Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SandBilly
It’s just a [bleep] word. This world has bigger problems and doesn’t need the holier than thou judging at every corner, just like JG, fake ass Christian.
What do you expect ? After all there's a lot of fake ass christians on here. Or piss poor if you'd prefer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by SandBilly
It’s just a [bleep] word. This world has bigger problems and doesn’t need the holier than thou judging at every corner, just like JG, fake ass Christian.
What do you expect ? After all there's a lot of fake ass christians on here. Or piss poor if you'd prefer.

Exactly...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
M
Originally Posted by duck911
There are 100% acceptable times, places, and audiences for using foul language.

You can tell a lot about someone if they actually understand and implement what I just said, above.

#highendrestaurants
#closingbigdeals

[Linked Image from internationalcamellia.org]
Vacations...

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've quit drinking, smoking & cursing......

Five minutes later: son-of-a-bîtçh, I've left my cigarettes at the bar again!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
No clue why it took so long for this to show up.

Caution: language! If only obviously.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
First saw the "F" word at about 4-5 years old, walking down the back street to the main drag where I grew up with Mom and Dad. Maybe to get a pizza or something. Painted in big red letters on a loading dock on the back of a building there. Seemed like letters as tall as I was. I was a compulsive reader even at that age, and was taught "phonics", so I sounded it out in my little kid's brain, then asked the folks what does F,,K mean?

I think I got whacked and some soap to taste when we got home and told to never say that again.

The old man rarely used much more than "damn, Jesus Mary and Joseph, and very very very rarely gotdammit.

Me, I turned pro before high school.

Was working on a car in the driveway of a place the wife and I were renting, maybe a year or two after we got together. I let loose with a string of expletives the likes of which are rarely heard nowadays.

She remarked "I have never heard anyone string together so many different cuss words in one sentence. And it even made sense"

That my fellows, is the way to cuss when needed.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having read the whole thread, I assume you had a reason - that some issue or idea prompted you to create that OP. Kindly explain why you posted that and what you were seeking to accomplish. Thanks..

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Bad habit Jack, myself I try to be Christ like.
That's me?

Me too but I can't figure out how to drive that last fuggin nail.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by WMR
Most of the classy people I know curse very little, or not at all. It’s still a free country. Talk how you choose. Remember, though, that folks will draw conclusions about your character and intelligence based on your use of language.

I totally agree with this.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought the only words not to use was God's name in vain. No worship of idols.

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Bad habit Jack, myself I try to be Christ like.
That's me?

There’s nothing in the Bible other than taking the lords name in vain?
Jesus could’ve cursed like a drunken sailor...

No, HE couldn't. Shows a very poor command of the English language actually.

male bovine feces.

that just don't ring!

Last edited by las; 05/06/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by WMR
Most of the classy people I know curse very little, or not at all. It’s still a free country. Talk how you choose. Remember, though, that folks will draw conclusions about your character and intelligence based on your use of language.

I know who and what I am, Fuqk'em.

When I was a teen I fell in love with this girl and her father hated me and my long hair, I was never anything but polite to this man and he did everything to break us up. He finally succeeded by telling his daughter that he would never talk to her again if she continued to see me. a few years later she married a guy that beat the hell out of her several times, the last time he damn near killed her.

A few years after that I saw him and made a point to tell him that I had intended on marrying his daughter and taking care of her for the rest of her life but instead he fuqked all that up and damn near got his daughter killed. he hung his head, said nothing and walked away. I sincerely hope he suffered.

I understand she has remarried and I hope she is doing well, despite her father, she was a very selfless and giving person.

Moral of the story is, Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Nice story. Should've had a haircut and a bath, hippie. JK bro'. Your story is familiar, but the girl's dad hated gooks. Ended up knocked up and marrying a two-bit soldier in the Irish mob. Rosanne killed herself with heroin before she turned 40. She was my first love @ 15. Rest easy, Rosy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
Having read the whole thread, I assume you had a reason - that some issue or idea prompted you to create that OP. Kindly explain why you posted that and what you were seeking to accomplish. Thanks..

New Moderator?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
People who cruse nearly every time they speak seem like Jr high-school kids in the locker room trying to sound "grown up". Obviously they are not.

They seem very juvenile and unintelligent, as if they were stunted, yet they don't know it and have no idea how idiotic they sound. It's not the "f-word" or some trashy words said when they fit the circumstance that is telling, but the fact they can't seem to communicate without them. I know some boys and a few girls who can't tell you how to make pan-cakes or give directions to a corner market without trying to impress you with cruse words said 1-4 times in every sentence.

It may be other things.......but it's not impressive.

They sound like un-parented 12 year old ghetto rats. As if they aspire to someday be "as cool" as a 12 year old from Harlem, a street rat who could have a father chosen from any one of 70 males who used their willing mother. No one ever taught them any better and they seem to think being that low is an accomplishment.
Nothing like "setting the bar high" huh?

Last edited by szihn; 05/06/21.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Lots news about Harlem in Wyoming?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I don’t curse around people I don’t know, never around children. I do not say the GD word. It seems like all my friends curse, men and women. I seems hard to express how I feel without an F bomb thrown in.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists

HUMANS
Swearing Is Actually a Sign of More Intelligence - Not Less - Say Scientists
RICHARD STEPHENS, THE CONVERSATION
2 FEBRUARY 2017

The use of obscene or taboo language - or swearing, as it’s more commonly known - is often seen as a sign that the speaker lacks vocabulary, cannot express themselves in a less offensive way, or even lacks intelligence.

Studies have shown, however, that swearing may in fact display a more, rather than less, intelligent use of language.

While swearing can become a habit, we choose to swear in different contexts and for different purposes: for linguistic effect, to convey emotion, for laughs, or perhaps even to be deliberately nasty.

Psychologists interested in when and why people swear try to look past the stereotype that swearing is the language of the unintelligent and illiterate.

In fact, a study by psychologists from Marist College found links between how fluent a person is in the English language and how fluent they are in swearing.

The former - verbal fluency - can be measured by asking volunteers to think of as many words beginning with a certain letter of the alphabet as they can in 1 minute.

People with greater language skills can generally think of more examples in the allotted time. Based on this approach, the researchers created the swearing fluency task. This task requires volunteers to list as many different swear words as they can think of in 1 minute.

By comparing scores from both the verbal and swearing fluency tasks, it was found that the people who scored highest on the verbal fluency test also tended to do best on the swearing fluency task. The weakest in the verbal fluency test also did poorly on the swearing fluency task.

What this correlation suggests is that swearing isn’t simply a sign of language poverty, lack of general vocabulary, or low intelligence.

Instead, swearing appears to be a feature of language that an articulate speaker can use in order to communicate with maximum effectiveness. And actually, some uses of swearing go beyond just communication.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by CCCC
New Moderator?
Let's not be silly - moderation not a mode around here most of the time. Maybe try reading just what is there - the inquiry is simple - asking about motivation and any expectations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists
HUMANS
Swearing Is Actually a Sign of More Intelligence - Not Less - Say Scientists
RICHARD STEPHENS, THE CONVERSATION
2 FEBRUARY 2017

What's it worth? Typical article from some Psycho - first para sets an assumed stage ("it often seems") and second para opens the gambit ("studies have shown - - - may in fact") and then on to the theory presented toward convincing.

Normal SUP-SUP principle at work.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 45 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,251
Posts18,504,697
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.