Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't bought a vehicle in about 7 years. Every single one of them these days seems to have this "feature". Whenever you come to a complete stop at a light with your foot on the brake, it turns the dang engine off and waits for you to start pulling your foot off the brake. Then it starts the engine again. WTF over. Yet another incredibly asinine idea, thanks to the green idiots out there.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have two vehicles that have that feature, an Audi and a Porsche, and both allow disabling said feature.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Supposed to cut down on emissions. Guess no one cares about having to replace starters, batteries, engines, oil etc more often. Another genius idea from the fake science cult.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My F150 has a button on the dash you have to hit every time you start the vehicle. It also has a wire to the battery you can just unplug and tape off.

Now with even more aplomb
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They really not all like that or at the very least you can disable that feature. You know, disabled like Birdfugker and Beaver.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by EdM
I have two vehicles that have that feature, an Audi and a Porsche, and both allow disabling said feature.

We are some smart peeps

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM

All the ones I have seen claim they allow disabling the feature but it's only disabled for since you manually started the vehicle. In other words, it defaults back to being on every time you manually start the vehicle. Yeah, it's not a big deal disabling it every time you start it. It's only one button to press. But it the principle of it that pisses me off. If yours allow you to permanently disable it, consider yourself lucky because the vast majority I have seen don't.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I see a company that sells a gadget that I assume is nothing more than a relay and a capacity that plugs inline with the disable button that causes it to turn off every time the vehicle is started. Only hassle there is pulling off some dash panels to get to the back of the button. Not to bad and every time I start the truck, I will have a smile on my face knowing some douchebag green weasel didn't force me to do something grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A buddy of mine showed me the trick on the Ford. He said unplugging that wire was the first “mod” he did to all his new trucks. No downside, that I’ve noticed yet. It should be that way on all vehicles with that feature, just like unplugging the door/key buzzers in days past.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can turn it off in the driver “settings” on the Ford pickups.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/25/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
On the Fords that don't have an obvious disable setting, I bet you can use that free Forscan (not foreskin you pervs) software on a laptop plugged into the OBD2 and turn it off. Wish there was something similar for GM rigs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like a great plan to make the first moron at a red light delay their start by another 5 seconds and let three cars through before it’s red again.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
with my 2017 f 150, I just installed a jumper wire, a small one from like a home thermostat, plug both ends into the plug that goes to the switch and it turns the switch off automatically everytime. I did that the first week of owning the truck.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JPro
A buddy of mine showed me the trick on the Ford. He said unplugging that wire was the first “mod” he did to all his new trucks. No downside, that I’ve noticed yet. It should be that way on all vehicles with that feature, just like unplugging the door/key buzzers in days past.

Jpro, I think that wire also moderates other electrical features in the truck other than the auto stop feature. Not sure, but don't think you are just turning off the auto stop.

There are small plug-in wiring harnesses that are easy to install and remember the button setting you hit last. Other than a re-tune, these seem like the most elegant solution

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by EdM

All the ones I have seen claim they allow disabling the feature but it's only disabled for since you manually started the vehicle. In other words, it defaults back to being on every time you manually start the vehicle. Yeah, it's not a big deal disabling it every time you start it. It's only one button to press. But it the principle of it that pisses me off. If yours allow you to permanently disable it, consider yourself lucky because the vast majority I have seen don't.

The Porsche requires that, the Audi stays disabled.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by JPro

Jpro, I think that wire also moderates other electrical features in the truck other than the auto stop feature. Not sure, but don't think you are just turning off the auto stop.

There are small plug-in wiring harnesses that are easy to install and remember the button setting you hit last. Other than a re-tune, these seem like the most elegant solution

Yep, if you pull the wire off the brake you might want to verify you have brake lights on your trailer next time you hook up.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
A neighbor down the road has that on his new Ford Pickup. He purchased a gadget that plugs into his trailer harness. Solved the problem. His dealer salesman told him about it. Googlefy it maybe?

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
GF has had it on her car for years - zero issues/complaints.
Father has it on his cars for years - zero issues/complaints.
Brother has it on his new Chev - 13k miles, zero issues/complaints. I drove the truck this week to move some stuff - basically not a problem.
GF's father is a retired, 40+ year Ford mechanic. Retired 2 years ago. He has it on his vehicles - zero issues or complaints and said that basically they've never had issue with it in the shop, at least not enough to make him worry about it on his stuff.

I suspect whatever vehicle I buy next will have it - I'm not concerned.

Me

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yet another incredibly asinine idea, thanks to the green idiots out there.
THAT, in SPADES!!!

Originally Posted by Gibby
A neighbor down the road has that on his new Ford Pickup. He purchased a gadget that plugs into his trailer harness. Solved the problem. His dealer salesman told him about it.
Yep - when a trailer's hooked up (or in this case, scammed to believe there's one) it disables that totally idiotic piece of techno crap..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Supposed to cut down on emissions. Guess no one cares about having to replace starters, batteries, engines, oil etc more often. Another genius idea from the fake science cult.

Auto and parts makers will be glad to sell you anything on that shopping list so they are all for it. It becomes obvious that big business and the government are in bed together but they are not screwing each, rather screwing us the consumer.

That idea is a lot like most if not all "green initiatives". They are not very good and would not hold up in an actual free market because the increased cost are more than whatever savings you might get and do not make economic sense. It takes more energy to build a windmill than any energy it might produce over its lifetime, it takes more than a gallon of diesel fuel to produce a gallon of ethanol. Musk has never made any actual money selling Teslas, but has done rather well with government subsidies, selling carbon offsets, and trading/manipulating Bitcoin.....etc.

In a nutshell, very few would buy that schit unless forced. They are forced in the name of "saving the planet".

Last edited by RJY66; 05/26/21.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 22250rem, 219DW, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,799
Posts18,496,275
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.