Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
You should be able to do that, fester........even with your limp-wrister 10 round magazines.

Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by deflave
The targets are five yards away.

LOL

Yeah hitting that gong 5 yards away🙄.

Guy is impressive......

Glad to see your back running your cack holster again!

Who said I have 10 round mags, f uck face?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like a great guy. And he reviews some nice stuff. Shoots pretty good too.

But watching his videos are like going shopping for fishing equipment. It's about stuff I like doing, but it's NOT doing what I like.

I look at his channel and sometimes watch a part of a video. Til he gets to the table and starts talking. If he'd keep all his videos under 10 minutes he'd be better.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
He is a nice guy in person too. I traded rifles with him awhile back. He had a Marlin Marauder 30-30 he traded for my straight stock Marlin 35 which shows up in couple of his videos. He is about 6'8" too.

TnBigBore;
Good morning to you sir, I hope that your part of the world is getting the weather you're needing and that all who matter to you are well.

Thanks for the post and for confirming both the nature and size of the chap in the videos.

Sometimes I've found, like many things I've found it the hard way, folks who do video reviews might be more helpful if they'd start it with, "Oh by the way I can palm a basketball with these mitts!" laugh

Now for sure and certain at 5'6" I'm no giant, but usually buy medium or large gloves - yes "men's" gloves too for those of you inclined to be unkind to short folks. wink

I purchased a ZT folding knife one time based on the online review of such a chap and when it got here I was somewhat surprised at how big it really was.

Then too, I recall reading a rifle review by Brian Pierce where he was in the picture and it appeared to be carbine sized. When I asked our resident gun writer John Barsness just how tall Brian might be, he confirmed my suspicions that he's not a small man and then the photo made more sense.

Anyways, all that to say when I started watching Hickock45 and saw some of the pistols I've shot look very different in his hands, I suspected he was not a smallish fellow.

Thanks again and all the best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I covet his range set up.

Had something similar in an earlier life and miss it.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by johnw

But watching his videos are like going shopping for fishing equipment. It's about stuff I like doing, but it's NOT doing what I like.

I look at his channel and sometimes watch a part of a video. Til he gets to the table and starts talking. If he'd keep all his videos under 10 minutes he'd be better.

I guess his fans disagree with you. Have you noticed his subscription numbers?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't award the expert marksmanship badge for the shooting demo in that video clip.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Haven't watched all of his stuff, but from what I have seen he lives by the motto "If you can't say something nice about a gun, don't say anything at all." He seems never to have met a gun he didn't like. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Haven't watched all of his stuff, but from what I have seen he lives by the motto "If you can't say something nice about a gun, don't say anything at all." He seems never to have met a gun he didn't like. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Not true. He says what he likes and what he doesn't like about every gun he reviews, and will not accept firearms from manufacturers for review so he will not feel beholden to them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That was Jeff Quinn, RIP.

Hickok45's videos are entertaining, mostly because of his gentlemanly personality, and somewhat informative. I'm never all that enthralled by watching someone else shoot but at least he does give some history and various info about the firearms. The worst videos are just some guy shooting for 20 minutes without saying much of anything about the firearm, and the very worst ones are the amateurs with a new gun who post vids of themselves shooting their new toy and being very obvious about not knowing much about it or about firearms in general - or video production values.

In unrelated news - don't comment much on youtube and even then mostly to thank someone for making a good video but had to make a comment about a guy reviewing a motorcycle I was interested in. He never gave any info at all on the bike, he just stuck a Go-Pro on the handlebar and subjected the viewer to 10 minutes of driving down some highway while he kept saying how "awesome!" the bike was. "Oh man, this is awesome!" "This thing really corners f*ckin' awesome!" Please, at least video yourself crashing so we'd have something to laugh about.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
By definition a Frontier Six Shooter is a 44-40....not a 45.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Caplock

Who said it was a 45?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll say nothing at all..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Caplock

Who said it was a 45?

Here's a full video where it is specifically stated at the 12:26 mark to be a 44-40. Before that he had said it was "44 caliber".

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Not true. He says what he likes and what he doesn't like about every gun he reviews, and will not accept firearms from manufacturers for review so he will not feel beholden to them.

As for not accepting firearms from mfrs for review, that's certainly to his credit but still seems that he's very positive about every gun I've seen him review. Undoubtedly I have too small a sample size to have seen those which he didn't like.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Amen.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I.have to admit, about the only time I watch him is when TRH posts one of his reviews. He seems like a nice, easy-going guy who, unlike a lot of i’net personalities, doesn’t pretend to be something he’s not. Beyond that, I’ve no idea if he’s a good shot (of what kind???). I do admire the guy, he seems to be making a pretty good living pretty much just having fun.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Guessing that the large majority of his fans are occasional shooters. And there's really nothing wrong with that. I'm trending that way myself. It's Tuesday afternoon and I haven't fired a shot this calendar week, as of yet.
But I'm 63 years old and began shooting when I was 7. I get bored easily watching someone compare grip shapes and sizes in detail.

When I first found the videos by Paul Harrell, I though he had a lot of good content. He seems to have run out of stuff to say. But he's still talking...

Rather spend 10 minutes at the dirt pile shooting than an hour of watching stale videos, but that's just my take...

I still click on both Hickok and Harrell every couple of weeks to see if they've got anything compelling. 10 minutes or so between them generally catches me up sufficiently...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

LOL

not all of them

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C

Guessing that the large majority of his fans are occasional shooters. And there's really nothing wrong with that. I'm trending that way myself. It's Tuesday afternoon and I haven't fired a shot this calendar week, as of yet.
But I'm 63 years old and began shooting when I was 7. I get bored easily watching someone compare grip shapes and sizes in detail.

When I first found the videos by Paul Harrell, I though he had a lot of good content. He seems to have run out of stuff to say. But he's still talking...

Rather spend 10 minutes at the dirt pile shooting than an hour of watching stale videos, but that's just my take...

I still click on both Hickok and Harrell every couple of weeks to see if they've got anything compelling. 10 minutes or so between them generally catches me up sufficiently...

I would agree...but hen, most gun owners are casual shooters. People into it with the intensity of many (most?) here wouldn’t find too much in-depth content in what he does...just see a particular gun get fired and a brief, “Here’s what I like/don’t like about this gun.” There’s probably a lot more money to be made catering to the new/casual gun owner than to us.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

LOL

not all of them

The ones he was shooting appear to be between 5-10yds.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 160user, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,843
Posts18,517,227
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.