Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 41 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 40 41
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bart185
Now there three of these topics on the board that need to be locked....Four if you count the Word Association.....It ain't gonna get any better....

+1

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've heard it said that if you're not baptized by total emersion then you cannot enter the kingdom.

"....Sorry Pal, you were righteous and God-fearing and accepted Jesus as your Saviour and all of that, but there's this total immersion clause...."

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm glad CATC was deleted. People that, "constantly" claim Christ as their Savior as a whole are the most judgemental, unforgiving, and least neighborly people I know.

I'm not talking the people that quietly walk the talk and answer religious questions succinctly and plainly when asked. I'm talking the ones that think, that force feeding their version of spirituality on you, is what you want and need, regardless of your desires or inclinations.

I will take someone, that is a Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, Baptist, Mormon etc. any day over the born again, I've been saved, and all religions are cults and run by Satan people, that so often seem to congregate at something like CATC.

I have a very deep faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, but I hardly ever visited CATC because of the bashing and negativity that ran rampant.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by NH K9
Not sure why Roman Catholics, or anybody else, needs to explain the tenets of their faith to anybody. Seems to me to be pretty presumptive on the part of those asking for the explanation.

George

Is not friendly curiosity reason enough? I have my FAITH and and I am very comfortable with my walk with Him. However I know others who are just as devout( or more so) in their own beliefs( some of them are very differnet from mine), how else am I to understand the differences we have( and clear up my own potential misconceptions) if I don't ask questions? I am not saying an attack is ok ( it never is in these discussions) but what is wrong with asking honest questions to try to gain clairity? Is that "bashing" or being judgemental in some way ? If the individual being asked does not want to answer that is fine, we can still be friendly an polite to each other can't we?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the individual being asked does not want to answer that is fine, we can still be friendly an polite to each other can't we?

There was a time I not only thought so, but fully expected it.

Sadly, that turned out not to be a reasonable expectation.

Go figure.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
After wandering through many of the forums here it was great to read the experiences of so many in God's creation. The journey so many have taken and the view of it through their eyes, tended to put a smile on my heart and an OH YEAH on my lips.

These adventures by others have been part of a renewal of my faith and a yearning to live it through my daily life.

Then I would adventure down to the CATC and go What the He??....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Having never posted in CATC I only ask this question because it's intriguing to me. I honestly ask it without knowing the faith and denomination of most all posters.

How would those that support the removal of CATC fall in the below categories?

1 � non believers
2 � Catholics
3 � believers other than Catholics

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a very deep faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, but I hardly ever visited CATC because of the bashing and negativity that ran rampant.

Same here.

What would Jesus do? I really don�t know. I�m not nearly as versed in scriptures as I should be but I do remember that Jesus physically destroyed temples with his own hands due to the blasphemy that abound.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I do remember that Jesus physically destroyed temples with his own hands do to the blasphemy that abound.
The way I remember the story He overturned the tables of the money changers and drove them out of the temple. The people who came to sacrifice had to change their regular money into temple money to buy the temple approved animal to sacrifice at much profit to those in the money changing business and the temple leaders. The Lord took a dim view of that, it seems. A few years after His death the Romans destroyed the temple leaving no stone on top of another fulfilling His prophesy.

I'm hoping that wasn't judgemental, unforgiving or un-neighborly. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You are right Rick.

24hourcampfire is not censored. Heck I am living proof grin

As for there being any "diabolical side to this". Well that is just foolish. Oh man there I go again! eek

I have only seen one person banned from 24hourcampfire in all my time here. Heck even people that don't think Smallmouth bass are number 1 get a say. That is crazy but I don't make the rules!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The way I remember the story He overturned the tables of the money changers and drove them out of the temple.

Thats the way I remember it too. I tend to exaggerate. grin

Wasn't that just after he'd cursed the fig tree for not baring fruit?

I guess Rick doesn't feel like driving them out or cursing them?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One sect's blasphemy is often another's dogma.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm hoping that wasn't judgemental, unforgiving or un-neighborly.

That's why Jesus always spoke in parables and made it a habit to answer a question with a question. Folks sure can put a spin on a passage.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickBin
Allen:

I very much appreciate your post. I have read it once, and will read it carefully again and contemplate.

Please note: Many of the sentiments behind the origination of the CATC were what inspired me to create it years ago. It didn't just appear from out of the ether.

Also, some of you must understand the behind-the-scenes angst and inner turmoil much of the content of CATC caused me ... again, for years.

I did not come to this decision lightly.

1] Anyone who has interpreted my actions as a personal or denominational slight is adding their own slant to the issue. The fact remains that I nuked CATC because I was tired of the anti-Catholicism. End of story.

If some of you feel that that is an arbitrary or capricious indulgement on my part, then I truly apologize.

Again: I will not sponsor anti-Catholic bigotry on a forum on which I have the power to avoid it. I'm not talking one post, or one thread. I'm talking years of pervasive anti-Catholicism. I challenge anybody here to have refrained from interceding for almost three years were their own denomination pervasively maligned.

2] This is a hunting and shooting forum, and Jesus has blessed it. If some of you knew the background and the road that led me to create 24hourcampfire in 1999 and 2000, you'd undoubtedly agree. That is the primary reason I created CATC ... to allow Christians of ALL denominations to fellowship.

Unfortunately, that is not what panned out. As the [bleep] now swirling demonstrate, and as I finally accepted, an interdenominational open forum is a flame war waiting to happen.

You have all seen what types of flames accompany caliber discussions and optics discussions, etc. As irrational as things get there, when somebody's religious beliefs are involved, things are ratcheted up to new levels.

We have three choices here:

a] Open forum. Doesn't work.

b] Moderated forum. Yeah right. See Sanlen's, (the guy who has NEVER had a post pulled, changed, or otherwise affected) gratuitous gripe about censorship, complete with borderline attacks on my character. Suuuuuure this one is viable.

c] No forum. Seems to win by elimination.

The truth is, CATC was a wonderful, inspired concept in theory.

In practice, it simply did not work.

rb(quote)

Rick,
Very well said, everything doesn't have to be about religion. I understand that to some people everything is about their faith, all the power to them. It is not an evil act for this forum NOT to be about religion.

Martin

Last edited by martinbns; 08/14/07.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My comments are at the bottom of the quote, not sure why it didn't appear separately.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Well then Steve do you see the irony of catholics getting all worked up when some MEMBERS of other Churchs say "bashing" things about them while the world wide LEADER of the Catholic Church is saying everybody that isn't catholic is going to Hell? I sure do.

I will do the best that I can to serve my Lord during my life; God will sort out who is going to heaven and who is going to hell. In the meantime, I will love Him, read the Bible, and do what in my heart of hearts I believe He calls me to do.

Just because someone says I'm going to heaven (or hell) does not make it so...

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Penny:

This is what the Pope ACTUALLY said:

�It follows that these separated churches and Communities, though we believe they suffer from defects, are deprived neither of significance nor importance in the mystery of salvation. In fact the Spirit of Christ has not refrained from using them as instruments of salvation, whose value derives from that fullness of grace and of truth which has been entrusted to the Catholic Church�[12]."

That's verbatim from the document.

Here's the link to the entire document:

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/c...oc_20070629_responsa-quaestiones_en.html

I'll let you figure out how the statement quoted above is interpreted by some to mean "the world wide LEADER of the Catholic Church is saying everybody that isn't catholic is going to Hell."

Here's a hint: He didn't, and you're not.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cause now I'll feel free to interject my beliefs into many different threads without the dumb masses crying for me to take it to CATCgrin

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gee, persecution is just so great. People,we worship the same god, and we hold the same person as the son of God, why fer cryin' out loud do we have to do this stupid little my faith is better than yours. We are actin' like Muzzies fer cryin' out loud.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Page 23 of 41 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

456 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 45 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,263
Posts18,504,873
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.