Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
My 6th grade (1968-69) teacher, Mr. Coyle, was also the principal. Coolest guy ever! He had been an F-101 Voodoo pilot in the early 60's. I remember him showing us slides of his air base in Tripoli, and of his trip to Pompeii.

Had at least a dozen snakes in our classroom, each in it's own terrarium. We were encouraged to handle them and feed them live mice, and we all learned not to fear them (well, all except for one girl who'd run out of the classroom at feeding time. LOL!). He left a lasting impression on me.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Shoot - how could I have missed JakeBlues.

Coolest cat in 3rd grade, and the only kid ever known to wear a fedora. His dad would drop him off in his 1974 Monaco.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
4th grade... there were about 6 houses on the 1/4 mile dirt road we lived on, bus stop was where it met the main road, you could see the bus coming a long ways off and whoever was there yelled... the bus is coming... and the other kids would hurry up.

I had morning chores, always woke up early, milked the cow, bottle fed the calves, horses, chickens, rabbits.

One cold morning I woke up late, threw on my pants, shoes, old coat and ran out in a rush. Just getting done the kids yell... bus is coming... I run in the house and grab my stuff and run down the road, bus waiting for me. On the bus I realize I have no socks on.

Get to school in my dirty chores pants and go to take my coat off... I have no shirt on. I'm sitting there trying to be invisible and the teacher tells me to take my coat off. I have to admit I don't have a shirt on. She sends me to the principle and he calls my dad, who has to leave is job and come get me, take me home and got the belt.

In 6th grade I was elected class representative and then all the representatives had a meeting and I was elected school president... we never had another meeting or event the rest of the year... my 15 minutes was 15 seconds...

My school was an old 2 story and I believe the first elementary school in Mesa, it was right downtown on Main and eventually the property sold to commercial developers and a new school built in a different location. I grew up with and knew all the old time farmer's kids, I hunted doves on their properties, we hunted and fished, gigged frogs.

The real oldtimers were funny as hell and really cool to us kids. They had gone to the same school as kids and they told of Buck Owens. His family came west with the grapes of wrath, poorer than poor and they broke down on the way to California. They were taken in on a farm. The kids would come to school, no shoes, dirt poor... but they were always well behaved and polite, never a bit of trouble, never a bad word could be said of Buck and his siblings.

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn't blossom til H.S. Got kicked out 7 times second semester of my junior year.
George

Dad always said, "Nadie Nacio Ensenado" (No One Was Born Taught)
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
The weak-minded and deficient in intellectual prowess love to ridicule others that don’t fit into their social club of overgrown adolescents. True in 3rd grade; true now with the same kids that have become “adults”

At least you recognize that we're adults......

He didn’t say you, Toby!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by krp
4th grade... there were about 6 houses on the 1/4 mile dirt road we lived on, bus stop was where it met the main road, you could see the bus coming a long ways off and whoever was there yelled... the bus is coming... and the other kids would hurry up.

I had morning chores, always woke up early, milked the cow, bottle fed the calves, horses, chickens, rabbits.

One cold morning I woke up late, threw on my pants, shoes, old coat and ran out in a rush. Just getting done the kids yell... bus is coming... I run in the house and grab my stuff and run down the road, bus waiting for me. On the bus I realize I have no socks on.

Get to school in my dirty chores pants and go to take my coat off... I have no shirt on. I'm sitting there trying to be invisible and the teacher tells me to take my coat off. I have to admit I don't have a shirt on. She sends me to the principle and he calls my dad, who has to leave is job and come get me, take me home and got the belt.

In 6th grade I was elected class representative and then all the representatives had a meeting and I was elected school president... we never had another meeting or event the rest of the year... my 15 minutes was 15 seconds...

My school was an old 2 story and I believe the first elementary school in Mesa, it was right downtown on Main and eventually the property sold to commercial developers and a new school built in a different location. I grew up with and knew all the old time farmer's kids, I hunted doves on their properties, we hunted and fished, gigged frogs.

The real oldtimers were funny as hell and really cool to us kids. They had gone to the same school as kids and they told of Buck Owens. His family came west with the grapes of wrath, poorer than poor and they broke down on the way to California. They were taken in on a farm. The kids would come to school, no shoes, dirt poor... but they were always well behaved and polite, never a bit of trouble, never a bad word could be said of Buck and his siblings.

Kent

Thanks Kent.
Great story.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Ok, fine...3rd grade.

Mrs. Sexton’s class.

Got tossed to the vice principal office for calling her Mrs. Sexy

Should’ve called her a whore.
🦫

Why did Roger bang her?

Doubt it....Mrs. Sexton was older than 18.

LOL

🦫

You got it all wrong Roger banged her, then both her daughters, and her husband thanked him for it.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 05/08/21.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Tide Change;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day was as nice down in Oregon as it was up here today and that all in your world are well.

I see you're in Oregon and will comment first that we've been down as far as Florence on the coast a couple times and we always were treated very well by the folks there.

Thanks for the kind thoughts about my behavior in Grade 3, I appreciate that and actually that likely wasn't too, too far off who I've always been.

It's funny that I don't remember much about grade school in specific, other than I can see most of the teacher's faces if I think about it, but those early school years are a bit of a blur to me.

What I do recall was that when I'd get home from school, once the chores were done I could go hunting and did pretty much every day that weather allowed.

As far back as I can remember, I loved to be out in the sticks hunting and couldn't wait until I'd be old enough to accompany my father on his annual moose hunt with my uncle up into "the bush".

By the date I'm 3 in that photo - not grade 3

[Linked Image]

Though I didn't shoot this coyote, apparently I insisted getting my photo taken with it - again unable to wait for the day when I'd be old enough to take game bigger than small birds and gophers.

I'm thinking I'm maybe 5 in this photo, so closer to the age you've talked about. I'd shot a rabbit by then, but no photos of it were taken or at least found.

[Linked Image]

We hunted birds madly from about grade 4 onward, so grouse and ducks during season and yard pests and gophers too the rest of the year.

I'm cognizant I'm on either side of grade 3 with my photos here, but the first large game was when I was 13, so grade 8 for me as I graduated at 17.

This is in Kenya in 1975, just off the Rift Valley in what I recall was called the Masai Mara. It's a pretty long story how it was we got there, then, not all of it good, but that's life truly is it not?

[Linked Image]

Again sir, thanks for the kind thoughts as to who I was, I do appreciate it. Thanks for letting my mind wander down the trails of some pleasant memories as well. I'll skip the ones that aren't today, you know? wink

All the best down there in Oregon and stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Ok, fine...3rd grade.

Mrs. Sexton’s class.

Got tossed to the vice principal office for calling her Mrs. Sexy

Should’ve called her a whore.
🦫

Why did Roger bang her?

Doubt it....Mrs. Sexton was older than 18.

LOL

🦫

You got it all wrong Roger banged her, then both her daughters, and her husband thanked him for it.

Not only did he thank him; he wrote Rog into the dang will!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
4th grade I remember climbing up to look in the girls restroom window and got caught.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All my finest moments worthy of knee slapping laughter typically involved flatulence......which could never fit well in any thread on this forum.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Tide Change;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day was as nice down in Oregon as it was up here today and that all in your world are well.

I see you're in Oregon and will comment first that we've been down as far as Florence on the coast a couple times and we always were treated very well by the folks there.

Thanks for the kind thoughts about my behavior in Grade 3, I appreciate that and actually that likely wasn't too, too far off who I've always been.

It's funny that I don't remember much about grade school in specific, other than I can see most of the teacher's faces if I think about it, but those early school years are a bit of a blur to me.

What I do recall was that when I'd get home from school, once the chores were done I could go hunting and did pretty much every day that weather allowed.

As far back as I can remember, I loved to be out in the sticks hunting and couldn't wait until I'd be old enough to accompany my father on his annual moose hunt with my uncle up into "the bush".

By the date I'm 3 in that photo - not grade 3

[Linked Image]

Though I didn't shoot this coyote, apparently I insisted getting my photo taken with it - again unable to wait for the day when I'd be old enough to take game bigger than small birds and gophers.

I'm thinking I'm maybe 5 in this photo, so closer to the age you've talked about. I'd shot a rabbit by then, but no photos of it were taken or at least found.

[Linked Image]

We hunted birds madly from about grade 4 onward, so grouse and ducks during season and yard pests and gophers too the rest of the year.

I'm cognizant I'm on either side of grade 3 with my photos here, but the first large game was when I was 13, so grade 8 for me as I graduated at 17.

This is in Kenya in 1975, just off the Rift Valley in what I recall was called the Masai Mara. It's a pretty long story how it was we got there, then, not all of it good, but that's life truly is it not?

[Linked Image]

Again sir, thanks for the kind thoughts as to who I was, I do appreciate it. Thanks for letting my mind wander down the trails of some pleasant memories as well. I'll skip the ones that aren't today, you know? wink

All the best down there in Oregon and stay well.

Dwayne

Cool pictures. Africa must have been a dream come true for you as a kid that loved to hunt. You look like we’re keeping a close on that coyote like it might not quite be dead.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
TheLastLemming76;
Good evening sir, I trust the day went more than less according to plan for you and that all who matter to you are well.

Thanks for the comment, I do appear to be somewhat dubious of the coyote's true state don't I? wink

Africa, or more specifically Kenya in 1975 was amazing and in very many ways a dream come true for sure.

It was an eye opening experience as well as Jomo Kenyatta was still president then and it was my first experience being a distinct minority as well as not feeling entirely secure - if that makes sense?

That said, those were the days of the Red Brigade in Italy and the Baader Meinhof Gang in Germany, so seeing airport security toting Beretta SMGs and H&K MP5's was new to me as well.

The hunting part of the journey was 3 days in the bush and it was amazing to say the least and will stay with me as long as my faculties function.

All the best and thanks again sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston
Fireballz... most likely to have his sister's favorite doll's head in his lunchbox.

I'm two big tumblers into a bottle of 8 Seconds so naturally I have no clue what this means. But, I really don't care so back at ya Kingston! LOL

LOL
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by kingston
Fireballz... most likely to have his sister's favorite doll's head in his lunchbox.

I'm two big tumblers into a bottle of 8 Seconds so naturally I have no clue what this means. But, I really don't care so back at ya Kingston! LOL

Big kghunt lol

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Tide_Change...most likely to need attention.

Nailed it.

Roy is that you ? LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by lochsa
Kingston, most likely to have a stack of National Geographic mags under his bed

Cuz he liked them bleck natives with random nudity pics

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
The weak-minded and deficient in intellectual prowess love to ridicule others that don’t fit into their social club of overgrown adolescents. True in 3rd grade; true now with the same kids that have become “adults”

Fugking truth

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Bob.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Brown.

LOL
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (219DW, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 70 invisible), 2,976 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,677
Posts18,534,241
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.