Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My insurance for the wife and I was $285 a month for full coverage on a 2020 F-150 4wd and a 2018 Honda Accord. Added 18y/o twins with a new car each same coverages. 2020 Nissan Altima and 2020 Chevy Malibu and monthly bill went up to $967 a month! Good thing they both have pretty well paying jobs already 😁

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Lol sand douche thinks someone else looks like an idiot

Bring some facts to dispute what I’m saying. Lmao.

Poor little MJ got his feelers hurt. Lmao

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lol sand douche thinks someone else looks like an idiot

You have some facts snowflake? Lol

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't think enough of a schit bag like you to have feelings involved. You're a liar and a loudmouth. I know what i need to know about you and your kind

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think enough of a schit bag like you to have feelings involved. You're a liar and a loudmouth. I know what i need to know about you and your kind

We can agree on one thing, maybe. I’m a loudmouth.

Where did I lie?

Lol, you [bleep] liar. Lmao

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Go to your safe spaces

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Willfully lying to your insurance company. Lying by omission. Generally being a schit bag

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Willfully lying to your insurance company. Lying by omission. Generally being a schit bag

I didn’t lie to [bleep]. I just didn’t offer info.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Go to your safe spaces

[bleep] you sock puppet

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
We agree. Bob brown is a schit stain on this forum

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Breathe.....123

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Breathe.....123

[bleep] you boy.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Adding our daughter to our insurance doubled our insurance.
Without adding cars.
Swapped one out, added one, and out rates were triple of where we started.

The agent suggested we list out daughter as the primary on the biggest,
oldest car, saved a bit.

Then we researched my low deductibles. Couldn't believe it, but when I
raised the deductible, I saved more per year then the amount the deductible went up. No brainer there.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It might be worth looking at American National Property And Casualty Company. I bought my daughter a new Altima for her highschool graduation present and a week before she graduated she totalled it. And less than a year later my son totalled my 06 LBZ. I presently have 4 trucks insured on a commercial policy and 3 cars on a personal policy and pay $3,200 a year. We carry 100k-300k and a 1M liability blanket. Good luck with it, I tried to get the kids on their own policy but it was unaffordable.

Life is good live it while you can.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Some people will suck a willie for a dollar, even though they know it's wrong. I don't see where he lied in his post though.

Life is good live it while you can.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Turn your kids from a liability to a potential asset. At age 15 take out a large life insurance policy w/ you as the beneficiary. At age 16 buy them a fast motorcycle.

Think outside the box.

#raisingkidsforfunandprofit

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 05/12/21.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I have a buddy that just went through this. He had a sit down with his agent to understand what drives the costs. Apparently, one of the driving factors of price is how long you have owned the vehicle (not the age of the vehicle), but how long you have had that vehicle. Actuarial tables apparently show that the longer you've owned a vehicle without an incident, the less likely you are to have an incident. So getting your kid a new car, regardless of cost is not a good idea. You're better off to give them one of your other cars. Mine will be getting a 2008 4runner.

Maybe someone who's actually in insurance can shed some light. The problem with insurance agents is it's their job to convince you to buy the most expensive insurance they can sell you. There's no financial incentive for them to sell you something cheaper. Have you noticed if you shop your longtime insurance provider against someone else and threaten to leave them, they miraculously find some way to lower your rate so you'll stay?

bingo. combining emotions and financial decisions is a losing proposition. buying teenagers, unproven drivers and highly risky drivers, a new vehicle makes no sense and bitching about higher insurance when you do this makes even less financial sense. Should have asked an established and experienced agent what safe economical vehicle to buy before graduation if you wanted to not pay exorbitant prices..

Last edited by ribka; 05/12/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Your first mistake was adding her to your policy, you don’t have to. Any driver that lives in your home is covered, any driver you give permission to drive is also covered if they do not live in your home and do not have insurance, under your policy. My daughter has been driving for 6 years, rates never changed. They still don’t know. It’s why they always ask if you’d like to add a driver to the policy, don’t do it.
If they get in an accident, they’ll be covered but rates will change.
Are you positive failing to disclose a resident child with a DL that is the primary driver of a vehicle would not get you denied coverage if the unthinkable million$ at fault accident occurred? I insure with USAA and they want me to declare who is the primary operator of each vehicle and estimate yearly mileage. All 3 of my kids had totaled out vehicle accidents within a year or two of starting to drive. Only one was "at fault" although the other two could have probably avoided being run into. When I bought an older 4WD Toyota USAA pointedly asked what was the purpose of the vehicle and who would be driving it. This was after the kids were gone and we just like to have a spare that we don't mind getting muddy. Insurance companies will deny claims if they can and lying to them even by omission sounds like a bad idea. I have assets to protect and a lawyer would love to tie into me. What do you think?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Yep

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Breathe.....123

[bleep] you boy.

Do your fantasies elsewhere, pecker breath

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 69 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,447
Posts18,470,977
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.