Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 41 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 40 41
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 340boy
I think the thing to remember is that churches are made up of sinners-that is people who are weak and prone to make many mistakes. I don't ever see that changing.

Nor should it. I need a place to go to church.

Steve

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Violator22
Ah fer cryin out loud, quit bashing catholics, I am one, and a proud one, fer crap sake, this isn't My Religion is better than your religion, It is the Bullschitt like this that kept me away for CATC. You all especially the better than thou group are acting like effin' children. And if you can't get that thru your thick skulls, your not acting very christian like at all. Les

Les, so am I, I simply do not choose to wear it on my sleeve(and I do not believe the Bullsh!t).

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An open, any-topic forum like "Hunter's Campfire" allows free discussion of topics that relate somehow to Christianity. Unfortunately, heated, harsh, and bitter disputes are far too common here, but they're not the norm. Christian topics aren't common here because the title of the forum doesn't suggest or invite 'em.

A forum that's dedicated to discussion of Christ and Christianity (e g "Christ at the Campfire") is a de facto invitation for bashers and trolls to come in and to be nasty.

Carol Anne's death just before Christmas (12-15-1989) delayed my Christnmas form letter to family and friends, but I got it out not too late. I titled it "Christmas in Heaven" since that was (as I explained briefly) where she was on that 25 December. The rest � most � of the letter was about other matters of interest to family and friends. It was obviously a printed (not hand-written) form letter.

By return mail, I got a very harsh letter from a friend whose spiritual leanings and status I knew nothing of and had never thought of. He started by saying that he didn't think much of that God, Christ, and Heaven *&^%$#@!, and the rest of his letter (the only one that I ever got from him) covered no other subject.

The title and lead paragraph of that long letter was all the "invitation" or opportunity that was required to unleash a flood of vitriol. How much more so a forum titled "Christ at the Campfire" filled with rash and hateful posts?

It was, IMHO, a bad idea in the first place and should've been dropped months ago.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Rick, you are quite right, it is not Catholicism, it is not even anything approaching human, and I am not confining my criticism to the Catholic church, I am including every denomination that have allowed this abominable practise to flourish.
Unfortunately keeping quite about it is what has allowed the problem to become as rife as it is.
James.

Agreed.

Fry 'em.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You told me so in May 2005, Ken! I say that not to correct you, but to point out how long I've been dealing with the crapola behind the scenes.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just rename the forum, "We Protestants are going to Heaven, Everyone else is going to Hell."

I poked my head down there every so often to see a bunch of self rightous ego maniacs condemning me to Hell as a "Mormon Cultist". Every time I said to myself, "self I wonder how long until they start bashing Catholics or Pentacostals or Luths or whoever else."

Great way to testify of Christ, alienate everyone, insult and condemn them all to rot in eternal hellfire-damnation-sin then maybe they'll listen to you.

Did someone say there something about a bear forum?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Shipster
Originally Posted by 340boy
I think the thing to remember is that churches are made up of sinners-that is people who are weak and prone to make many mistakes. I don't ever see that changing.

Nor should it. I need a place to go to church.

Steve

Well said, Shipster.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and everyone just continued their silliness at the campfire........

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickBin
You told me so in May 2005, Ken! I say that not to correct you, but to point out how long I've been dealing with the crapola behind the scenes.

Oh, heck, Rick! I'm long accustomed to people ignoring my counsel! grin

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You were absolutely right.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So why the new thread?

Seriously, we have three going on already.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe there is something to that demon stuff?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like stomping an Ant mound. They go off in all directions looking for something to attack

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickBin
So why the new thread?

Seriously, we have three going on already.

I think that was my point Rick.............

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rick,

BRAVO!!!!

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rogue
Just rename the forum, "We Protestants are going to Heaven, Everyone else is going to Hell."

I poked my head down there every so often to see a bunch of self rightous ego maniacs condemning me to Hell as a "Mormon Cultist". Every time I said to myself, "self I wonder how long until they start bashing Catholics or Pentacostals or Luths or whoever else."

Great way to testify of Christ, alienate everyone, insult and condemn them all to rot in eternal hellfire-damnation-sin then maybe they'll listen to you.

Did someone say there something about a bear forum?

Rogue,

Very well stated. And it's all the truth!!!

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Tracks
Like stomping an Ant mound. They go off in all directions looking for something to attack

And annoying little buggers, aren't they.

RICK, give them some dark, dank little corner so that they may go back to being touchy-feely or whatever they call it...where those wounded individuals can fester in peace.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I am a new member. CATC was one of the reasons I registered to use this site. I really hate to see it go, I thought that was one of the things that made this a unique website.

People are always going to have religious and political differences. No one is ever going to think the same about any subject. That is why there are so many different denominations of religion. I hate it that people are bashing your Catholic faith, but you know they crucified Christ for what He believed.

Religion doesnt get us to heaven anyway. Religion is mans attempt to reach to God, Christianity is Gods reach to man. Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me.

If we were all more aware of what the Bible says there would be a lot less differences.

I will probablly get hammered for this because I am the new guy and this is a sensitive subject. Just my two cents.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I didnt think Christians were supposed to judge others..........................................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm reminded of the passage in scripture referring to pearls before swine, and how one should not toss them out lest they be trampled underfoot.

Page 19 of 41 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (160user, 35, 10ring1, 7887mm08, ar33c9, 12 invisible), 1,465 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,888
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.