Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Did the apostles do it?????

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by Scott F
We are Orthodox. To us making the sign of the cross is a symbol of aligning ourself with Christ. I do it when I am alone and hear a or see an emergency vehicle as a short prayer. It is a prayer for whatever distress is happening. If praying for someone offends someone I think they might want to rethink their attitude.

I feel bad that you and others immediately felt compelled to defend and justify because of a 'simple' question.

Kent
I just intended to say that is why and how I do it.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha! I think I been doing it wrong. I split the holy and the ghost between the two shoulders. Never did say amen afterwards either. Maybe thats why Sister Bernadette didn't care much for me?

Did she show you where HE said to do it in the Bible or is it something men made up to show they were especial, like putting little dog houses or crosses by the highway or like not eating meat on Friday?
Sister Bernadette may not have shown any such thing, and she may not have addressed the fact that, throughout recorded history, humans of various spiritual persuasions have created symbols, icons and representations to suit their human wants and needs. Some of these otherwise meaningful symbolic features have also been prominent in human religious wars - and to this day some humans cannot help but attack and ridicule the spiritual symbols of others. Is such deprecation and ridicule, in itself, a symbol of human greatness, spiritual righteousness and superiority - or is a symbol of the mere nature of mortals? So, which denomination gets to set the rules - whose "interpretation" is correct? Who wields the actual authority in all of this?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Hahaha! I think I been doing it wrong.

I split the holy and the ghost between the two shoulders.

Never did say amen afterwards either.

Maybe thats why Sister Bernadette didn't care much for me?

Did she show you where HE said to do it in the Bible or is it something men made up to show they were especial, like putting little dog houses or crosses by the highway or like not eating meat on Friday?

Is tolerance not a christian virtue. I thought the Grand Inquisitor was a Spaniard.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Huntz
Every time I see a Vampire or Werewolf I do the sign of the cross and it really works.
I got a notion that's because they don't exist. Try it when you see a lieberal demoncrap. They're from the pit of Hell, too.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by Scott F
We are Orthodox. To us making the sign of the cross is a symbol of aligning ourself with Christ. I do it when I am alone and hear a or see an emergency vehicle as a short prayer. It is a prayer for whatever distress is happening. If praying for someone offends someone I think they might want to rethink their attitude.

I feel bad that you and others immediately felt compelled to defend and justify because of a 'simple' question.

Kent
I didn't have any inclination to defend or justify anything. I understand there are a lot of folks on here with very thin skin about certain topics. It's pretty disgusting. In fact, those who would prefer censure are nothing better than lieberal demoncraps who want to censure conservatives. And they might be the same: lieberal demoncraps. Also, many just take things completely wrong and come off looking like foolish deviant children, but they don't see that and do it over and over again, when an adult would just move on past a harmless post regardless what was said in it. A good number of folks on here could really use therapy and counselling.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by krp
[quote=Scott F]We are Orthodox. To us making the sign of the cross is a symbol of aligning ourself with Christ. I do it when I am alone and hear a or see an emergency vehicle as a short prayer. It is a prayer for whatever distress is happening. If praying for someone offends someone I think they might want to rethink their attitude.

Kent[/quote]I didn't have any inclination to defend or justify anything. I understand there are a lot of folks on here with very thin skin about certain topics. It's pretty disgusting. In fact, those who would prefer censure are nothing better than lieberal demoncraps who want to censure conservatives. And they might be the same: lieberal demoncraps. Also, many just take things completely wrong and come off looking like foolish deviant children, but they don't see that and do it over and over again, when an adult would just move on past a harmless post regardless what was said in it. A good number of folks on here could really use therapy and counselling.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Rick told me on the phone, he tried it, and it did not work.

Yep.

All those Christians just couldn't get along. Rick had to close it down.
Rick didn't close anything down. He just moved it.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

So, in the absence of Liberals and Atheists............Catholics are the next group to draw your ire?

Do we rate higher or lower than the blecks and joos?

Love Catholics. Some of my best cousins and hunting buddies.

Just concerned so many worship the Church rather than HIS word, re like making graven images or calling mortal kid fuggers Father as our Father in Heaven, GOD ALMIGHTY, said DONT DO.

So, many of my besties reject HIS words for mens words and think it's OK. Baptists and Methodists and All organized religions reject HIS words.
Get sick and ask most of their elders to do as HE says to do and annoint you in oil and lay hands on you and pray. Some will say, what if GOD wants you ill. They forget what HE said illness is and where it comes from and what He says His wishes are for you.They fear if they pray on you and you die it will look bad. They have no faith in HIS word.

HE said do not add to or take away from HIS word. What is saying "eat fish on Friday" or worshipping graven images or praying to Mary or saying only those of The Church will be saved or calling men Father doing? How can men not understand the simplest of words?

GOD ALMIGHTY said, "Call NO ONE ON EARTH FATHER, for your Father is in Heaven". How much simpler or plainer can HE make it? What should HE have said if HE only wanted HIM, your Creator and provider called Father? Can you get the idea any more simple? NO.
Sorry, but youve been lied to, and it wasnt by HIM.

The reason men cant see or understand that is because they have been blinded, indoctrinated, brain washed into believing its ok. Does HE brainwash or blind you? Who does. The same who blinded the Sadducees and Pharasees, who lied about Christ and said HE was the King of the Jews and pushed Pilate to crucify Him and place that sign on the cross.

They were not Gods believers. They were satans minions coming in GODS name.

JESUS is King of all. HE is King of Heaven and Earth.

The previous pope said onTV, "You must worship the Church". Thats a lie. God does not lie. The present pope said there should be no Wall. God told who to build a wall around the Holy City.
HE said the church, meaning HIS believers, are to worship HIM. The pope said anyone who deals in guns cant be a Christian. God said if you have no sword, sell your cloak and get one. The pipe said the west needs an infusion of virile blood, meaning moslems. HE said do not let the heathen into the land i gave you or let their sons and daughters mingle with your sons and daughters as they will lead them astray and I will curse you. Dont make treaties or help them. How is GOD supposed to bring them to the Truth when Christians help them along? And now we have terrorists in our country and their drug resistant TB and sharia law and moslems in prison indoctrinating our convicts, but the pope knows better than HE.

The pope and church fight to end the death penalty and HE said for the elders of the church to chase down and stone a murderer. Seeing that on TV would really make an impression on young minds about the consequences, wouldnt it?

Im not saying those following false doctrine will necessarily go to HELL, but
HE said there will be a great gnashing of teeth. There will be.

When Trump first met the pope he made a remark about his cute red slippers. Trump knows they come from the same source as the red slippers the Podesta's and other satanists wear.

Here's the picture taken after Trump informed the pope of whats coming that nothing can stop and the popes future. Like Trump said, Something big is coming and nobody knows. Humm, like as Noah said. Like Que said, Nothing can stop what is coming.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/10/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Who was Jesus? Was he God? Was he God's messenger/prophet sent to expose hypocrisy and proclaim the truth? Exactly who was he, and did he intend to establish a religion that unseated the chosen? I am Unitarian in belief to the extent that I believe there is only one God. As far as the sign of the cross, it seems to me another pointless exercise or ritual.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
Who was Jesus? Was he God? Was he God's messenger/prophet sent to expose hypocrisy and proclaim the truth? Exactly who was he, and did he intend to establish a religion that unseated the chosen? I am Unitarian in belief to the extent that I believe there is only one God. As far as the sign of the cross, it seems to me another pointless exercise or ritual.

1 Timothy 6:13-15

I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who in his testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, to keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords.

To say otherwise is to call GOD a liar. Blasphemy.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/10/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

1 Timothy 6:13-15
I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who in his testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, to keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords.

To say otherwise is to call GOD a liar. Blasphemy.
I am not concerned with anything Saul/Paul said. Did Jesus ever claim to be God? Did he come to do away with the Jewish covenant, to do away with the law, to do away with the prophets? Again, did Jesus claim to be GOD? If so who was he praying to?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

So, in the absence of Liberals and Atheists............Catholics are the next group to draw your ire?

Do we rate higher or lower than the blecks and joos?

Love Catholics. Some of my best cousins and hunting buddies.

Just concerned so many worship the Church rather than HIS word, re like making graven images or calling mortal kid fuggers Father as our Father in Heaven, GOD ALMIGHTY, said DONT DO.

So, many of my besties reject HIS words for mens words and think it's OK. Baptists and Methodists and All organized religions reject HIS words.
Get sick and ask most of their elders to do as HE says to do and annoint you in oil and lay hands on you and pray. Some will say, what if GOD wants you ill. They forget what HE said illness is and where it comes from and what He says His wishes are for you.They fear if they pray on you and you die it will look bad. They have no faith in HIS word.

HE said do not add to or take away from HIS word. What is saying "eat fish on Friday" or worshipping graven images or praying to Mary or saying only those of The Church will be saved or calling men Father doing? How can men not understand the simplest of words?

GOD ALMIGHTY said, "Call NO ONE ON EARTH FATHER, for your Father is in Heaven". How much simpler or plainer can HE make it? What should HE have said if HE only wanted HIM, your Creator and provider called Father? Can you get the idea any more simple? NO.
Sorry, but youve been lied to, and it wasnt by HIM.

The reason men cant see or understand that is because they have been blinded, indoctrinated, brain washed into believing its ok. Does HE brainwash or blind you? Who does. The same who blinded the Sadducees and Pharasees, who lied about Christ and said HE was the King of the Jews and pushed Pilate to crucify Him and place that sign on the cross.

They were not Gods believers. They were satans minions coming in GODS name.

JESUS is King of all. HE is King of Heaven and Earth.

The previous pope said onTV, "You must worship the Church". Thats a lie. God does not lie. The present pope said there should be no Wall. God told who to build a wall around the Holy City.
HE said the church, meaning HIS believers, are to worship HIM. The pope said anyone who deals in guns cant be a Christian. God said if you have no sword, sell your cloak and get one. The pipe said the west needs an infusion of virile blood, meaning moslems. HE said do not let the heathen into the land i gave you or let their sons and daughters mingle with your sons and daughters as they will lead them astray and I will curse you. Dont make treaties or help them. How is GOD supposed to bring them to the Truth when Christians help them along? And now we have terrorists in our country and their drug resistant TB and sharia law and moslems in prison indoctrinating our convicts, but the pope knows better than HE.

The pope and church fight to end the death penalty and HE said for the elders of the church to chase down and stone a murderer. Seeing that on TV would really make an impression on young minds about the consequences, wouldnt it?

Im not saying those following false doctrine will necessarily go to HELL, but
HE said there will be a great gnashing of teeth. There will be.

When Trump first met the pope he made a remark about his cute red slippers. Trump knows they come from the same source as the red slippers the Podesta's and other satanists wear.

Here's the picture taken after Trump informed the pope of whats coming that nothing can stop and the popes future. Like Trump said, Something big is coming and nobody knows. Humm, like as Noah said. Like Que said, Nothing can stop what is coming.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You need more to do.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Hastings, Paul didnt speak of making graven images or talk about adding to His word.
Try Rev 22:18-19 and Deut.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You need more to do.
Maybe he needs less to do or at least less to obsess over.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hastings, Paul didnt speak of making graven images or talk about adding to His word.
Try Rev 22:18-19 and Deut.
Huh?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You need more to do.
Maybe he needs less to do or at least less to obsess over.

I cant imagine being worried about making the sign of the cross.

I guess we should be flattered.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I feel that whatever gets a person through the day is their business, as long as it doesn't interfere with the business of others or exceeds the bounds of what is normally considered decency. I do feel that there are too many people who say and do things, not out of sincerity, but because they wrongly feel that they are somehow "SCORING POINTS" by what they say or do. Examples (and again, I am not saying that the motivation is wrong each time someone chooses to do these things) would be: crossing themselves, instantly declaring the Bible "the best book they have every read" as soon as the question arises, or proclaiming "what the Bible says" (in their interpretation) on any issues that comes up.

Please understand that I am not pointing fingers at anyone nor am I wishing to deny anyone's true beliefs.

Last edited by 5sdad; 05/10/21.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I grew up Roman Catholic and still do it. Normally when seeing a funeral procession, car wreck, passing a church sometimes or when [bleep] is about to hit the fan. Sometimes it is a sign of respect and as someone previously said, a quick little prayer or acknowledging Gods grace.

I would say if it bothers you, you got some major issues and have better things you should be doing.

-Piss into the wind.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

312 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 16penny, 260Remguy, 49 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,689
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.