-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 41 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 40 41
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The entire deal goes something like this : " Judge not but judge rightous judgement ".I take that to mean-maybe among other meanings- that God has passed judgement on ideas and activities and we are to apply THAT judgement .

Looks to me like that what the poster did .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rick is obligated under this format to provide space for a religious forum? Exactly where is your religious forum? Clearly, if Rick is obligated to support one, you are too. Particularly in light of the fact you believe it to be his obligation.
art

Respectfully submitted...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What about "Judge not, lest ye be judged." ? ...

then again, there's also Judge Wapner and Judge Judy ... (grin)

-WGM-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gene williams
The entire deal goes something like this : " Judge not but judge rightous judgement ".I take that to mean-maybe among other meanings- that God has passed judgement on ideas and activities and we are to apply THAT judgement .

Looks to me like that what the poster did .

That's not the scripture I grew up with, maybe it's like that in more recent revisions.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Always liked the lineup of Joshua, Judges, Ruth... and Lyle's CD, too...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbob

"The Catholic religion is straight out of the pits of hell."

"How can you have a "church" when heathen people gather in the name of false doctrine?"

"The devil is a master counterfeiter, do you really think he wastes his time hanging out at the Church of Satan?"

"Satan wants God's children to associate with his children in an unholy alliance -Don't do it! Billy Graham has caused millions of people to see no harm in the Catholic religion. I tell you, the Catholic religion is straight from hell."

"The Catholic church is based upon TRADITIONS and not upon the Bible. Even by twisting the Bible out of context, it's still impossible for Catholics to justify their ridiculous religion."

"Look at the creepy picture below of the Great Catholic Whore, notice the scars in her hands..." (in refernce to the Virgin Mary)

It appears to me that whoever made these quotes just wasn't focused properly. Send them down to the optics forum and they will get them straightened out.

That was Cheaha. And the Cheaha Pets all agreed.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
AD,
Your post is an excellent example of why CATC should have been eliminated. You are telling Ric not only what he must believe, but how he must act, all in the name of Jesus. What arrogance! How incredibly divisive! How un-charitable! And most especially, how unlike Jesus!

I am also regretfully aware that my rant concerning you has a lot in common with your post.

Steve

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
AllenDay what you wrote LITERALLY brought tears to my eyes because what your saying here is so true and I WHOLEHEARTEDLY respect Mr Bin as well that really needed to be said I've always respect what you say Allen because whether you remember or not you sent me a pm when I was a newbie here really chiming in to help me on who to go with as per a custom built rifle and to see what you wrote here REALLY lets me know what type of person you are I appreciate this post it really made me fill well to know what type of folk we have here at 24 hour.
Also Respectfully Submitted.
MH,

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh [bleep].....are we going to be preached at now !
I get enough of that when my half-baked religious mother turns up.
LISTEN UP, religion is personal...keep it that way.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I may surprise some people but I, too, support Rick's action. I have thought about this for a while and the plug needed pulled. Possibly to get peoples attention and possibly to end that portion of the Campfire forever. Note I did not say for "good" nor do I hope "forever" is the outcome.

I understand what you are saying Allen and agree with the context but moreso trust that Rick was also being led by the Lord in his decision and his heart was right in the decision. In that, I also have to trust that Rick will continue to seek the Lord, not being unmindful of the truths you have mentioned. Indeed, he was the one who initiated CATC for exactly the purposes and uses you enumerate. Let us not forget that, or tend to only our own undertanding and view from the outside or in reaction to his necessary action.

Though not a foregone conclusion, I have a hope that Rick will institute another CATC with safegaurds to prevent the heinous and uninspired posts that sometimes plagued the former forum. And perhaps not......... but if we can come together and reason together we may see that this too shall pass and out of the ashes of that which had become tainted and irrepairable, more good and true fellowship may emerge. This is my hope and my prayer.

Rick,
I want to thank you sincerely for the CATC forum and aplogize for any hurt I caused you or anyone else by either my posts or my silence. Hurt was never intentional, though pride and arrogance can always creep in and cause the same nonetheless. I also want to apologize for the position you were put in between the Rock and the hard place with those who wanted it eliminated. You are an outstanding individual to be able to balance your purpose for the forum, the good and bad it evoked, and the voices of many you trust.

I hope there is something else in store for the 24 Hour Campfire that will allow us to share our faith, our joys and dispairs, and pray and praise the Lord of Glory corporately as Brothers and Sisters in Christ. I must say I have long believed that oft maligned and sometimes deservedly so forum, brought success to this site in ways we cannot see or comprehend fully. The Word of the Lord does not return void and that Word went out often from CATC, as I hope it will again.

Peace to all!

RickyD

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since the discussion is on this forum instead of CATC,many more are participating .
I'm gonna offer the ONE remedy that[ you know ] I've offered over and over :

This is NOT one big campfire . Each forum is one fire in a large campground . We are free to roam from fire to fire or stay at one .

CATC was one of the fires . Each thread represented a group of folks talking about something of a spiritual nature . We were free to sidle up to the group and listen to what was being said .

We could hang around and join in the discussion or move on around to the next group or maybe just wander off out of the firelight and be alone awhile .

The real problem - as I saw it was that too many folks lacked experience at REAL CAMPFIRES and didn't know how to behave , or [ more likely ] never saw it as a campfire at all .

As an example,dealing with the present case,I can't imagine ANYONE at a real campground running down the religion of the fella who kept the fires going !I also can't imagine anyone sidling up to a bunch of Morman hunters and telling them they are going to hell .

Now these are just the things I've said over and over at CATC . Just the ideas of one un-recovered Baptist !

But it WOULD have worked . I even offered it as a pledge a long time ago . Don't recall getting any takers .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Care to name the " Cheaha Pets" ?

I didn't think so .

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I also can't imagine anyone sidling up to a bunch of Morman hunters and telling them they are going to hell .
I can't imagine it either! I'm darn near certain they wouldn't share any of their beer after that. You'd have to roam around and find a bunch of Baptist hunters then. laugh

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I seldom posted at CATC. I agree there was enough toxic stuff there that it often wasn�t worth the effort to try to filter out the good/uplifting stuff. I did check in after the flap about the Pope writing that the Catholic Church was the only genuine Church due to IIRC a direct linage to Christ�s disciples <or something along those lines> My point is, he knew his words caused great anger and hurt among the Protestant world.
When the other flap occurred over the Pope saying something along the lines of islam has done some mean things back in the 1400s followed by muslims go into a worldwide seething fit, and kill an elderly nun or two the Pope makes a trip to Turkey and says something about he was sorry if his meaning was misunderstood. I will give him credit for not saying islam is peace�. But he threw them some sort of face saving bone.
I made a few very careful posts looking for any insight into the catholic posters views on what the Pope had said and then just backed off. �
Perhaps I missed an explanation of how the Pope was not being disrespectful to those of the Protestant faith�.

Below is what I was refering to. I like to believe there are different Christian bodies that serve the Lord. Over the years I have had only one Catholic friend that was devoted in a deep way. Perhaps there is a Cathloic poster here who would like to explain how the Pope was not "Protestant bashing" when he wrote this:
http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,288841,00.html

"The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith said it was issuing the new document on ecumenism because some contemporary theological interpretations of Vatican II's ecumenical intent had been "erroneous or ambiguous" and had prompted confusion and doubt.

The new document -- formulated as five questions and answers -- restates key sections of a 2000 text the pope wrote when he was prefect of the congregation, "Dominus Iesus," which riled Protestant, Lutheran and other Christian denominations because it said they were not true churches but merely ecclesial communities and therefore did not have the "means of salvation."

"Christ 'established here on earth' only one Church," said the document released as the pope vacations at a villa in Lorenzago di Cadore, in Italy's Dolomite mountains.

The other communities "cannot be called 'churches' in the proper sense" because they do not have apostolic succession -- the ability to trace their bishops back to Christ's original apostles -- and therefore their priestly ordinations are not valid, it said."

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
re Baptists and beer :

An interviewer asked Willie Nelson how unsettling it was for him as a youngster to pick at a Texas beer joint on Sat. nite and at the Abbot Baptist church the next morning . He replied ; " Same audience,different songs !"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've studied the origins and history of the Roman Catholic Church � even read Father Chiniquy's hard-to-find autobiographical Fifty Years in the Church of Rome � and its spin-offs. I find it significantly at odds with my understanding of God's great eternal plan for us.

But God, for whatever His reasons may be, lets it continue to operate. So who am I to try to discredit it or to destroy it? I see chinks in its walls, but I'm content to let God work on 'em as He sees fit. One theme of my book In Step with the Master is to let God guide His own Hand in the great spiritual storm that He is even now stirring, which no "wood, hay, or stubble" will survive.

A Baptist pastor whom I used to know said of himself that he was prone to graft branches onto God's trees whenever he thought that their crowns were too thin.

"The trouble is," he said, "they never bear any fruit."

smile

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wouldn't it be kind of weird if the head of the Catholic Church DIDN'T think it's teaching is the correct route to salvation?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good point Steve - kind of like when I was in the Navy - If I didn't think that it was the best branch of service - why was I there? If I didn't think Peterbilt makes the best class 8 trucks on the road - how can I stand there and tell a customer that his 20k investment in an overhaul was the best thing for him?

If any poster there (CATC) didn't think their way was the best - they need to examine how they came to their way. The difference is I will not assume I know the mind of God and would tell someone that they are going to hell, that God is mad at them etc. That is an arrogance I will not partake in.

My hope for CATC was more for a place of "This is how Christ is touching my life - how is He touching yours?" and not so much - I read chapter x and verse y and believe that it means the RCC is the whore of babylon and that you are all needing to convert.

Which is more uplifting? I say it's sharing much like when we post pics of a successful hunt vice ragging on how someone did the hunt.

Last edited by teal; 08/14/07.

Me

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It is gone. Let's move on now because it's not coming back ----- or is it?

NRA Life Member
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I bloody well hope it does come back, then this lot can go bitch at each other somewhere else so that we may go back to bitching about everything else here.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 15 of 41 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 54 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,571
Posts18,473,285
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.