Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akasparky
No one is twisting anyone's arm to force them to log in, view, read or contribute to any social media sites or their content.

If you don't like what's being posted or banned on any site including this one, you're always free to leave.

You can even create your own social media site designed to directly compete with another site.

It's America, we have more freedoms than most any country on earth and I'd oppose any governing body that attempts to change that.

What you fail to realize is the size and scale of Facebook. Facebook has 3 BILLION users worldwide. That is 40% of the Planet when you consider that China restricts it. 100 million conservatives can boycott Facebook, and that leaves them with 2.9 BILLION users. Facebook can send out information, and restrict information to 40% of the people on Earth. No other platform can do that.

Start your own? They have a 3 Billion (and growing) user head start. They can team up with Yahoo and Google and restrict your presence on search engines to make your new start up unseen. They can bully your advertisers. Facebook and Google can damage companies instantly with a campaign of negative ads and burying pro-content as well as making their website unfindable.

They are more than a 500 pound gorilla in the room.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jim1611

True about Donald Trump not allowing post on his site but he isn't doing it with just certain people. It's everyone. The others only ban those that don't further the agenda. They are practicing rule #2 as listed below.

“Communist Rules for Revolution.”

2. Get control of all means of publicity.
Get peoples’ minds off their government by focusing their attention on athletics, sexy books, plays and other trivialities.

That's a far reach, key words being, "Get control of all means of publicity", No one is capable of 'gaining control of ALL means.

Unless you are speaking of those opposing bans applied by different social media sites and attempting to create enforceable laws designed to defeat others rights.

#3 on this list is rather funny.
Originally Posted by Jim1611

3.. Divide people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance.

Ever pay attention to a election campaign in the United States?

Communist China has almost full control of the media. Are they nobody? I'm sorry you don't see the similarities between them and how these big tech companies are operating. And yes I pay attention to the election efforts, that's why these 9 rules stand out in my mind and many others that we are seeing the real deal to take this nation over,as obama said "to fundamentally change America". They use the Constitution in a way to construe and hide what they're doing. You surely see that, don't you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why doesn’t Trump want anyone posting on his site? Interesting.

Facebook isn’t going anywhere and have perfected mind manipulation.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

What's dumb fugk is your lack of recognizing what a dictatorship is.

LMFAO

How many dicks have you "tried."

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hatari
No one is twisting anyone's arm to force them to log in, view, read or contribute to any social media sites or their content.

If you don't like what's being posted or banned on any site including this one, you're always free to leave.

You can even create your own social media site designed to directly compete with another site.

It's America, we have more freedoms than most any country on earth and I'd oppose any governing body that attempts to change that.

What you fail to realize is the size and scale of Facebook. Facebook has 3 BILLION users worldwide. That is 40% of the Planet when you consider that China restricts it. 100 million conservatives can boycott Facebook, and that leaves them with 2.9 BILLION users. Facebook can send out information, and restrict information to 40% of the people on Earth. No other platform can do that.

Start your own? They have a 3 Billion (and growing) user head start. They can team up with Yahoo and Google and restrict your presence on search engines to make your new start up unseen. They can bully your advertisers. Facebook and Google can damage companies instantly with a campaign of negative ads and burying pro-content as well as making their website unfindable.

Strong effort, but anybody that stupid is not worthy of debate.

I doubt he can make a left hand turn in under 10 minutes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

What's dumb fugk is your lack of recognizing what a dictatorship is.

LMFAO

How many dicks have you "tried."

LOL

See, I knew you didn't even know what a dictatorship was.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Tired of hearing Republicans DO NOTHING BUT SQUAWK?

Yes, I'me very tired of it.

“Break them up,” Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, said in reaction to the decision.

Laughin' here.........................that'll be the day, even if (ever) the R's get control again, as with all their other chances on significant issues, they will manage to fritter away more & nothing will happen.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Solution - develop your own social media platform and expose them all.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The useful left wing idiots love to use words like censorship, dictatorship, freedom when they have no idea what they mean. 4 years they labeled Trump a dictator and facist and there was zero censorship. Now when free speech is shut down, woke culture is celebrated, businesses, news sites demonitized, for exercising free speech the left wing idiots like little sparky says its ok. No clue how technology is the new facism.

Strong effort, but anybody that stupid is not worthy of debate.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the GOP would first need to regain power.
Then actually find and USE their BALLS..
They are happiest though when they can bitch and moan, without any ability to do anything. Then they can blame dhimmicrats and not be held responsible themselves. The GOP could have done this years ago, but of course, did nothing. As usual.
Spot on, Sam....

To quote my friend from Kentucky, "All those Hogs feed out of the SAME trough."

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by centershot

I agree. Every successful business was small and competing against the big guys at some point. Finding a product, service, or platform people want and fill that niche.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

How does one do that? Who controls the web hosting where these magical social media sites will operate? Where does the money come from to develop and operate these sites, and who will advertise on these sites to keep them running? The banks , paypal or Google will just refuse to process any financial transactions associated with these sites and advertisers boycotted ( bankrolled by face book, google) . Been paying attention the last 2 years?

Last edited by ribka; 05/06/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You still just have a hardon because Rick banned your azz from these boards.
Now you want big brother to come to your rescue and make a law so he can't do that again.

Grow up

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What you fail to realize is the size and scale of Facebook.

AOL and Yahoo had their rise and fall too.

Don't be afraid to attempt to defeat the seemingly undefeatable.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ok web programmer. Out line a detailed plan to start up a successful media site, that maintains funding, will not get deplatformed and reaches millions of people a day producing conservative content and hosts Trump. What company are you going to use for web hosting. Can users share links to their magical site on instagram, FB, twitter? Will google searches take you o this magical site? lol. clueless. as usual and zero understanding of the real complexities of this problem. Just your dumb platitudes.

What you fail to realize is the size and scale of Facebook.

AOL and Yahoo had their rise and fall too.

Don't be afraid to attempt to defeat the seemingly undefeatable.

Last edited by ribka; 05/06/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Trump doesn’t allow people to speak on his forum, does that make him a dictator?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Tired of hearing Republicans DO NOTHING BUT SQUAWK?

Yes, I'me very tired of it.

“Break them up,” Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, said in reaction to the decision.

Laughin' here.........................that'll be the day, even if (ever) the R's get control again, as with all their other chances on significant issues, they will manage to fritter away more & nothing will happen.

MM

Hey, MM, they're getting paid far too much to DO NOTHING to ever do ANYTHING like that.

That break up the techs yak is complete BULSHIT.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ribka
Ok web programmer. Out line a detailed plan to start up a successful media site, that maintains funding, will not get deplatformed and reaches millions of people a day producing conservative content and hosts Trump. What company are you going to use for web hosting. Can users share links to their magical site on instagram, FB, twitter? Will google searches take you o this magical site? lol. clueless. as usual and zero understanding of the real complexities of this problem. Just your dumb platitudes.

What's it like to live life scared and afraid.

Are you always in need of someone to hold your hand when things challenge you?

You just talk big but are afraid of attempting big things.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
normally I wouldn't be in favor of breaking up an entity like Facebook

but we are in uncharted territory here with social media. It would be like if there was only CNN and no other media outlets. There is no competitor for Facebook, and worse, its not commerce they are effecting, its the political landscape of this country. They are also making decisions about what health information is being made available to the public based on their sphere of political influence. Finally, they sold their members data to an analytics company that generated targeted ads for a political party which opened up a can of worms as Facebook put a price on its platform to help sway an election without asking its members if they consented to it.

I absolutely believe they need to be broken up and regulated to the extent that they implement absolute policies and they make a significant investment in non bias policing of their platform. They also should be required to lock down member public information and allow it to be scrubbed.

its also important to note that Apple has gone to war with Facebook this past week by releasing a tracking update in their iOS which essentially kills the Facebook data collection algorithm. Facebook tracks your surfing habits beyond just using their app so they can target ads to you. Its a huge money maker for them and Apple now allows you to decide if Facebook can do that. I don't consider Apple the bastion of morality in this, they benefit from using a similar algorithm for their users and going straight to the advertisers

but they are giving a Facebook a taste of what happened to Parlor.

Facebook facing government regulation would see a devaluation of their platform in the billions.

Last edited by KFWA; 05/07/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka

How does one do that? Who controls the web hosting where these magical social media sites will operate? Where does the money come from to develop and operate these sites, and who will advertise on these sites to keep them running? The banks , paypal or Google will just refuse to process any financial transactions associated with these sites and advertisers boycotted ( bankrolled by face book, google) . Been paying attention the last 2 years?

you will always be at risk but one mistake that Parlor made was being completely reliant on AWS to host their system. You would have to get your own Fiber lines or better, your own servers with a dedicated registered IP address, purchase hosting software and then develop the platform internally. I don't think search engines would be an issue because public demand would drive the search engines to host it. You are probably right about financial transactions however, it would have to be self funded and you couldn't count on advertising. Even Fox faces the challenges of a limited number of advertisers willing to be associated with their platform. All that would mean a dedicated IT staff, a dedicated staff of developers and then all the administrative staff to support it . I think it would be a giant money pit burning thru millions of dollars each year with little hope of recouping cost thru traditional means.

Last edited by KFWA; 05/07/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 3,127 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,381
Posts18,469,554
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.