Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 41 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 40 41
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Listen,.... The Messiah didn't pull up to no campfire,... ever.

It's hottern a popcorn fart in the Middle East and ain't nobody need a fire.

And even if he did find some fools sittin' 'round a fire he wouldn't take off and carry own like no Jerry Falwell.

I mean,... look at a pic of Jerry Falwell.

He all swelled up wearin' that Hart, Shafter, and Marx suit,... Johnston Murphey shoes,... silk tie,...prolly even got own some Pierre fuggin' Cardin boxer shorts,...

I'm tellin' ya what,...

When the Messiah hits land agin',.... he ain't gonna look like no Jerry Falwell,... and he damned sure ain't gonna be no Jimmy Swaggart,...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rogue
Just rename the forum, "We Protestants are going to Heaven, Everyone else is going to Hell."

I poked my head down there every so often to see a bunch of self rightous ego maniacs condemning me to Hell as a "Mormon Cultist". Every time I said to myself, "self I wonder how long until they start bashing Catholics or Pentacostals or Luths or whoever else."

Great way to testify of Christ, alienate everyone, insult and condemn them all to rot in eternal hellfire-damnation-sin then maybe they'll listen to you.

Did someone say there something about a bear forum?

In all fairness, I don't believe it is appropriate to attribute the stuff that was going on at CATC to "Protestants," or even particulalry to one denomination. It was a core group of guys who led the posse, and more than a few Protestants were as aggrieved as Catholics were. And I know for a fact there are misguided Catholics who would do the same toward Protestants.

Casting stones is NOT what this is about for me.

I received this PM just a few hours ago, and something told me I should ask for permission to cut and paste it. Lo and behold, it fits in perfectly here to illustrate the point, so here goes:

"RickBin, I've never been really active on the site but lurk here almost every day. I am a Pastor in a large Presbyterian church. I enjoy respectful discussion on religious topics, even debates on the good and bad of different denominations. That said, I never spent a lot of time on CATC because of the out-and-out bigotry and hatred expressed by some. I REALLY appreciate the "concept" of CATC but agree with you that in reality it didn't work. Wise choice on your part.

God bless you."

This is the only PM that I have actually asked permission to cut-and-paste, but I promise you, there are many more just like that from Protestants.

What was happening in CATC was un-CHRISTIAN, and Protestants and Catholics alike, and now Mormons, expressed their opposition.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
upon more reflection, I think I'll just go to bed.

grin

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
UN-CHRISTIAN is absolutely correct. Thank you, Rick.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rick, those guys weren't protestants, I am releated to enough of them, they were the extreme side of the born again faith. That is what frustrates me, if you aren't born again, you aren't good enough, i'm gonna shut up about this before I get going to much. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many who try to spread the word never got the message

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There it is! Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Long time Sun shine on this Campfire....,

Grace it, with the rejuvenating rays of natural growth.

Like Nature's miracle, ....photosynthesis.

Fresh green food, for us, and our children,

and the critters that graze, so we can kill 'em,

with Reverance.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rick,

As always, you exercise superb judgement, incredible paitence, and extreme maturity as you administer this website.

I bailed on CATC a long time ago. It had become THE most contentious site on the entire forum and and embarassment to Christianty. I finally just refused to be associated with and drawn into that type of interaction. I need no "help" in confronting what I disagree with.............. wink

I accepted Jesus Christ--the risen Lord, God come in the flesh, fully God and fully Man, 40 yrs ago. I believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible Word of God in it's original autographs and what have today is 99%+ what was contained in the original autographs. Further, the 1% of "questioned" text is absolutely insignificant to God's message to humanity and is solid proof that God has preserved His Word to us. I am a card-carrying conservative Evangelical Christian, for those who prefer labels.

So one would think I'd be among the few "futile-mentalists" that would be in agreement with their typically "righteously narrow" view. After, only the select few truly follow the straight and narrow path that leads to heaven...........Right?

The issue is is the handful of knuckleheads who made CATC an unwelcoming and judgemental place were among the "ignorant arrogant." When coming across ANY disagreement with their myopic little canned view of God--as if any human mind can fully understand Him, they'd elevate their OPINION about God and His Word above all else, never even considering if their understanding might be justa little faulty here and thered That was stupid beyond belief and a sign of a VERY immature faith. ALL our own understandings--ESPECIALLY MINE--are faulty this side of Glory, and those truly secure in their faith in God have no need to call fellow Christian brothers "deceived of Satan" just because of a disagreement on a "disputible matters" (NIV) or if you prefer, "doubtful disputations" (KJV). Rom 14:1.

Now there are some who are going to cry foul at my comments. Just do an search of their posts on CATC and see if they fit what I desribed.

CATC should have been a place where bothers and sisters--bound by their love and commitment to Jesus Christ, could edify each other and build one another up. Ocassionally CATC would tease us with doing that, but in the end it would denegrate again into contentious bickering, self-aggrandizement, and righteous posturing. We should have been able to share our views form our varied backgrounds and helped us all broaden our understanding of the things of God. I have had many face-to-face Bible studies where belivers of highly diverse background came together and united in their desire to lift Him up and grow to be more like Him.

That was not CATC. In fact, CATC brought out the worst in ALL of us. None of us that ever were active at CATC can claim to be without blame in our behavior there. Rick was right to kill it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got home from a nice hunt up in God's county glassing for bears. You guys are good people, I'm sorry to say I let myself get to motivated this afternoon. Have a good night sleep and God bless you and your families.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rogue:

No worries my friend. I've been a little "motivated" too. grin

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gone Fishin'

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tracks
Many who try to spread the word never got the message

Eleven words that say it all................Thanks

Mark

smile

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sometimes one can find themselves thinking that they are further down the road than they truly are. He will look down his spiritual nose at others in a prideful, condescending way, thinking that they are so immature. His problem stems from pride and a critical spirit.

He may have more information than the other person, but knowing and being are not one and the same thing. Information or knowledge puffs up (1 Cor. 8:1) but love
builds up. God has invested much in us and we must continually be applying it to
every relationship and circumstance in or for it to benefit the Kingdom and bring
glory to Jesus.

1. LOVE JESUS AND SPEND TIME WITH HIM EACH DAY. Matt 28:22 Mark 1:35

Don't rush off each morning without getting alone with him. You will find
yourself missing sweet communion then and all though the day. This is the motor
of everything in which we are involved. If Jesus needed to depart to a solitary place
to pray, how much more do we? It is more than a routine of reading out of a
devotional book: it is meeting with God himself. The acrostic ACTS is the
guideline for having time alone with the Lord. Adoration and praise, Confession
of personal sin. Thanksgiving and Supplication. Read from God's Word and apply
it to your life and circumstances. This is a time of opening our hearts up to him,
seeking His face, and giving Him time to speak. Time spent with our Master sets the
tone for the day, preparing us to allow Him to live out His life and power though us.

2. SEEK TO SERVE OTHERS. Colossians 3:23-24, Ephesians 6:7-8

Someone said, "I love the ministry, but people are such a chore." My friend,
people are the ministry. Begin with your family, closest friends and co-workers
and serve them knowing that it is the Lord Christ you are serving. Ask the Lord to
show you opportunities to serve others. Matthew 20:28 says that Jesus did not
come to be served but to serve and we need to be serving in order to imitate.
Our service is actually not for the one we are serving but for the Lord. Too often
the higher we get in leadership the less we serve which is a direct contradiction
of the Christian life.

3. LIVE FOR THE GLORY OF GOD. 1 Corinthians 10:31, Revelation 4:11-12, John 12:43

Many times we fell like no one recognizes and appreciates us for the exemplary
way we act and the good things we do. Humility is not thinking lowly of yourself,
It is not thinking of yourself at all. We are not to live for personal recognition.
We're not even to bring attention to our church, denomination, or any individual.
Our goal is to point to Jesus because He alone is due all honor, praise and glory.
The Bible tells us, "Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing."
Be careful to live your life in such a way that brings all glory to God.

4. IN EVERYTHING GIVE THANKS. 1 Thessalonians 5:18, Ephesians 5:20

Have an attitude of gratitude. Situations occur which, humanly speaking,
call for fear, complaining or self pity. There will be instances in which you will
scratch your head and wonder how you can give thanks for a particular situation.
Christ in us, the hope and glory (Col 1:27) will enable us to look beyond
The present and temporal to seeing that God has a hand in ALL THINGS making us
more like Him. God will be glorified and praised as you thank Him without
understanding.

5. PRAISE THE LORD! Philippians 4:4:, 11-14

Paul wrote the book of Philippians from prison. He says that we must learn the
secret of being content in every situation. God has me right where we are and we
need to resist the temptation of "greener pastures". Always remember that the
grass may seem greener on the other side but you do not know their water bill.
When we praise the Lord it take the attention off of ourselves and our abilities,
and transfer it to the One who can see what we cannot and knows what we do not.
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine,
according to his power that is at work throughout all generations, forever and ever." Ephesians 3:20

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I once saw a quote that went something like: the measure of a Christian is that he is a joy-bearing agent to his fellow man. Probably not a part of any church's doctrine and is no doubt at odds with some, but I always liked that. Best, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
That definately works ...... I can't begin to count how many times just a simple "how ya doing? " " I'm fine, how bout you?" "I'm a blessed man, thanks for asking." puts a smile on some ones face and increases their day ten fold by their own addmission......but it is tough to do always cause we're not perfect .......... I heard a funny quote the other day when this man said "there are two things I know for sure .. one, there is definitely a God ....... and two, I'm not him." (grin)

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Looks like 5 easy steps to a happy life! Thanks for sharing that!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It really is THAT simple in my opinion .Easy to understand perfectly but impossible to do perfectly .

However , it's one of those deals where even the most meager of efforts in the correct direction pays dividends .To paraphrase another [ better ] writer : To the PRECISE extent that I let God run my life do I experience true PEACE .

[ and if the bible don't say that , it ought to !]

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thank you for sharing!

Love God first, and then love everyone else! You can't go wrong. laugh

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Groan...................

Sam......

Page 25 of 41 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 163bc, 10Glocks, 308ld, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 1,820 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,214
Posts18,503,943
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.