-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Many insurance carriers subscribe to a service offered by Lexis Nexis (sp?) and possibly other vendors, that monitor newly licensed drivers in households and the carrier then questions the named insured to determine whether there is an undisclosed driver. I would strongly suggest letting the carrier know if there is a licensed driver that needs to be added to the policy.

Does the child qualify for good student discounts? They can knock off about 20-25% of the premium. Most require a B average to get the discount.

There are three vehicles and three licensed drivers in your house hold.. The driver has to be listed on one of the vehicles. Doesn’t need to necessarily be the newest, most expensive vehicles however.

Talk to the agent and see what suggestions for they can provide.

An independent agent can shop the market for the best combination of coverage and cost. But my experience is that USAA is tough to beat, value wise.

Last edited by JimR; 05/12/21.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JimR
Many insurance carriers subscribe to a service offered by Lexis Nexis (sp?) and possibly other vendors, that monitor newly licensed drivers in households and the carrier then questions the named insured to determine whether there is an undisclosed driver. I would strongly suggest letting the carrier know if there is a licensed driver that needs to be added to the policy.

Does the child qualify for good student discounts? They can knock off about 20-25% of the premium. Most require a B average to get the discount.

There are three vehicles and three licensed drivers in your house hold.. The driver has to be listed on one of the vehicles. Doesn’t need to necessarily be the newest, most expensive vehicles however.

Talk to the agent and see what suggestions for they can provide.

Complete bullshit.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You give a 17 year old a new car and think things would stay the same? Insuring kids to drive costs big bucks.
Depending on your state, she has to be added as she has access to any vehicle in your fleet. The thing to do is rate her on YOUR truck. If you listed her on as the primary driver of the Kia, you're gonna pay.
I had a beater Camry for flogging on a 80 mile temporary commute. I rated my kids on that and saved a ton of money on insurance.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not bullshit , my reply was based on many years in the insurance industry.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
I have been insured by USAA for over 25 years. I recently purchased my 17 year old daughter a new Kia Forte with every safety feature known to mankind.

Our insurance prior to adding the new car and my daughter was 167 per month for my 2011 Ford Truck and our 2014 Pathfinder. Our new premium is now about 450 a month.

Has anyone found a good, reputable company to deal
with when it comes to adding a teen driver?

What are the best strategies for saving some money or best companies to get a quote from?

Thanks,

Dan

Your first mistake was adding her to your policy, you don’t have to. Any driver that lives in your home is covered, any driver you give permission to drive is also covered if they do not live in your home and do not have insurance, under your policy. My daughter has been driving for 6 years, rates never changed. They still don’t know. It’s why they always ask if you’d like to add a driver to the policy, don’t do it.

If they get in an accident, they’ll be covered but rates will change.

This is a very bad idea. First just being a liar is not the way to live your life. Second, many states made it legal for then to flat out deny coverage if you did not disclose a person living with you.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plainsman456
It is a fact of life when teens are driving.

We went thru 2 and is was a shock at first.

The old rule of thumb is to rate the highest rated driver (teens) for the highest rated vehicles on a family policy. Believe it or not, and many will refuse to, insurance companies lose money insuring young drivers, especially on family auto policies. They take them as an accommodation to keep the rest of the client's business.

People often try to hide young drivers on their insurance and don't tell the truth on applications or questions from the companies. When they do, the company can refuse coverage and cancel policies immediately. Be careful.

Also, I hate insurance companies, especially several of the ones I did work for.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JimR
Not bullshit , my reply was based on many years in the insurance industry.
. Mine too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
And JimR is absolutely correct. And sand Billy is one of the [bleep] who cause high rates for the rest of us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
I have been insured by USAA for over 25 years. I recently purchased my 17 year old daughter a new Kia Forte with every safety feature known to mankind.

Our insurance prior to adding the new car and my daughter was 167 per month for my 2011 Ford Truck and our 2014 Pathfinder. Our new premium is now about 450 a month.

Has anyone found a good, reputable company to deal
with when it comes to adding a teen driver?

What are the best strategies for saving some money or best companies to get a quote from?

Thanks,

Dan

Your first mistake was adding her to your policy, you don’t have to. Any driver that lives in your home is covered, any driver you give permission to drive is also covered if they do not live in your home and do not have insurance, under your policy. My daughter has been driving for 6 years, rates never changed. They still don’t know. It’s why they always ask if you’d like to add a driver to the policy, don’t do it.

If they get in an accident, they’ll be covered but rates will change.

This is a very bad idea. First just being a liar is not the way to live your life. Second, many states made it legal for then to flat out deny coverage if you did not disclose a person living with you.

Lol, you take that [bleep]. Not me

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And JimR is absolutely correct. And sand Billy is one of the [bleep] who cause high rates for the rest of us.

How’s that? No accidents, ever. You stupid bitch. Lol

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$2k/year.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Well we all learned that sand bully will lie to save a buck. I know whether i will ever trust him or sell to him. Rest of you make up your own minds

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Lol what a piece of schit

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well we all learned that sand bully will lie to save a buck. I know whether i will ever trust him or sell to him. Rest of you make up your own minds

Lmao.

Whaaa!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Lol what a piece of schit

Don’t stroke out, bro

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
First...they have to spend on lexis nexus to guard against lying schit bags. They also end up in court arguing against schit bags who cause a fight after their lies are exposed. They also end up paying for stuff undisclosed drivers do in some cases.

Again thanks for letting us know who you really are.

Goodnight schit bag.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m all outta Twinkie’s, dipshit. Lmao

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First...they have to spend on lexis nexus to guard against lying schit bags. They also end up in court arguing against schit bags who cause a fight after their lies are exposed. They also end up paying for stuff undisclosed drivers do in some cases.

Again thanks for letting us know who you really are.

Goodnight schit bag.

As a former claims adjuster let me tell you what drives prices up, you ignorant [bleep]. It’s bitch made pricks that claim fake injuries. So, [bleep] you, I haven’t driven [bleep] up with a driver that hasn’t even ever had a ticket. Stupid azzwhole. Lmao

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m all outta Twinkie’s, dipshit. Lmao

Holy Schidt!

I guess Twinkies make fools delusional. What you don't know about insurance is about everything there is to know about insurance.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (22250rem, 3040Krag, 12344mag, 270cowboy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 1,681 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,129
Posts18,523,107
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.