Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just hit 20 years last week.

Wouldn’t change a damn thing. If I knew the tricks and whatnot to begin with it wouldn’t have been the same.

Only advice I’d give is do your vetting ahead of time. wink

MAGA
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by xxclaro
If anyone tells you "Happy wife, happy life", punch that miserable fool right in the nose and never talk to him again. He isnt happy and if you try to follow his advice you won't be either. Neither will your wife.

I agree. That sentiment means nothing more than rolling over and putting up with an unhappy wife. Walking on eggshells to keep a nag happy?? Nope. Fugg that shidt.

I thought the counter-move was to tell her...."less bitchin, more kitchen".....lol

Or how about......"Happy man, no more banging your hot sister".....lol

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
If anyone tells you "Happy wife, happy life", punch that miserable fool right in the nose and never talk to him again. He isnt happy and if you try to follow his advice you won't be either. Neither will your wife.

I agree. That sentiment means nothing more than rolling over and putting up with an unhappy wife. Walking on eggshells to keep a nag happy?? Nope. Fugg that shidt.

I thought the counter-move was to tell her...."less bitchin, more kitchen".....lol

If your wife is even half way attractive, what happens when she tells the judge "but I'm unhappy, give me half of his stuff, the kids, child support and a life style I'm accustom to", while going through the 200 thirsty dude on her social media just waiting to bang her?

Of course, for those with wives who are either obese, or morbidly obese, as is the case with over 40% of women in America today, and a face that looks like 20 miles of a bad gravel road, your suggested strategy might work.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I think the rush to institute community property law and no fault divorce in most states did more harm to the institution of marriage than anything...

I used to live in a community property state and now I live in an “equitable division” state. The community property regime is substantially better than one that lets the judge make it all up on the back end. Community property laws specify in advance what constitutes community and separate property. Separate property includes property owned before the marriage, property donated specifically to one spouse during the marriage (such as manual gifts and inheritances). There also is some community property that can be managed by one spouse, such as certain business interests, even if the other spouse has an ownership interest. There may some reimbursement rights if community property is used to enhance separate property or vice versa. (The same concepts generally apply to debts.) But, the parties to a marriage know exactly on the front end how property is going to be divided and debts will be allocated if there is a split. If people cannot understand on the front end that property acquired during the marriage, with some exceptions, will be community property and equally divided, they really should consider whether they want to get married, and perhaps discuss the division of labor, or they can vary any of that with a pre-nup prior to getting married.

As for no fault divorce, you may be right if it results in people not attempting to work things out, but I submit that it is the way it should be. A person should not be forced to stay in a marriage that s/he does not want to be in. If people do not even attempt to resolve their differences, they were a wrong fit from the beginning.

Child support is the responsibility of both parents. The manner in which property is divided and the earning potential of each parent (whether working or not) should have an impact on that.

The fact is 80% of divorces are being filed by women. Don't delude yourself and think this is because they are married to "bad men", because by and large, that is not the case. They are chasing the "bigger better deal", and why not when they can fund their new life style with ex's hard work.

No fault divorce, is a great deal for women, but on the whole, it and the current family court system is a bad deal for men.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Eve is a keeper. Eivan is a lucky man.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The fact is 80% of divorces are being filed by women. Don't delude yourself and think this is because they are married to "bad men", because by and large, that is not the case. They are chasing the "bigger better deal", and why not when they can fund their new life style with ex's hard work.

No fault divorce, is a great deal for women, but on the whole, it and the current family court system is a bad deal for men.
Absolutely and unequivocally true. Every. Single. Word.

No-fault divorce = no-cost divorce (for the women). The men have to finance it all.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by irfubar
Oooh marital advice on the campfire.... love this schit..... so Doc Powell.... my wife says I should buy guns when I want them... what should I do ? is this some kind of trap? Jedi mind f'ck?
Please help I am desperate

Hey...you skipped the retrospect part. It's nice that your wife gives you permission to buy guns though.

If you need her permission to buy guns, you've already lost. You just don't know it.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Cheyenne, nothing personal intended, it sounds like you may have legal training, fine. But, the interpretation of the vague laws (California in my case) allows for great latitude by the judge. If the judge so chooses, she may elect to disperse the assets in a sequence that completely negates the intent of the '50-50 split, and worse yet, make arbitrary decisions which cherry pick which assets are 'jointly acquired'. Been there, done that and believe you me man, property settlement laws are written by the caliber of fools that write gun laws. They are either idiots or agenda driven.. It's a stacked deck, and I pity the poor son of a bitch who thinks he is going to receive an equitable division of assets.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Marital advice? Ask my wife. I am quite the catch, and she has managed to keep me for 42 yrs. Probably that belly full, balls empty thing. She enjoys being penetrated.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
As my friend would say

“Crazy bitches get taken to the courthouse “

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Child support is the responsibility of both parents.

If that is true, why do the states/courts give one parent that can't/won't support their child money, food stamps and free housing, and throw the other one in jail if they won't pay for the housing, food stamps and money?

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Mine keeps me because I make her laugh and take her dancing on Saturday nights. The dancing got me that girl in early 84. We are going tonight, she wears her fitbit on her boot, be 5 to 6 miles tonight, 8 to around 1:00 AM. My ass be dragging tomorrow, was a time I could do that three or four nights a week, two is tough now, went for three hours last night. She cut me a break since I’m working today.

Last edited by hanco; 05/15/21.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

If your wife is even half way attractive, what happens when she tells the judge "but I'm unhappy, give me half of his stuff, the kids, child support and a life style I'm accustom to", while going through the 200 thirsty dude on her social media just waiting to bang her?

Of course, for those with wives who are either obese, or morbidly obese, as is the case with over 40% of women in America today, and a face that looks like 20 miles of a bad gravel road, your suggested strategy might work.

I hear ya. I'm just trying to inject some humor.

I've seen the elephant. Two failed marriages in my 20's.

Got married for the third time at 35 years old. Just recently turned 60, and celebrated 25 good years together.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You really are better off if you just piss through that thing.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by hanco
Mine keeps me because I make her laugh and take her dancing on Saturday nights. The dancing got me that girl in early 84. We are going tonight, she wears her fitbit on her boot, be 5 to 6 miles tonight, 8 to around 1:00 AM. My ass be dragging tomorrow, was a time I could do that three or four nights a week, two is tough now, went for three hours last night. She cut me a break since I’m working today.

I laugh at every picture of you as well.

LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"A good wife - is one who...

serves her husband in the morning like a mother does,

loves him in the day like a sister does,

and pleases him like a prostitute in the night."

- Chanakya -

[Linked Image from braintrustmusic.files.wordpress.com]

GR

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I hear ya. I'm just trying to inject some humor.

I've seen the elephant. Two failed marriages in my 20's.

Got married for the third time at 35 years old. Just recently turned 60, and celebrated 25 good years together.

It's all good my friend. Sorry to hear about your early education. Glad things seem to be working out better for you now.

The good news for you is at 60, a guy who takes decent care of himself can still be a good catch. For most women at that age, not so much, so unless your wife was 15 when you married her, changes are the relationship dynamic are now in your favor. Of course you still can't let up. In survey's 50% of married women admit to have a "back up plan" as in another guy, lined up in the event they decide to leave the marriage. Keep in mind, that 50% is just those who admit to a "Mr. Backup up plan", so the real number is likely higher, but you may already know this from experience.

Best of luck.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I was single for about 5 years, got plenty of boom boom, but nothing like having someone there every day.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

423 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 42 invisible), 1,526 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,238
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.