Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Backroads
Looks like nice country!
How close is the water?

I'm between two lakes, ten miles to the east and to the west on an improved gravel Forest Service road, plus there is some close by stream fishing.

Nice to be close to recreation for sure!
How far to drinking water?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice! Hope y’all enjoy it.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looks like nice country!
How close is the water?

I'm between two lakes, ten miles to the east and to the west on an improved gravel Forest Service road, plus there is some close by stream fishing.

The property owners, a real kick-back bunch, have a community spring fed water source 3/4 mile from me. UCLA tested the water and said it's the best and purest water they have ever tested. The flow out the pipe is about 4 gallons/minute, and the watercress there is fresh and sweet.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have two high flow demand pumps I got for the farm to build a sprayer that didn't get built. I'll put a 5 gallon bucket under the spring pipe with a 55 gallon blue food grade poly tank in the back of the truck and pump from the bucket up into the tank. Then I'll pump that into another tank on a stand next to the cabin. That water will be for washing and bathing. We're rigging a shower stall outside the 10X10 shed with my RV hang on LP instant water heater. The outhouse uses a plastic bag lined five gallon bucket and cedar chips. We used that method all last summer, and it works great, just add cedar chips as you "go". wink

Last edited by luv2safari; 05/05/21.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Nice! My wife has 2 - one is actually "finished". more or less. After 40 years....

So we bought another over the winter. Some assembly required,

Tin side goes up....... smile

In the interim, for short visits.... yeah, I know. Crappy solution. Maybe the wheels weren't such a good idea, but that's the way it came.

Enjoy your new cabin, guy!

Last edited by las; 05/05/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Livin' the good life there Bruce!

I think you're smart..............like me. Mennonites build those things here, we have had them move on a 10x12 shed and our chicken coop. Here in our county, anything 120sf or less needs no permit. The shed is my wife's, for her dog training equipment and assorted other things.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice little cabin especially when you get it finished out👍

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by las
Nice! My wife has 2 - one is actually "finished". more or less. After 40 years....

So we bought another over the winter. Some assembly required,

Tin side goes up....... smile

In the interim, for short visits.... yeah, I know. Crappy solution. Maybe the wheels weren't such a good idea, but that's the way it came.

Enjoy your new cabin, guy!

In CA that would need a steering wheel, seat belt, rearview mirror, and a cat-converter.
grin

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Beautiful!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

[/quote]

In CA that would need a steering wheel, seat belt, rearview mirror, and a cat-converter.
grin[/quote]

Registration, insurance, personal property tax?

Cabins like ours are for sanity checks. When we leave them, we know we are crazy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like nice country!
How close is the water?

The property owners, a real kick-back bunch, have a community spring fed water source 3/4 mile from me. UCLA tested the water and said it's the best and purest water they have ever tested. The flow out the pipe is about 4 gallons/minute, and the watercress there is fresh and sweet.

I have two high flow demand pumps I got for the farm to build a sprayer that didn't get built. I'll put a 5 gallon bucket under the spring pipe with a 55 gallon blue food grade poly tank in the back of the truck and pump from the bucket up into the tank. Then I'll pump that into another tank on a stand next to the cabin. That water will be for washing and bathing. We're rigging a shower stall outside the 10X10 shed with my RV hang on LP instant water heater. The outhouse uses a plastic bag lined five gallon bucket and cedar chips. We used that method all last summer, and it works great, just add cedar chips as you "go". wink

Sounds like a nice spot.
Congrats!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by czech1022
Beautiful!

Come on up and go fishing, my friend. wink

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by las

What is this showing?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice, I like it!!!!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by las

What is this showing?

That's my newest outhouse , Mike. Snow should be gone about now, or soon.

You in for a crapper raising???

Seems it got the wind up at some point before we bought the place in January..... You notice the wind-anchor cable from the cabin?

I'll handle the outhouse anchors and tie-down cable, once up again.

Lookin like luv might be smarter than me..... but that's a low bar. smile

View is good though.

Last edited by las; 05/06/21.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DMc
Why didn't you build it on site rather than move it? Post pics when the interior is installed. I think it's terrific. Will need a deck, partially covered would be nice.

What are the dimensions?

I am 73 with only one usable arm and a twice broken back. I bought it from the builder of these just a few miles from me, and he delivered it at no additional charge. It is a two hour trip to the site one way, also, and gas ain't free. We did the calculations of materials costs and travel. It cost no more to have Out West Buildings make me one at their local factory than trying to build it ourselves, which is nearly impossible now. With no power to the area I would have used two generators for saws and compressors, plus hauling everything to the site and back.

Four hours a day would be devoted to travel. And, this being an engineered building makes permitting much simpler. Son and grandson, plus son's construction foreman/carpenter friend use the campground a lot and will build a 10X10 storage shed behind the cabin. I bought the materials last year when I saw prices starting to move up. They'll also do a porch cover to the side, where we'll build a paver patio.

It's a 10'X20' lofted barn with the loft floor 10'X10' With doors, windows, insulated floor, and delivery and placement on the pad I built it was $7,500.00, including 7.6% sales tax. For that and all the travel involved let them build it and bring it on up.

A bargain I'd say! Congratulations! Should make a fine Cabin.....I would use such a thing myself!

Frog----OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Smart plan luv2 and dang nice sometimes less is more. You have the jump on us. Enjoy . Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a similar 12'x16' "Chalet" in a remote part of my Colorado property. Sometimes, i can get my 4x4 up there; sometimes not. But it's got everything I need, except for fresh food and extra clothes, which I can hike up if needed. I always can get my vehicle within about 1/4 mile of it. It's amazing what one can do with such a small structure.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It has a loft, which helps.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Plenty of booze and ammo.

Stove/oven.

Heat.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
WOOHOO!!

Pleased for you!!
Look forward to seeing the build process!!

God Bless,
David B.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 55 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,314
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.