Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Anybody here own one of have experience with them? I've 2 neighbors, one has a 55 hp a couple years old, other just bought a 58 hp. I'm looking at either the 6158 or the 6168. So far the neighbor that has had his for awhile is happy enough. Only one issue and that some something with the regen BS but was covered by warrantee. Wife wants a cab, but it's about 5k cheaper without, and I honestly prefer an open cab. Benefits to both. Anyways, any input from posters with experience on or with them would be appreciated.

Thanks

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No LS experience. But I’d only want a cab if I were in the field all day long. Dinky utility tractor I want visibility, nimbleness, and ability to hear around me.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The only reason not to buy a cab tractor is money. I keep hoping Kubota will put a cab on their big diesel zero turn mower.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Cheesy
No LS experience. But I’d only want a cab if I were in the field all day long. Dinky utility tractor I want visibility, nimbleness, and ability to hear around me.

haha 58-68 horse isn't dinky to me, but I can see how if your used to driving million dollar 1000 hp houses on wheels they'd seem that way. smile

I grew up driving old tractors, and it was hammered into me from childhood to pay attention, listen, and feel. Can't do that with a cab. I'm just going to be pushing snow, moving logs and roundbales around and whatever else comes up. Not farming.

If I were still in Havre I'd put a cab on to be honest. I've been dangerously cold a couple times pushing snow with my old case.

Buut, the cab does provide a bit of protection if a chain pops dragging a log out, and they offer different control options with it too. But honestly, I don't need the heat or AC where I am now, and it's just more shidt to break really.

Didn't really mean to go down the rabbit trail of open vs cab, but hell i'm open to anything.

almost

MAGA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Dang.

I was gonna say something....then I read "almost".

I am MAGA.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
How much cheaper is an LS than a New Holland (apples to apples) in same size tractor?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BobBrown
How much cheaper is an LS than a New Holland (apples to apples) in same size tractor?

Good question. Didn't realize there was a New Holland dealer here, but I see there is. Quick bit of google-fu seems they might be close. Both neighbors bought their tractors from an outfit in AR that even with shipping beat local price enough to add implements.

I'm not married to any brand. But I can't afford a Deere, or a Kubota, and I haven' the time or experience to work on an older model that is going to give me fits. Thus I'm shoehorned into a new or newish model from someone with support local.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Good question. Didn't realize there was a New Holland dealer here, but I see there is. Quick bit of google-fu seems they might be close. Both neighbors bought their tractors from an outfit in AR that even with shipping beat local price enough to add implements.

I'm not married to any brand. But I can't afford a Deere, or a Kubota, and I haven' the time or experience to work on an older model that is going to give me fits. Thus I'm shoehorned into a new or newish model from someone with support local.

I'd go with the dealer that gave me the best vibe. The dealer was my deciding factor, and that has already paid off for me.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Dealer support.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

New Holland compact tractors are made by LS.

Go with the best dealer.

My NH dealer says the Workmaster tractors are okay for hobby farm use, but didn't think they be a fit for me as hard and as many hours as I use a tractor.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Go with the best dealer.

My NH dealer says the Workmaster tractors are okay for hobby farm use, but didn't think they be a fit for me as hard and as many hours as I use a tractor.

It'll come down to price for comparable models. I'll talk to the NH dealer monday, and see where they are at. I'm looking at pretty low hours, but when I use it, it'll be used. If that makes sense. What I've read elsewhere online is just by LS and use the savings to buy implements.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Go with the best dealer.

Yep, but the size he is looking for is a "utility" tractor. I am pretty sure LS and NH part ways above the boomer level. It's been a while since I did my research though.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Yep, but the size he is looking for is a "utility" tractor. I am pretty sure LS and NH part ways above the boomer level. It's been a while since I did my research though.

They list a 60 horse Workmaster that size wise would be right at what i"m looking for.

Fugking things cost as much as a used pickup.

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How easy is it to switch attachments on LS tractors? I'd like a small tractor for the house with a snowblower and back hoe attachment and a bucket of course. Gets old bringing the mini excavator or the Massey with bucket/snowblower from the property when I need it. Unfortunately price is an issue.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
How easy is it to switch attachments on LS tractors? I'd like a small tractor for the house with a snowblower and back hoe attachment and a bucket of course. Gets old bringing the mini excavator or the Massey with bucket/snowblower from the property when I need it. Unfortunately price is an issue.

I haven't done it myself, but neighbor switches between the snowblower, forks, and grapple himself. He's spry but in his 70's. He did have the dealer add a pto mid body, and the aux hydraulics up front to be able to mount the blower up front. I'm skipping the snowblower for now, but will have the aux hydraulics put on to run the grapple.

MAGA
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

No regen or DEF onna Mahindra.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks billygoat. LS dealer about 25 miles away. I may just go check them out

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Anybody here own one of have experience with them? I've 2 neighbors, one has a 55 hp a couple years old, other just bought a 58 hp. I'm looking at either the 6158 or the 6168. So far the neighbor that has had his for awhile is happy enough. Only one issue and that some something with the regen BS but was covered by warrantee. Wife wants a cab, but it's about 5k cheaper without, and I honestly prefer an open cab. Benefits to both. Anyways, any input from posters with experience on or with them would be appreciated.

Thanks

Get the cab, you'll be glad you did

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cabs are for puzzies...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not much into cabs myself. They have their place but...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

257 members (12344mag, 160user, 21, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 1,686 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,452
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.