Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Well we all learned that sand bully will lie to save a buck. I know whether i will ever trust him or sell to him. Rest of you make up your own minds

LOL this coming from someone that works for Dunham's. Really???

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sand Douche. Say any of that to my face. Please.

Haha tough guy

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by SandBilly
First...they have to spend on lexis nexus to guard against lying schit bags. They also end up in court arguing against schit bags who cause a fight after their lies are exposed. They also end up paying for stuff undisclosed drivers do in some cases.

Again thanks for letting us know who you really are.

Goodnight schit bag.

As a former claims adjuster .....................
Aha - that tells me a LOT.. Every 'adjuster' (save one) was determined to screw the customer from one end to the other in order to save the company a buck. Dealt with them many times when I was in the car biz - and I told a lot of customers how to deal with those a-holes whose companies pressured 'em all to cut the losses by trying to settle with 50 cents on the dollar - or less.. And I got a lot of phone calls later from those same customers who thanked me profusely for saving 'em a ton of money..

Ran into one adjuster personally - when the only damned deer I hit in my life in the truck back in '05 caused over $7K in front-end damage and the "adjuster" offered to pay $2500.. I fixed that BS by putting a lot of pressure on the company itself - to either settle up correctly or my 15+ year history with that same company (and NO losses) would end at noon that day.. 11:55 am I got a call from his boss - and the repair shop got paid in full.

Ya ya ya. And every time I've had an accident my insurance has been right there paying in full.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by k22hornet
OK, time to join the fray. I've been a broker for 31 years.

Sandbilly IS correct about letting your neighbor, or friend, drive your car, and there being coverage under your policy.

Sandbilly is incorrect about naming drivers in your home. You have to tell your insurance company about every driver in the home. If you don't, they may decline to pay a claim.

For a small claim, say $5-6,000, the adjuster will most likely pay the claim, and then tell the Underwriter about the undisclosed driver (UD). Then, the underwriter will send out an Offer to Exclude the UD. If you sign, the rates stay the same. If you do not sign, the rates will increase due to the UD and the accident.

For a large claim, say $50,000+, the insurance company has an incentive to review the application, to make sure the T's are crossed, the I's are dotted and all drivers in the home are named. When they see the UD, they might decline to pay. That leaves the owner, and driver, of the At-Fault car to pay the damages out-of-pocket.

Follow Sandbilly's advice, and you may wind up with a non-covered claim.

Sandbilly said his daughter has been driving for 6 years, without being added as a driver. Since she is an adult, the car might be in her name alone. Because Sandbilly is not the registered owner, there most likely would not be coverage for the daughter or her car, even though the car is on Sandbilly's policy.

The reason being, Sandbilly does not have an insurable interest in his adult child's car, therefore, no coverage.

To the OP: to keep your rates down, look at increasing your Deductibles to a higher level. Carry as high a Deductible as you can comfortably come up and raise your Deductible on the home while your at it. Take the combined savings for the higher Deductibles, and put them in a 'cookie jar'. Do that at each renewal, and in short order, you will have the higher Deductibles saved in the 'cookie jar'.

Another option is to shop around. Get in touch with a broker, as brokers usually represent several companies ( I have 14 to work with) they can quote you with, and then call a few 'captives', like State Farm, Allstate, etc.

A broker for 31 years huh? How many claims did you settle?

Brokers/agents know very little about the actual claims process. Your job is to blow the corporate smoke up customers azzes. It’s all scare tactic BS.

I wonder why when you have a driver in your household they won’t insure or won’t insure without jacking your rates they make you sign an excluded driver contract? HMMM

Never saw a claim that was denied for this, ever, and if a co did try and the customer just rolled over and agreed they might get away with it. Otherwise, simple call to the insurance commission and game over.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Sandbilly IS correct about letting your neighbor, or friend, drive your car, and there being coverage under your policy.

Sandbilly is incorrect about naming drivers in your home. You have to tell your insurance company about every driver in the home. If you don't, they may decline to pay a claim.

For a small claim, say $5-6,000, the adjuster will most likely pay the claim, and then tell the Underwriter about the undisclosed driver (UD). Then, the underwriter will send out an Offer to Exclude the UD. If you sign, the rates stay the same. If you do not sign, the rates will increase due to the UD and the accident.

For a large claim, say $50,000+, the insurance company has an incentive to review the application, to make sure the T's are crossed, the I's are dotted and all drivers in the home are named. When they see the UD, they might decline to pay. That leaves the owner, and driver, of the At-Fault car to pay the damages out-of-pocket.

Sandbilly said his daughter has been driving for 6 years, without being added as a driver. Since she is an adult, the car might be in her name alone. Because Sandbilly is not the registered owner, there most likely would not be coverage for the daughter or her car, even though the car is on Sandbilly's policy.

The reason being, Sandbilly does not have an insurable interest in his adult child's car, therefore, no coverage.

To the OP: to keep your rates down, look at increasing your Deductibles to a higher level. Carry as high a Deductible as you can comfortably come up and raise your Deductible on the home while your at it. Take the combined savings for the higher Deductibles, and put them in a 'cookie jar'. Do that at each renewal, and in short order, you will have the higher Deductibles saved in the 'cookie jar'.

Another option is to shop around. Get in touch with a broker, as brokers usually represent several companies ( I have 14 to work with) they can quote you with, and then call a few 'captives', like State Farm, Allstate, etc.

And there you have it.

Lmao.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by blairvt
there are alot of old grouchy f#$kers on here who think its ok to run their mouth to people because they are hiding behind a keyboard. How about if you have somethiung to say to someone you list your name and address first. If not, just STFU you bunch of cowards.

Oh looky here, you come up for air after sucking varmintGuy’s old cock?

LOL

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Originally Posted by blairvt
there are alot of old grouchy f#$kers on here who think its ok to run their mouth to people because they are hiding behind a keyboard. How about if you have somethiung to say to someone you list your name and address first. If not, just STFU you bunch of cowards.

This forum is for entertainment only. You can't possibly take these people seriously.

And the biggest dickhead of all speaks up.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Tarkio
$300 additional per month for a teen driver and a brand new car doesn't sound that bad really.

Sucks but that's what it is.

In my business, I had a 19 yo working for me. To add him onto the policy cost me about $4000 a year.

My current private insurance is through the roof also because I have 1 teen driver (17 yo) and we own a lot of vehicles on the policy (7 motorized vehicles plus trailers, camper etc.) My son has a permit and will be getting his license this fall. At that time, I am going to be looking into putting a vehicle in his name and get his own policy.

It sounds like Farm Buruea could save you several $1000 per year.

I have had several ins companies call me to sell me a policy. I tell them "match this".

They hear what I have covered, and what I pay, they say "have a good day, goodbye."

What limits do you have?
I carry the max available.

That being said, when I finally clear up a damage claim on my home, I am going shopping for all my coverages, personal vehicle, home, farm and ranch, business insurance, commercial vehicle insurance etc. Going to shop for private health insurance also.

Montana MOFO
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Farm Bureau.
Years ago, when I got out of college and got my 1st full time job, I was 23. I bought a car and went to them for insurance. I had a completely clean driving record, not even a parking ticket. They turned me down flat because I wasn't 25. I told them to never come see me again because I wouldn't be interested. I have a very long memory. Sure enough, the day I turned 25, here they came asking for my business. No sale.

That is interesting.

My first car. My first driver's license. No driver's ed.

I called around. Farm Bureau quoted me the cheapest price for liability. I went with it. I was nowhere near 25.

I have been with them ever since.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
$300 additional per month for a teen driver and a brand new car doesn't sound that bad really.

Sucks but that's what it is.

In my business, I had a 19 yo working for me. To add him onto the policy cost me about $4000 a year.

My current private insurance is through the roof also because I have 1 teen driver (17 yo) and we own a lot of vehicles on the policy (7 motorized vehicles plus trailers, camper etc.) My son has a permit and will be getting his license this fall. At that time, I am going to be looking into putting a vehicle in his name and get his own policy.

It sounds like Farm Buruea could save you several $1000 per year.

I have had several ins companies call me to sell me a policy. I tell them "match this".

They hear what I have covered, and what I pay, they say "have a good day, goodbye."

What limits do you have?
I carry the max available.

That being said, when I finally clear up a damage claim on my home, I am going shopping for all my coverages, personal vehicle, home, farm and ranch, business insurance, commercial vehicle insurance etc. Going to shop for private health insurance also.

I have $100K liability and $500 deductible. Annual renewal is coming up. I intend to talk to the agent about trading higher deductibles for increased liability.

A couple years ago Farm Bureau had a good year with unexpected low claim rates. I got a $300 check back in the mail at year's end.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Well we all learned that sand bully will lie to save a buck. I know whether i will ever trust him or sell to him. Rest of you make up your own minds

LOL this coming from someone that works for Dunham's. Really???

No idea what that is supposed to mean. I spent 13 years as an independent agent and still do financial planning. I also work for dunhams. Not sure what isn't clear for you.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

I've no mutt in this fight but would like to thank you for your input obviously based in experience. We all know this forum is loaded with trolls, phonies, halfwits and worse polluting the waters. Every now and then, however, a jewel is unearthed from the hole. I appreciate your taking the time to weigh in, sir.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's not the case in Minnesota, which is a no-fault state. I don't believe Colorado is.

In Minnesota the insurer has to pay the liability claim. However, the insurer can sue after the fact if they believe fraud was committed.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I have $100K liability and $500 deductible. Annual renewal is coming up. I intend to talk to the agent about trading higher deductibles for increased liability.
Good move. You can recover from a few thousand $ loss. A huge liability loss for an at fault accident or loss from an under insured motorist demolishing you is your biggest danger. Extra coverage is relatively cheap but a lot of agencies don't even mention it. Companies love minimum coverage liability and otherwise "full coverage" policies.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by JOG

That's not the case in Minnesota, which is a no-fault state. I don't believe Colorado is.

In Minnesota the insurer has to pay the liability claim. However, the insurer can sue after the fact if they believe fraud was committed.

JOG,

No-Fault pertains to the medical injury side of the policy. With no-fault, your own car insurance coverage (in Minnesota, that means your “personal injury protection” or "PIP" coverage) pays for your medical treatment, lost wages, etc. after a car accident, up to policy limits, regardless of who caused the crash.

No-Fault does not cover damage to vehicles or other property.

Colorado used to be a No-Fault State, but that was rescinded in the late 1990's, if I remember correctly.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
If I recall correctly...NY, Fla, PA, and Michigan are still no fault

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 257man, 51 invisible), 1,747 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,141
Posts18,523,288
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.