-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Jewish presence in Israel goes far beyond a political agenda.

People seem to forget that the legitimacy of Israel (the land, the people, and the nation) is based on God’s unilateral covenant with Abraham. Genesis 13:15.

Israel has a sacred history and exists because of God’s choice. God’s covenantal faithfulness to Israel is eternal. Israel is not going anywhere.

“I will give to your descendants after you the land of your sojourning, all the land of Canaan for an everlasting possession, and I will be their God.” Genesis 17:8

Like it or not, God signed a treaty with Israel years ago and has unconditionally guaranteed the survival and security of His people, their land, and their nation, Israel.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The last gas I passed had a little moisture in it.
That's more of a concern to me than anything that could possibly happen in the Middle East.

Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
When the Jerichos start flying Dave may wipe his butt and wake up.

"What was that bright flash over there ?"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Put the Iowa back into commission. Park it 5 miles offshore from Gaza. Send all the 16 inch HE shells she can carry to the right places.

Great idea....

Right after they let us make them our 51st state.

Nah.....Just sell it to them and let them put it to use.

Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

People seem to forget that the legitimacy of Israel (the land, the people, and the nation) is based on God’s unilateral covenant with Abraham. Genesis 13:15.

Israel has a sacred history and exists because of God’s choice. God’s covenantal faithfulness to Israel is eternal. Israel is not going anywhere.

“I will give to your descendants after you the land of your sojourning, all the land of Canaan for an everlasting possession, and I will be their God.” Genesis 17:8

Like it or not, God signed a treaty with Israel years ago and has unconditionally guaranteed the survival and security of His people, their land, and their nation, Israel.

By the time St. Paul wrote his epistles that now make up a majority portion of the New Testament to the various churches, Israel as a nation had not existed for 750 years. The Israel of the Bible, especially when referred to in prophecies of a future tense is the Church, not the modern day nation state.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Once and for all - get it done. Ignore world opinion. When you are done, give 10 acres to the UN for their relocation.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn
By the time St. Paul wrote his epistles that now make up a majority portion of the New Testament to the various churches, Israel as a nation had not existed for 750 years. The Israel of the Bible, especially when referred to in prophecies of a future tense is the Church, not the modern day nation state.
Absolutely cannot be true. Jesus clearly said he did not come to destroy the prophets (prophecy). Ezekiel was clearly prophesying about physical Israel and real Hebrews in 37 and 38. Not Catholics, not the many infighting protestant sects. The Hebrews now control world finance and Israel is a super power.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[/quote]

The heretical Replacement Theology thinking has crept in. Christianity has not replaced Judaism, and Christians haven’t replaced Jews as God’s chosen people. God has not rejected Israel for the church.

Romans 11:2
God has not cast away his people which he foreknew, Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? How he maketh intercession for Israel.

Israel continues to serve as an example of God’s immutability. Malachi 3:6
God does does change and keeps His Word and His covenant faithfulness. All of scripture has continuity, from the Old through the New Testaments.

History is linear and covenantal, and it’s all based on His covenant. God knows what He’s doing. He does not fail or lie. God will have the last word for Israel and will bring peace to Israel.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Joey,s biggest worry today was midmorning snack rotation.
He swears the snack yesterday was teddy grahams and today is supposed to be animal cracker day, the ones in the little box.
And tommorow is goldfish day cause he just knows it.
Daily nap time is from 10:30 to 12: 30.
Then after nap time Depends change cause accidents happen.
He aint a Big boy anymore when he makes pee and poopies....
Then lunch with his sandwich half wrapped in a napkin to keep it all together for him.
And a juice box....
Cant forget the juice box....
So nice they do that for him.

Joey belongs at home with visting angels bringing him coloring books and paying "attention" to his long stories about what the fugg ever....

Our Country is F U C K E D.....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

LMAO.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Absolutely

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The Jews have been ruled by many people but had a presence in the land. There has never been a Nation ,Country or Kingdom of Palestine.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jdm953
The Jews have been ruled by many people but had a presence in the land. There has never been a Nation ,Country or Kingdom of Palestine.

T R U E .

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you believe that the New Covenant is the source of ultimate hope and the one to which God’s covenant with Abraham and God’s covenant with Israel point to...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
Do you believe that the New Covenant is the source of ultimate hope and the one to which God’s covenant with Abraham and God’s covenant with Israel point to...?

The New Covenant is a renewal of God’s covenant with Abraham. It is not a brand new covenant but means for Israel a renewal of the Old Covenant relationship with God.

If the Abrahamic covenant could be revoked, replaced, or nullified, so could the New Covenant. But the language of scripture confirms the eternity of God’s covenant.

Jeremiah even spoke of the New Covenant when the laws would be written on the hearts of men.
Jeremiah 31:31, 33 and Hebrews 8:10

This was the same everlasting covenant God promised Abraham in Jeremiah 32:40:
“And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.”

Jeremiah’s prophecy of the renewal of Abraham’s covenant:
—extends salvation to ALL (Hebrews 8:8-13) and
—affects Israel’s restoration to God (Romans 11:26-29)

The Abrahamic covenant was confirmed with the introduction of Christianity. Both covenants were established on grace through faith. The New Covenant affirms God’s promises to Abraham and his descendants through the generations.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
How can one be a Palestinian when no country ever existed. Can I just make up a name for a non existent country and get reparations for crimes not committed? Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for your answer to my previous question.

Do you believe that the Old Covenant was conditional (on Israel keeping the Law), and that it was replaced at the cross with a New and better Covenant, one that was cut with the blood of Jesus.....and that this New Covenant is unconditional, and stands by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus alone...?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by las
The solution to Gaza is for Isreal to line up as many dozers as it takes, blade to blade and march to the sea. Heck, put snorkels on the CATS, just to be sure to get them in deep enough at destination.

Wait a minute! Don't want to waste an opportunity: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/pro-palestinian-american-protester-killed-israeli-bulldozer

Let's get all our activists in place first.

Sure, and let's go hike the mountains of Iran while we are at it.

Things for an American not to do If you want to live a long life:

1 Stand in front of the Israeli Army, or even their bulldozers.
2 Go into Iran and proselytize Christianity.
3 Cross the DMZ and enter N Korea.

Now wait a minute..

Can't you get your shot in Iran? or N Korea?

Lol!

I imagine you could easily get shot in N Korea. Probably get your head hacked off with a dull machete in Iran.

Zoom! Straight over the top of your mullet.

Lol!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for your answer to my previous question.
Do you believe that the Old Covenant was conditional (on Israel keeping the Law), and that it was replaced at the cross with a New and better Covenant, one that was cut with the blood of Jesus.....and that this New Covenant is unconditional, and stands by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus alone...?
So God has voided his contract with Israel? The ever lasting covenant? All the prophets including Jesus lied or were wrong?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jdm953

I have wondered where the historical boundaries of Palestinia are? Anyone able to google a map?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
FWIW:

Sorry You’re Offended, But ‘Palestine’ Does Not Exist

New York City punishes a councilman for stating a historical fact.

In progressive America, an official elected in a predominantly Jewish district in the country’s largest city can be punished for asserting an indisputable historical fact if it happens to offend the sensibilities of hard-left activists. In this case, Kalman Yeger, a councilman from Brooklyn, in a back-and-forth about Rep. Ilhan Omar, tweeted that, “Palestine does not exist. There, I said it again. Also, Congresswoman Omar is an antisemite. Said that too.”

Mayor Bill de Blasio quickly issued an ultimatum to Yeger demanding he apologize, or else. After he refused, NYC Council Speaker Corey Johnson booted Yeger from—what I assume is a wholly useless—city immigration committee. “I found Council Member Yeger’s comments completely unacceptable…” Johnson explained. “They were dehumanizing to Palestinians and divisive, and have no place in New York City.”

One of Yeger’s statements might be debatable—perhaps some of you don’t find Omar’s numerous attacks on American Jews anti-Semitic—but the other contention is a historical and present-day reality. Despite this, nearly every media story covering the kerfuffle frames the councilman’s contention about the status of the West Bank and Gaza as some kind of appalling attack on decency. What other Howard Zinn-like historical fantasies must we adopt to participate in debate?

“Now, if he comes out and he apologizes, and says, ‘Look, I was wrong and I realize what I did was hurtful and I’ve got to change,’ different discussion,” de Blasio said. Pointing out that there’s no nation called Palestine might be provocative and argumentative, but the contention is no less accurate because of the emotional reaction it provokes. The American left’s censorship mission creep already deems numerous words and ideas off limits if enough people act insulted. Now, they’re trying to impose limits on speaking out about incontestable geopolitical truths.

Although one day it might, Palestine doesn’t exist today. An independent Arab Palestine has never existed. It didn’t exist under the Ottoman rule or the British Mandate or, in the end, under a United Nations Partition Plan that was rejected by every single Arab state and Palestinian leadership. It didn’t exist when the Palestinians were governed by governments in Jordan and Egypt (a time when there was virtually no international pressure to create an independent Palestine) and it didn’t come into existence when the Arab states rejected Israel’s peace gestures after the 1967 and 1973 wars.

Yasser Arafat ultimately rejected peace in every negotiation he ever participated in, embracing Intifada instead. Palestine didn’t exist after Israel granted Gaza autonomy and the populace turned to the terrorists of Hamas, and it won’t exist until Hamas and Fatah stop engaging in and supporting terrorism and drop their absurd demands for Jerusalem and the Right of Return.

Rashida Tlaib can put as many sticky notes over Israel as she likes, and it won’t change this reality.

A number of media outlets covering this incident point out that the United Nations and 137 states have “bilaterally” recognized Palestine. While it’s nice that Botswana and Cuba (and scores of other nations that suppress their own minority populations) have decided to act as if a small, disputed territory in the Middle East is an independent entity, the United States does not recognize a Palestinian nation. More significantly, the only country that can make the Palestinian state a reality is Israel.

Contra Johnson, pointing out the fact that Palestinians have never governed their own nation is not “dehumanizing.” Nor is pointing out the fact that the Arab use of “Palestinian” is a relative historical neologism mean there are no such people today. Simply because there’s no Kurdistan doesn’t mean that 35 million Kurds (whose independence the UN doesn’t care one wit about) do not exist. Nor does the absence of the Basque country or Balochistan mean that there aren’t Basques or Balochs. The same goes for the hundreds of other minority populations that have as good, if not far better, claims to statehood.

The United Nations and other anti-Israel organizations and activists have attempted to rewrite history and reality to create an inevitability around a future Palestinian state. That’s why they’re so offended by those who try to correct the historic record. The attempted regulating of rhetoric, and the imposition of false history, is meant to stifle debate. None of this is new. Watching elected New Yorkers like de Blasio and Johnson help them, however, is.

New York has come a long way from the days when Mayor Rudy Giuliani kicked Arafat, the father of modern terrorism, out of Lincoln Center. Almost every mayor going back to the creation of Israel, in fact, stuck up for the Jewish community—a community that has incrementally surrendered its cultural history to progressivism. In the end, though, Yeger only stated truth. Perhaps it’s an uncomfortable truth. But it’s not as if he claimed that Palestinians were hypnotizing the world with evil deeds.

David Harsanyi is a former Senior Editor at The Federalist. He is the author of First Freedom: A Ride Through America's Enduring History with the Gun. Follow him on Twitter.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/04/02/sorry-palestine-does-not-exist/

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Thanks for your answer to my previous question. Do you believe that the Old Covenant was conditional (on Israel keeping the Law), and that it was replaced at the cross with a New and better Covenant, one that was cut with the blood of Jesus.....and that this New Covenant is unconditional, and stands by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus alone...?
So God has voided his contract with Israel? The ever lasting covenant? All the prophets including Jesus lied or were wrong?
I’ve asked my questions above of WhiteTail48, based upon his answer to my previous question. I’m looking forward to his response, especially in light of the thoughtful presentation of his perspective regarding my previous question.

I’m not sure if you’re asking me questions based upon my last questions to him (which he hasn’t yet responded to), or if you’re just making definitive statements of your own perspective in the form of questions.

Regardless, God's New Covenant was cut at Calvary; and unlike the Old Covenant, it was not cut with the blood of goats and bulls; and unlike the Old Covenant, there were no conditions that Israel or anyone else had to meet. God’s New Covenant that He made is an unconditional covenant...a covenant which He purposed to make through the blood of Jesus.

The Old Covenant...which was clearly conditional...required Israel to keep God's Law (which they dismally failed to do), but God’s New Covenant...which is clearly unconditional...requires nothing from Israel or anyone else...except the acceptance of God’s grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus alone.

WhiteTail48 says that the everlasting covenant is the one that God made with Abraham, and renewed in God’s New Covenant.

The New Covenant is a renewal of God’s covenant with Abraham. ...the language of scripture confirms the eternity of God’s covenant with Abraham. Jeremiah even spoke of the New Covenant when the laws would be written on the hearts of men in Jeremiah 31:31-33 and Hebrews 8:10. This was the same everlasting covenant God promised Abraham in Jeremiah 32:40.
“And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.”
Jeremiah’s prophecy of the renewal of Abraham’s covenant:
—extends salvation to ALL (Hebrews 8:8-13) and
—affects Israel’s restoration to God (Romans 11:26-29)
The Abrahamic covenant was confirmed with the introduction of Christianity. Both covenants (the Abrahamic Covenant and God’s New Covenant) were established on grace through faith. The New Covenant affirms God’s promises to Abraham and his descendants through the generations.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (25aught6, 10Glocks, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 61 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,375
Posts18,527,446
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.