-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Throughout history technological advancement has changed life as we know it or knew it. Technology is advancing exponentially and has been for some time. It will continue to increase in the future. Things that seem impossible will become possible and even common. I have no problem with electric vehicles and wind or solar power. I do have a problem with government legislating we accept and adopt these things before the technology exists to make them cost effective. I dont think technology will advance to the point we can ski through a keyhole.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Dutch
There's probably a nugget of truth in there, but mostly by sheer luck.

The future? Follow the money. If'n'when it's cheaper, it wins.

Right now, solar is the cheapest, and still getting cheaper at 3% per year. It's going to win, we're just arguing about when.
Right now, lithium-ion is the practical champ -- but it's expensive, and not all that easy to work with. Several different solid state battery options are being touted, some of which have a 1 minute charge time. Think that would ease range anxiety a bit?
Right now everyone has their car, because that's what they want. It's always there, there are very reasonably priced options. You really think your wife is going to get into some public conveyance smelling like a subway on Sunday morning to go to church? Not happening, not ever. Owning a car, especially if it's even cheaper than it is now, will remain the standard.
Medicine, right now, is consuming 20% of our GDP. That simply is too far out of whack, and telehealth and other computer driven protocols will have a huge influence. Realistically, docs are bound hand and foot by rules, from insurance, from "standard of care", from government.
Law -- nobody cares if a bunch of lawyers lose their jobs. Until they need one.
Autonomous cars will rule. Send the car to pick little Johnny up from school and take him to soccer practice, and then home, and little Jane to piano practice. Mommy can stay on the porch drinking gin-and-tonics with her bridge club. The biggest problem will be increased urban sprawl: a two hour commute is not as big a deal when you can crawl in your bed and sleep on the way to and from work. Go to hunting camp? The truck drives while you sleep comfortably in the bed in the back.

Literally gayer'n aids.

You should write articles for Twink 'n Bear monthly.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 45_100
Throughout history technological advancement has changed life as we know it or knew it. Technology is advancing exponentially and has been for some time. It will continue to increase in the future. Things that seem impossible will become possible and even common. I have no problem with electric vehicles and wind or solar power. I do have a problem with government legislating we accept and adopt these things before the technology exists to make them cost effective. I dont think technology will advance to the point we can ski through a keyhole.

If the government was legislating green edicts for the good of the planet, for the good of the people...I wouldn't be so hostile to the green movement. But, the reality is every single goddam time, when you drill down into one of these government green edicts, you find politicians who are deeply pre-invested and set to benefit. Pelosi and gang for instance, Newsom and the railroad to nowhere, Harry Reid ass deep in solar farms, basically Chinese shadow companies. It just goes on and on. After all, we have the best government money can buy.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by 45_100

If the government was legislating green edicts for the good of the planet, for the good of the people...I wouldn't be so hostile to the green movement. But, the reality is every single goddam time, when you drill down into one of these government green edicts, you find politicians who are deeply pre-invested and set to benefit. Pelosi and gang for instance, Newsom and the railroad to nowhere, Harry Reid ass deep in solar farms, basically Chinese shadow companies. It just goes on and on. After all, we have the best government money can buy.

You know, politicians scamming is a fact of life, hardly exclusive to "green" energy. It's just that the social justice fervor gives them cover.

My biggest problem is EVERY SINGLE TIME the government gets involved it stifles innovation, slows down progress, and makes things more expensive. But, do-gooders will always want to be do-gooders, no matter how much evil they have to do to get there....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Literally gayer'n aids.

That's your fantasy, not mine....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe the Constiturion is the supreme law of the land, therefore I believe at least 95% of the federal government is unconstitutional. I also believe in letting free market forces dictate consumerism. Electric vehicles and alternate energy sources are the future but the government has no authority to mandate we accept them.

I read a piece the other day about how they estimate the range of electric vehicles. It is done on a dynamometer and usually gives a higher than actual estimate. There was a chart showing the range of different vehicles. I think Tesla was near the top with an estimate of almost 400 miles. Some of the others were below 200 miles. It might work for some people but we couldn't go to Tucson and back home without having to charge the battery.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JUST HOW MUCH do we rely on fossel fuels ,carbon based products to build and keep our world going do not include gas diesel and jet fuel, me thinks that we need to keep on drilling,

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"In 1998, Kodak had 170,000 employees and sold 85% of all photo paper worldwide. Within just a few years, their business model disappeared and they went bankrupt. Who would have thought of that ever happening?"

I used to be a professional photographer. The only film was Kodak. The film cans were yellow, the boxes that printing paper came in were yellow, we called Eastman Kodak "The Yellow Giant." Back in the seventies, they looked as invincible as Sears Roebuck.

Today, gone with the wind. Unbelievable.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

buy them all cheep put motorcycle engines in them with the cavate that the french are responsible for battery disposal.

or make them into homeless shelters

Last edited by norm99; 05/16/21. Reason: more crazy ideas

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Electricity will not get cheaper

But but but oboma said basic staples will be far less money than they are when he took charge. I mean Biden, now.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Literally gayer'n aids.

Go take a nap in your Jetsons tube.

You describe more and more a workers paradise.

Unless you plan on getting rid of half the worlds population......these ideas where we replace everyone with robots and self driving cars are ludicrous.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Literally gayer'n aids.

Go take a nap in your Jetsons tube.

You describe more and more a workers paradise.

Unless you plan on getting rid of half the worlds population......these ideas where we replace everyone with robots and self driving cars are ludicrous.

You don’t think that’s coming?
Probably be lucky if they stop at half. The massive push to consolidate power and to control every aspect of our lives isnt happening by chance. It’s gonna be the farthest thing from a paradise.

Last edited by jackmountain; 05/16/21.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Electricity will not get cheaper
The average life of a windmill is 20 years. It takes the output of the 1st 10 years to pay for it. Then it only has 10 productive years. It can't be recycled so it's scrapped. That's not saving anyone any money. If it wasn't for government incentives, they'd go bankrupt.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
That windmill has 150 gallons of OIL in it. Ever wonder how many birds each windmill will murder in it's twenty year lifespan? They eat up farmland just like solar panels do. Both of them are toxic to the environment so disposal is problematic. It's just another democrat idea of how to piss into the wind and not get wet. If it's your thing good for you just don't make me pay to subsidize it.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

There is nothing wrong with wind power. Or solar.
Or hydro....or coal or any of them.

When we invade Norway or Denmark to get their wind turbines....I will change my mind.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
A few fugging birds......jeebus.

How much money and lives did the Bush clan waste in the middle east?

Birds......schit.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Them wind tunnels the tree huggers planted here in Texas didn’t work out so good this winter for lots of folks. They froze up and were as useless as an elevator in an outhouse. The Greenie New Deal Weenies can go Fu*k a knothole in a stump

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Zero percent of our food is grown with wind and solar. Electricity can't make anhydrous ammonia or pesticides. The Green New Deal is a suicide pact.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (1OntarioJim, 320090T, 6mmCreedmoor, AceBall, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 15 invisible), 1,040 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,137
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.