Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 41 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 40 41
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Cause now I'll feel free to interject my beliefs into many different threads without the dumb masses crying for me to take it to CATCgrin

Mike

Good point!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Hey Rick!!! It is times like this i am glad I am not you!!!Stay the course brother.

Last edited by KSMITH; 08/14/07.

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Rick, I wasn't referring to the Pope in my message. I was instead thinking of those at CATC who would dare to say that someone else was going to hell. I don't believe the Pope said that.

If you promise not to tell anyone, I will admit to having a rosary and praying it sometimes. blush And no, I'm not Catholic. wink

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
why fer cryin' out loud do we have to do this stupid little my faith is better than yours. We are actin' like Muzzies fer cryin' out loud

Exactly, hence my disdain towards organized religion as a whole.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know what you mean,Box . I ain't a member of an organized religion -- I'm a Baptist !

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I've heard it said that if you're not baptized by total emersion then you cannot enter the kingdom.

"....Sorry Pal, you were righteous and God-fearing and accepted Jesus as your Saviour and all of that, but there's this total immersion clause...."

I always had some trouble with that. It's suppose to represent death and rebirth. I probably mis spoke in an earlier post in saying that I believe total emersion is required. I believe that baptism is necessary as an act or show of faith as required by Christ him self.
What brought the question to mind originally was when I saw my grand father baptized into his primitive Baptist church. I remember the discussions among the adults about the necessity of total emersion. It could have been bad because he had his larynx removed some years before and he had a hole in his throat. I thought, why is so important when it endangers someone, wouldn't water over his head suffice. He was baptized by total emersion and it worked out ok, but still...

Hey, how many 14 year old kids see grandpa babtized?

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Wasn't that just after he'd cursed the fig tree for not baring fruit?
Thinkin' He was hungry and a little out of sorts? Could be.....could be. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Penny:

I know who you were quoting, and I just had to correct it again for fear that disinformation would again spread.

The Pope did NOT say all non-Catholics are going to hell!

Nice to hear about the Rosary. Didn't hurt a bit, did it? grin

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rick, I actually carry my roasry everywhere, it is always in the truck with me, guess i would feel a bit uncomfortable without it. My daughter is getting to be the same way. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is deep discussions like this that finds me asking an important question:

What would Stick say??

Probably couldnt repeat it here

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rogue
Just rename the forum, "We Protestants are going to Heaven, Everyone else is going to Hell."

I poked my head down there every so often to see a bunch of self rightous ego maniacs condemning me to Hell as a "Mormon Cultist". Every time I said to myself, "self I wonder how long until they start bashing Catholics or Pentacostals or Luths or whoever else."

Great way to testify of Christ, alienate everyone, insult and condemn them all to rot in eternal hellfire-damnation-sin then maybe they'll listen to you.

Did someone say there something about a bear forum?

Please note that not everyone there stated you were wrong. I remember stating I do not believe as you do but I do not judge you. That is NOT my job; it is up to the Lord to judge each and every one of us. Not all non-Mormons hate or condemn you.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Cause now I'll feel free to interject my beliefs into many different threads without the dumb masses crying for me to take it to CATCgrin

Mike

Which is why I voted against the creation of CATC back in September of 2002! I am simply unable to excise my love for Jesus from my everyday conversation--it's part of me, deal with it.

I enjoyed reading there, but it's gone. Oh well.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

Rick, I wasn't referring to the Pope in my message. I was instead thinking of those at CATC who would dare to say that someone else was going to hell. I don't believe the Pope said that.

If you promise not to tell anyone, I will admit to having a rosary and praying it sometimes. blush And no, I'm not Catholic. wink

Penny

Penny
This crazy Spirit filled tongues speaking lunatic follower of Jesus has a Rosary and has used it and often uses Centering Prayer too.

Bash away all who think any or any of the above condemns me to the lake of fire, I choose to be judged by a higher authority.

grin wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by RickBin
Nice to hear about the Rosary. Didn't hurt a bit, did it? grin

rb

An interesting experience. A different kind of prayer (for me), but a spiritual and valid prayer just the same.

I can pray in the manner of a number of different denominations; I guess that's not a surprise for a language teacher. grin

A funny story is that one year during Lent the Newman Community (Catholic student group) on my campus decided to get together at noon and spend an hour praying the rosary together out loud. I went and joined them, and during the first iteration of "Our Father," they all stopped at "...and deliver us from evil." I kept on going. blush

The one non-Catholic in the room had been "outed!" blush grin whistle

Another funny story happened when I was about 7 years old. My family subscribed to "Life" magazine every week. During that time, the covers were mostly in black and white... but one week a new Pope had been named (Pope Paul??? It would have been about 1954 or so). "Life" magazine arrived with a beautiful full-color picture of the Pope on the cover. I took a look at the framed black and white picture of my father on one of the end tables in the living room, and went and took a pair of scissors, cut the cover off of "Life," and slipped the Pope's picture into the frame over my father's picture.

My mother came into the room and almost fainted. "Penny, take that picture out right away!" she ordered. "Someone might come to the door and think we're Catholic."

I didn't understand why that would be such a bad thing back then, and I still don't.

And my third (final) story. When I was a freshman in college, my Mother underwent surgery for removal of an ovarian cyst (which also resulted in her having a hysterectomy). At the time I didn't really understand the details of the surgery, just that she was far away from me and I loved her very much, and I couldn't imagine what I would do if she didn't make it through the surgery.

I felt a need to go somewhere and ask God, from the bottom of my heart, to please make sure she came through it all right. So from among about 6 churches in town, I went to the Catholic church. I was able to kneel, which I really wanted to do, and I just KNEW that God was in that church. I could kneel and clasp my hands and close my eyes and just stay that way for the longest time... and it felt very right.

So there you have my stories: the rosary flub, the Pope's framed picture in our living room, and knowing beyond a doubt that God was in the Catholic church and would listen to me when I prayed.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's blatantly obvious it was raptured... apparently all the religious whiners left behind didn't make the cut and will live to argue another day.

There's plenty of room on the optics forum for more so inclined...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
God will listen to anyone, no matter who you hang around.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I didn't know that then. I wanted to give authority to my prayers... it's hard to explain. I just knew that I would be able to pray "right" if I did it in the Catholic church, and that God would be there.

Penny

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
God listens to all that talk to him, I don't care who you are. Ya gotta understand, my Grandmother is Mennonite, I am Catholic like my parents, I have relatives that got to the Church of Christ, my daughter was baptised in a Baptist Church, and I truly had a great time when I went to Church with Boggy. God doesn't care where you are when you talk to him, JUST THAT YOU DO IT! Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I understand Penny, and it is obvious you do also. It is sad to watch so many people struggle with the fact that God is there for them but they think they need an interpreter to communicate with him.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
There's plenty of room on the optics forum for more so inclined...

I have felt a leading to go down there and evangelize.............upon more reflection, I think I'll just go to bed.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 24 of 41 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (7887mm08, ar33c9, 300_savage, 35, Akhutr, 10 invisible), 1,384 guests, and 870 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,208
Posts18,503,884
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.