place specific to faith like we had here?. I can't find one on AR, Baitshopboyz, Sniper's Hide, AR15.com or anywhere else.

Apparently not here either. Had is the appropriate word.

Steve

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><
Page 13 of 41 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (17CalFan, 1936M71, 12savage, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,980
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.