Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Whatchu mean?

Dude is GTG if AC/DC ever gets back together. (Sorry bout the pun)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Broadhead wrenches are cheap and worth a fortune.
I got by without for a while.
Buddy bought a new bow and we were setting it up.
Hunting arrows ( mine ) were stiffer spine and what he needed so pulled my extras from hardcase and spun 5 of the 6 off no prob, he was installing field tips.

The 6th one, popped and got me.
I said oh phu k and he laughed and asked if I needed a paper towel. I said dude....bring the whole fuggin roll.

Got 3 fingers but the thumb took the worst. Bone and nail kept it on.

I wrapped it and went inside to bathroom.
Soaked a hand towel and coated the sink. It friggin poured.
Things got kinda dark around the edge's vision wise.

Cooled head on sink and came back around. Man was I hot.

Wrapped it up, buddy finished zeroing his new bow and it was maybe 2 hrs later, we went hunting.

Was pretty tired. Hilly ground. Stopped to rest and placed fugged up hand on tree to check my balance. It was a locust tree ........and I ran a big thorn right through the thumb cut paralleling the bone. Deep.

Yeah. Werent no deer for a mile after that.

That thing healed great. But was like an electric shock for a yr when Id pick stuff up. Proly 3 yrs til totally healed.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/09/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Whatchu mean?

Dude is GTG if AC/DC ever gets back together. (Sorry bout the pun)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yep, yer a dick for sure. Lol

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
Broadhead wrenches are cheap and worth a fortune.
I got by without for a while.
Buddy bought a new bow and we were setting it up.
Hunting arrows ( mine ) were stiffer spine and what he needed so pulled my extras from hardcase and spun 5 of the 6 off no prob, he was installing field tips.

The 6th one, popped and got me.
I said oh phu k and he laughed and asked if I needed a paper towel. I said dude....bring the whole fuggin roll.

Got 3 fingers but the thumb took the worst. Bone and nail kept it on.

I wrapped it and went inside to bathroom.
Soaked a hand towel and coated the sink. It friggin poured.
Things got kinda dark around the edge's vision wise.

Cooled head on sink and came back around. Man was I hot.

Wrapped it up, buddy finished zeroing his new bow and it was maybe 2 hrs later, we went hunting.

Was pretty tired. Hilly ground. Stopped to rest and placed fugged up hand on tree to check my balance. It was a locust tree ........and I ran a big thorn right through the thumb cut paralleling the bone. Deep.

Yeah. Werent no deer for a mile after that.

That thing healed great. But was like an electric shock for a yr when Id pick stuff up. Proly 3 yrs til totally healed.

Holy fugg, you gotta worry about bringing bears in with all the blood.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Irving_D
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm doing great honestly, all things considered I have healed up amazingly. I was able to keep my job and current position which was my biggest concern, still out hunting and fishing and doing most of the things I was doing before the accident. I can still grip a beer and coffee mug. In sixth months I have adjusted quite well. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🤙

No offense taken at all, I have embraced the new me and have found laughter where others should have taken offense. I sent out a group text while I was in the helicopter telling my friends i cut off half my hand. One of my best friends asked if it was to early to call me mittens. Knowing he has spent 10 yrs or so in Irag and that this was a scratch compared to the stuff he's seen i got a good laugh out of it. My favorite incident so far was when we went out to eat a few weeks ago. My food came but I had no silverware, I asked the waitress for some and she said "use my fingers" I said I would if I could find them and held up my hand. Her jaw dropped her face turned white and she said OMG I'm so sorry. I said relax I am just messing with you but I still need some silverware.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
IC B2

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm doing great honestly, all things considered I have healed up amazingly. I was able to keep my job and current position which was my biggest concern, still out hunting and fishing and doing most of the things I was doing before the accident. I can still grip a beer and coffee mug. In sixth months I have adjusted quite well. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🤙

No offense taken at all, I have embraced the new me and have found laughter where others should have taken offense. I sent out a group text while I was in the helicopter telling my friends i cut off half my hand. One of my best friends asked if it was to early to call me mittens. Knowing he has spent 10 yrs or so in Irag and that this was a scratch compared to the stuff he's seen i got a good laugh out of it. My favorite incident so far was when we went out to eat a few weeks ago. My food came but I had no silverware, I asked the waitress for some and she said "use my fingers" I said I would if I could find them and held up my hand. Her jaw dropped her face turned white and she said OMG I'm so sorry. I said relax I am just messing with you but I still need some silverware.

You're post and attitude about you're injury makes me feel better about my finger, a good laugh to...thanks Irving! laugh

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
No problem how did you make out at the doctors

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No problem how did you make out at the doctors

I couldn't get ahold of him.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

🤙

Irving, how did you cut your hand off?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 12344mag, 16penny, 65 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,824
Posts18,477,888
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.