Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Most of these guys rabidly defend their stance as Christians.

Yet, despite the command "Thou shall have no other gods before me". They persue their anti-vaxxer agenda with religious fervor.

Just like any other religion, facts to the contrary are simply heresies to be ignored.

What kind of "ferver" do you vaxxer's use to push your narrative? Bow to Biden and his corrupt cronies like Fauci?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yet, despite the command "Thou shall have no other gods before me". They persue their anti-vaxxer agenda with religious fervor.

Just like any other religion, facts to the contrary are simply heresies to be ignored.

+1. Those of us who lost otherwise perfectly healthy people to C-19 know the devastation, as random as it may be.
Was it enough to justify all that has happened? No, I don't believe so. But regardless, many were/are deeply affected by loss of loved ones and virus long haulers. It is a serious disease, 'flu' wouldn't be wiping out India right now.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by goalie

Hey, everyone needs to do the risk-reward math for themselves.

I just have a HUGE issue with them pushing this shiit on kids, who are at VERY low risk from covid-19.

It begs the question though: do you actually understand that covid-19 is a virus like the common cold, and there's no way it's going away????

First, the common cold is not "a virus". It is a multitude of different viruses, each with similar symptoms upon infection. A vaccine would have to be developed against each separate virus.

Many, many viruses have been nearly or completely eliminated across the developed world by vaccination.

Even though it is widely recognized that the Covid has mutated into several varieties. Each of those varieties still has the S spike protein which is targeted by the most popular Covid vaccines.

The more the Covid disease is allowed to spread and propagate within the population, the more likely that further mutations will occur. The only way to stop mutations of the virus, is to stop transmission and replication of the virus.

The vaccines are well proven to stop transmission, in 95% of recipients.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ironic.

Both sides have the same ideological zeal.
Closed minded, entrenched, no way they could possibly be slightly wrong.

Reading this, I actually got confused which side some are on.
Their posts were ideological, not factual enough to decide which
way they swing.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I just have a HUGE issue with them pushing this shiit on kids, who are at VERY low risk from covid-19.

It begs the question though: do you actually understand that covid-19 is a virus like the common cold, and there's no way it's going away????

First, the common cold is not "a virus". It is a multitude of different viruses, each with similar symptoms upon infection. A vaccine would have to be developed against each separate virus.

Many, many viruses have been nearly or completely eliminated across the developed world by vaccination.

Even though it is widely recognized that the Covid has mutated into several varieties. Each of those varieties still has the S spike protein which is targeted by the most popular Covid vaccines.

The more the Covid disease is allowed to spread and propagate within the population, the more likely that further mutations will occur. The only way to stop mutations of the virus, is to stop transmission and replication of the virus.

Covid-19 is a coronavirus, the same type as the common cold.

You are not getting rid of it, and people need to realize that and go on with life, not cower in fear while getting "booster" immunization shots every few months.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Hunh?

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Coming from a science guy on the front lines of covid. Every healthcare worker I know has the same response from the beginning

You are not getting rid of it, and people need to realize that and go on with life, not cower in fear while getting "booster" immunization shots every few months.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Hunh?

The refusal to accept liberal talking point propaganda as "science", is denying facts, to a moron like I_poofer.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by rickt300

What kind of "ferver" do you vaxxer's use to push your narrative? Bow to Biden and his corrupt cronies like Fauci?

The same "fervor" that I used to get my entire family vaccinated against Tetanus after we all touched and handled a horse to get him loaded into the trailer. And then that horse died the next day from Tetanus.

I have no problem with people who wish for some religious or other moral reason to not take this or any other vaccination.

We have a large local community of "Followers of Christ" who abhor any medical intervention. They believe it is a sin for Man to circumvent God's Will.

There is a local cemetery filled with the graves of infants, toddlers, children, teenagers and young adults who died from maladies easily cured by modern medicine. I went through school with one male who died in his late teens from appendicitis. Another young man, a close neighbor and workmate, father of two, laid in his bed for over eight weeks and eventually died of peritonitis from a gut issue which could have been easily repaired.

Hell when TEOTWAWKI comes, this group may be the only ones tough enough to stand against the plagues and starvation.

But these people are making informed decisions. They well know the consequences of their decisions.

What I object to concerning the Covid vaccine discussion is the propagation of half truths, gross exaggerations, and outright lies concerning the efficacy and immediate side effects of the vaccine.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ironbender

And that’s why, like all health care decision, whether or not to receive the ronavax should remain a personal decision.

Yep. Take the vaccine or don't take it, I don't care. Read sources you trust and make your own choice of whether you want it or not. The ones wearing thin are the zealots on both sides who are spouting BS repeatedly. One particularly annoying tactic of the left is that "you're selfish if you don't take the vaccine" or those not vaccinated are somehow endangering others and need to be locked out of society. That's garbage, if you're afraid of Covid then get vaccinated, live in a bubble, or both, it's not someone else's responsibility to protect your health. The idea of a vaccine passport needs to be squashed right now or it's going to get a foothold and leftists are going to demand compliance documents for all their pet issues, not just this vaccine.

Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Ironic.

Yep. There's more than ample stupidity going around on both sides of this issue and they all seem to think if they should enough made up pseudoscience loud enough then everybody will magically fall in line. There's plenty evidence of that on the anti-vax threads here.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

SARS-CoV-1 seems to be pretty well eliminated. So does MERS-CoV. We managed that through quarantine and isolation. Why should we not be able to also eradicate SARS-Cov-2 since we now have the additional tool of the vaccine?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

And that’s why, like all health care decision, whether or not to receive the ronavax should remain a personal decision.

Yep. Take the vaccine or don't take it, I don't care. Read sources you trust and make your own choice of whether you want it or not. The ones wearing thin are the zealots on both sides who are spouting BS repeatedly. One particularly annoying tactic of the left is that "you're selfish if you don't take the vaccine" or those not vaccinated are somehow endangering others and need to be locked out of society. That's garbage, if you're afraid of Covid then get vaccinated, live in a bubble, or both, it's not someone else's responsibility to protect your health. The idea of a vaccine passport needs to be squashed right now or it's going to get a foothold and leftists are going to demand compliance documents for all their pet issues, not just this vaccine.

Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Ironic.

Yep. There's more than ample stupidity going around on both sides of this issue and they all seem to think if they should enough made up pseudoscience loud enough then everybody will magically fall in line.

Well, considering that the CDC lied about masks because they were worried about being caught without enough for health care workers, and that CDC and local .gov officials have implemented ridiculous measures to "fight" covid (WalMart is safe, but not church etc...) is it surprising that there is a lack of trust?

Then add in the billions of dollars in fines paid by the companies making vaccines for falsifying trial data in the past.

Pretty soon, people start getting paranoid.

In the end, the main reason to avoid getting one of these vaccines isn't because there's any data that shows they are dangerous, but because there isn't any data showing that they're safe.

mRNA tech isn't new, and there are reasons why it isn't in widespread use. It may very well be effective at reducing severity of symptoms and transmission rates, but it may also create long-term immune system issues.

With the treatments we have, and data we have, IMO, the idea of injecting anyone under 50 that isn't high risk seems very suspect.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

SARS-CoV-1 seems to be pretty well eliminated. So does MERS-CoV. We managed that through quarantine and isolation. Why should we not be able to also eradicate SARS-Cov-2 since we now have the additional tool of the vaccine?

Logic time:. Remember when we shut everything down to get rid of SARS and MERS????

Oh, wait, we didn't......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Go girl

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

In the end, the main reason to avoid getting one of these vaccines isn't because there's any data that shows they are dangerous, but because there isn't any data showing that they're safe.

Then you’ve made up your mind not to take it. Good, that’s your choice. FWIW I haven’t taken it either.

Everybody has to decide if the risks outweigh the rewards. In my case I’ve had Covid and after discussing it with my doctor two days ago I’ve decided the natural immunity is probably good enough for now. If I hadn’t already had Covid I’d probably get vaccinated.

The argument that you can’t prove they’re safe doesn’t wash though. You’re asking for a guarantee that’s impossible to reach. Toyota can’t prove my truck is safe either, all you can do is establish a reasonable expectation and go with it. I’ve known four people that have died of Covid, that’s enough for me to say that the risks from the disease outweigh concerns over the safety of the shots. That argument sounds a lot like the anti gunner argument that if you can’t guarantee no one will use a gun for criminal purposes then we should outlaw all guns. Ideologically it’s the same argument and it’s BS in either case, no one can guarantee your complete safety.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

For the first time in a year Israel has had no COVID-19 deaths this week. They have lost 6,346 people in the last year.

Out of a population of 7 Million they have Vaccinated 5 million so far. In a few weeks they will start vaccinating 12-15 year olds.

The risk of illness from the virus has dropped 95.8% for those who took both doses.

You do realize that these vaccines could be effective and have horrible long term side effects, right?

They're not mutually exclusive

And there is the voice of reason.

Yes it is possible that some delayed effects might show up. I am willing to take the risk.

It is possible a semi truck might cross the center line and kill me deader than hell any time I take the truck onto the road. Yet, I drive into work every day and come home again. I drive to town for groceries and household needs.

I am willing to take the risk.

Sounds good in theory, until a stranger on the Internet, who you’ll never meet in person, has no medical training or education beyond what they learned on Google, believes only what they read that aligns with their feelings, suggests you do otherwise.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
We will never know the truth.

I had it, it wasn’t bad for me. I had/have antibodies.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

For the first time in a year Israel has had no COVID-19 deaths this week. They have lost 6,346 people in the last year.

Out of a population of 7 Million they have Vaccinated 5 million so far. In a few weeks they will start vaccinating 12-15 year olds.

The risk of illness from the virus has dropped 95.8% for those who took both doses.

And the risk for kids is like 0.0001% in the first place?

I hope all you scum play Russian Roulette with the dimocommie gun.

Your buds in the MSM push that and open borders. Please explain the benefit of taking in immigrants with your dreaded Chinese flu and drug resistant TB.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by viking
We will never know the truth.

I had it, it wasn’t bad for me. I had/have antibodies.

Well, well you could still get contaminated from someone and give it to some innocent. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
What about other countries?

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (300_savage, 1minute, 2five7, 2ndwind, 264mag, 17CalFan, 20 invisible), 1,975 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,859
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.