-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a bitch of a time getting Burris Zee rings on to my EGW Picatinny rail. I ordered a set of Vortex rings and solved the problem.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
RR,

Interesting, these will go on an EGW rail, I guess I'll find out.

Thanks again to all.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have had to wedge Zee rings open a bit to get them on the rail many times. Easily accomplished with a screw driver.

It didn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out and I didn't have to call Burris for help and instructions either.

The fact that I had to do that simple act does not diminish my desire to take advantage of the features these rings offer one bit.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
I have had to wedge Zee rings open a bit to get them on the rail many times. Easily accomplished with a screw driver.

It didn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out and I didn't have to call Burris for help and instructions either.

The fact that I had to do that simple act does not diminish my desire to take advantage of the features these rings offer one bit.

One does not call the manufacturer for help because he/she in not a "rocket surgeon".

"Rocket Surgeon"?? What is that anyway? Are you a "rocket surgeon"? Do you preform surgery on rockets? Is that why you are so smart?? Or does being a rocket surgeon just make you a smart azz?

Back on topic. One calls tech support to make sure a combination is going to work "before" you order your components and break open the packaging. Having to return components is frustrating and return shiping is costly in both time and wasted money.

I called to confirm two things:

1. The combination would work together.

2. I wanted to make sure that my ring/base combination would give me the scope/barrel clearance I desired.

I chose Med. Height rings because I like my scope mounted low - as close to the barell as possible - with just enough clearance to allow me to install Butter Creek Flip-up Covers with a small gap between.

It took the tech all of 3 miniutes to comfirm that I had the right base and the correct ring height for my scope. I ordered the scope, the rings, the bases, and the flip-up covers all at the same time. When they arrived, everthing fit perfitly....exactly as I hoped for.

I'm sure that even a "rocket surgeon" would admit that getting it right the first time is better than trial and error. Now.....blast off azz hole.

Last edited by GeorgiaBoy; 05/07/21.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
burris signature zee rings are my goto and yes i've had to "pry" most sets installed on weaver rails just a bit or they were a nogo. just my experience.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

One does not call the manufacturer for help because he/she in not a "rocket surgeon".

"Rocket Surgeon"?? What is that anyway? Are you a "rocket surgeon"? Do you preform surgery on rockets? Is that why you are so smart?? Or does being a rocket surgeon just make you a smart azz?

Back on topic. One calls tech support to make sure a combination is going to work "before" you order your components and break open the packaging. Having to return components is frustrating and return shiping is costly in both time and wasted money.

2. I wanted to make sure that my ring/base combination would give me the scope/barrel clearance I desired.

I chose Med. Height rings because I like my scope mounted low - as close to the barell as possible - with just enough clearance to allow me to install Butter Creek Flip-up Covers with a small gap between.

It took the tech all of 3 miniutes to comfirm that I had the right base and the correct ring height for my scope. I ordered the scope, the rings, the bases, and the flip-up covers all at the same time. When they arrived, everthing fit perfitly....exactly as I hoped for.

I'm sure that even a "rocket surgeon" would admit that getting it right the first time is better than trial and error. Now.....blast off azz hole.

Hopefully they preform (sic) as expected.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Hopefully they preform (sic) as expected.

I hope so too.

I can see that you and I have been on the fire about the same length of time.

In the past, it usually took about 25 replies before egos set in and the original topic got siderailed.

In the past several years, topics go South pretty quick. That's what happened with this thread...and for my part...I offer my appoligies to the OP.

I hope Son of the Gael got the information he needed.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Love Burris rings. What I learned is that I'm going to stick with dual dovetails. All this pic/weaver stuff is too complicated.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

You never once mentioned having a problem with sliding the rings on the base. Not sure why you got sideways as this didn't even pertain to you.

But many in the RC links did and lit the wires up with emails and calls to Burris about burrs and tolerances and whatnot.

I described my experiences and how to address the issue of the ring that may slide (or may not?) on a Picatinny rail but not a Weaver style for the OP.

And it doesn't sound like I'm the only one that figured this out, as several other posters have had the same problem, and solved it the same way.

Doing this may save in time, frustration, and returns, etc.

Blast off azzhole? And you wonder how threads get derailed. Wow.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Just installed a set on an EGW rail. Lightly opened the clamp with flathead, slid rings on, and cranked them down. Not a big deal 🙄

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Had many a customer complain about Zee rings not fitting Weaver bases out of the package.

Some were cool w the explanation of possibly needing a tweak. Some were not.

Good rings, no big deal.

Only real b*tch from me is they aint made in USA no mo.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/07/21.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Only seen one bad machined Zee ring and it was an old USA made one. Also saw a mismachined Ruger ring
and a Weaver base.

Out of a LOT of scope installs

I check everything w a rod before ever placing a scope.

The bad rings were found out after people brought rigs in with issues ( installed themselves ).

Scopes worked for a while, before taking a chit. That was pretty amazing considering the misalignment

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Since Pic rails are machined and Weaver are from extrusions.....maybe pic rails observe tighter tolerances and make for less tweak of Zee rings.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/07/21.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Those EGW rails are all too long in my opinion, so if someone is stumped by installing a Zee ring, they are going to really be stumped cutting the EGW rail to fit, haha

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Leupold makes a one-piece rail that does not extend foward of the face of the receiver. It is their "Back Country Line". The issue is, and I think the OP may have alluded to this, is how high will the dottom of the ring be from the top of the receiver with the rings mounted.

When I was pairing my rings and bases together, the EGW Heavy Duty Rail was the lowest...lower than their standard duty base.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ok "rocket surgeon."

If you followed the whole thread, you would have seen where reference was made to info being in the literature (instructions) that was not there. And links to information striaght from the manucturer were provided to make design features clear. This was all done to help the OP follow the leads to help him make an intelligent decision about his planned purchase.

It was this condesending comment: "It didn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out and I didn't have to call Burris for help and instructions either." That earned you the title of azz hole.

But, you do like the rings as do I and all that replied. That is the take away. The Signature ZEE Ring is my go to ring as well.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by hookeye
Since Pic rails are machined and Weaver are from extrusions.....maybe pic rails observe tighter tolerances and make for less tweak of Zee rings.

Here is the probem hookeye. You give your opinion without detail...and you expect it to be taken as fact.

Do a search for the following product...the Leupold Quick Release Weaver Style Two Piece Base. Optics Planet has a pretty clear description/spec sheet.

Leupold Quick Release Weaver Style Two Piece Base, Remington 700, Matte Black 49841

I provided you the model # for Remington 700 actions - but the action does not matter - the construction of the base is the same.

The bases are steel - and they are machined to close tolerances.

Weaver Bases manufactured by Weaver may be extruded alu.

But not all bases manufactured with a Weaver-Style Cross Slot are manufactured by Weaver.

The Leupold bases I referenced have the Weaver Cross-Slot cut AND everyone that I have used matted with the ZEE Ring perfectly. If some have had to tweek them to fit, so be it, not a problem, I have not, no big deal.

We all have opinions and we all have diverise experiances. But not all opinions are correct. Including yours!

You come off as the oracal of exact information. I have provided you links, product instructions/descriptions/specifications, etcetera to show that you are not.

I doubt you will admitt that do not hold the total sum of all knowledge of all things related to scope mounting products and proceedures.

But when you give your opinion - at least acknowledge - an opinion is ALL it is.

GB

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Love Burris rings. What I learned is that I'm going to stick with dual dovetails. All this pic/weaver stuff is too complicated.

It really is not complicated at all, I also have the signature dual dovetail on several rifles but prefer the signature Zee rings when possible. ignore the ongoing pissing contest and try some.........you don't like them PM me and I'LL buy them from you

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by JGRaider

It really is not complicated at all, I also have the signature dual dovetail on several rifles but prefer the signature Zee rings when possible. ignore the ongoing pissing contest and try some.........you don't like them PM me and I'LL buy them from you

Lighten up Francis, I was joking.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Ok "rocket surgeon."

If you followed the whole thread, you would have seen where reference was made to info being in the literature (instructions) that was not there. And links to information striaght from the manucturer were provided to make design features clear. This was all done to help the OP follow the leads to help him make an intelligent decision about his planned purchase.

It was this condesending comment: "It didn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out and I didn't have to call Burris for help and instructions either." That earned you the title of azz hole.

But, you do like the rings as do I and all that replied. That is the take away. The Signature ZEE Ring is my go to ring as well.

If YOU followed the whole thread, dipshidt, and actually read the links that hookeye provided, on Rimfire Central, (that is the RC in my post) you might have a clue as to what i was talking about. Instead you think everything is about YOU!

The only person that is condesending and confrontational in this thread is YOU both to hookeye and myself.

Did you miss your nappy time and pissed at the world today?

You sound exactly like that Elkslayer character, spewing a load of crap and having to get the last word in every time to justify your waste of oxygen.
So much so I am sure you guys are one and the same, sock puppets!

Take a Valium, do a couple shots, chill out and GFY you POS name calling low life.

OK last word guy, have at it. It's all about you.

My apologies OP, hope you can get some helpful info out of your post, in spite of this guy.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 2500HD, 222ND, 257 roberts, 68 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,692
Posts18,534,541
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.