Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 41 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 40 41
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Rick, had it not occurred to you that the same dissension from the other thread will simply be imported to here......after all...WE would not carry on like that, now would we. whistle

It is very easy, give them back their forum call it something that encompasses all...and password the bloody thing.
James

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Are people forced to read CATC? No one has ever forced me to look at or respond to any forum on this website.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

(Whether God exists isn't a matter of "whether" � it's fact.)

Okay Ken, I am bored enough to play...........prove it.
James.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
(Whether God exists isn't a matter of "whether" � it's fact.)

Okay Ken, I am bored enough to play...........prove it.

He already has.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The Dog is an interesting character. I love his prayers before the "hunt". If you were a betting man, what denomination would you say he was?

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Wiccan

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With a mullet like you can bet he's not Catholic or Mormon.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Rick, I'd like to think that CATC is the type of forum that God would use to enighten the believer, as well as to provide spiritual light and truth to the non-believer who is seeking, curious about who God is, what the Bible says about various issues concerning points of disagreement and discord, truth, salvation, etc.. Plainly, I see it as a ministry opportunity, as I hope you STILL do. No, I'm not trying to turn this particular forum into another CATC, merely to voice my opinion on your decision to cancel CATC, and this will be the only thread I initiate on this subject, and likely my last post on the matter. I hope that you will prayfully reconsider, pure and simple.

Taking heat very much comes with the territory, and I don't mind when it comes my way, either. I will stand by God's word at all costs, even if I get kicked out as a result or they collectively shout for my head, call me foul names - or whatever smile Paul describes many of the sufferings he endure for the cross of Jesus Christ in 2 Corinthians 11:24-28, and compared to what he endured, any suffering you and I put up with here is trivial.....

"From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils amoung false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness - besides the other things what come upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches."

All that makes our disagreements seem pretty trivial, doesn't it?

AD

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
as well as to provide spiritual light and truth to the non-believer
=================================================================

You guys sure shed some light and truth on the non-believer alright!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
after having slept over this "issue" for a night or two, i'm in complete agreement with the owner of the forum to shut it down.

it's timely. just look at where we are in the process. got republicans of every stripe running for higher office. no sense in making things worse by holding on to ancient conditions.........

let's move forward, and thanks to the forum leader for knocking down the fences and gates that is holding the process back.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Rick, this character has just invited all to call him foul names and to generally take the piss out of him, so he cannot bitch if I or some other should choose to exercise the right conferred by the invitation.
you don't think that is why he got a pizzling on the other forum.....do you !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suggest restraint. grin

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh Okay............if you insist. grin
James.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RickBin
Boss:

If I didn't think you were intelligent enough to know better, I would put aside your comments as the product of an obtuse mind that could not grasp semi-obvious distinctions.

But since I know better, it only stands to reason that your comments are intended to throw gasoline on the fire.

Pedophilia? Abhorrent, repulsive, and I join everyone in hoping that the bastards fry.

Nobody is going to defend that.

But that is not "Catholicism."

And you know it.

You seem to be reasonably intelligent so if you know anyone who was a victim of the cover ups by the �Church� then by all means tell us about it please. Since you are making accusations then I will just tell you how I really feel about the �Hierarchy� of the Catholic Church no I won�t but it suffices to say that it is not favorable. Go back and read what I wrote again please as I was responding to another post and was not condemning Catholics as individuals by ANY MEANS. I have attended Mass more times in my life than a lot of practicing Catholics and yes that in itself is meaningless some of my fondest memories are from the Nuns that would use the ruler to straighten me out show me the right path are also meaningless. I am sure that Sister Rose Marie (Principal at OLV ) is turning in her grave not from what I have typed but what happened to one of her boys! You see I was exposed to some of the best people on the planet during my early school years and the very few people that do what they do and hide it all for the sake of the coffers make me sick.

The point is here that everybody wails and moans about these things do nothing to end it. Think of it this way the tithing you do is helping to pay for those 100 million dollar settlements not to forward the principals that Catholicism is based upon.

All of this is horrible but it is fact so go ahead and cast aspersions about me some more but remember experience is a cruel teacher.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now there three of these topics on the board that need to be locked....Four if you count the Word Association.....It ain't gonna get any better....

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'm finding myself in complete agreement with Bart.

Religous zealousness brings out the worst in folks. Shameful, embarrassing behavior from intelligent men, me thinks.

Management has made a decision and it's time to move on. If something is not nipped in the bud, the religous dogmatism will permeate this forum.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
*checkin' pockets*

ok,.. I found 2 more cents.

To me,.. it's not even a religious situation. Rick Bin is a Catholic. He allows a huge amount of leeway in what get's discussed on *his* forum. (and anybody who looks around the internet knows that that's not real common)

For anybody to take advantage of the freedom of expression that Rick allows on *his* forum by bashing his religion is just plain old low class.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One major problem keeps me from agreeing with a lot of what you say � as I probably would if discussions of Christian facts and truths in such a lay forum were a sm�rg�sbord with all options equally and obviously valid or if the fallacious were always obviously fallacious.

The trouble is that discussions typical of those on CATC cause many to stumble, and inspire and encourage many false beliefs. I've seen this problem occur too many times � on CATC and elsewhere � for the reality and the effects of them to be debatable.

I've seen many sound statements argued in ways that attract many instead to the fallacious opposition to them,
� some times because the proponent of the Biblically sound is incapable of adequately explaining, defending, or supporting a simple, straight-forward statement of it �
� some times because the frivolous, snappy, or otherwise catchy argument of his opponent is somehow more attractive to the others who read it �
� some times because for one reason or another the sound proponent simply gives-up while the fallacious opponent continues �
� and of course some times as a result of more than one of these factors.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Religion is a [bleep] topic for the internet...Simple as that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gatehouse
Religion is a [bleep] topic for the internet...Simple as that.

Dang, some guys can cut right to the chase. grin

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Page 21 of 41 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

301 members (10ring1, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 163bc, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 1,858 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,214
Posts18,503,947
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.