Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
An ancestor of mine was a judge for the Salem witch trials. Somehow I don't think those judges had a whole lot of credibility.

Interesting! One of my grandmothers was Martha Carrier, convicted and executed for witchcraft at Salem.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
On my Dad's side, we were salt merchants going all the way back we managed to buy ourselves a cardinalship and a small barony outside of Munich. That had all evaporated by WWI. Our only big mark on history is that our family was one of the first to give succor to Martin Luther. However, we do have one sincere character in our ranks: my great-grandfather, Georg, is still considered the patron saint of drinking in Marburg, the oldest college town in Western Europe. His bust appears in the pubs.

On Mom's side, I'm related to the Plymouth Rock Wetbacks. We are also kin to the Shreves. The most notable of these was Henry Miller Shreve. Shreve built the first steamboat to go all the way up the Mississippi. He later invented the snagboat and cleared the Red River. Shreveport LA is named for him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Miller_Shreve

KYHillChicks kin are also quite interesting. On one side, she's related to Tecumseh. On the other, Mary Ball, George Washington's mother. Her kin were at Kings Mountain. Her one relative was the one that was put in charge of the British prisoners.

The association between the Balls and the Shreves go all the way back to the court of Elizabeth I. Our marriage is not the first of its kind. We've also documented her Acadian side (the ones with ties to Tecumseh) being at New Madrid while Henry Miller Shreve was there plotting out the town's streets.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fifth cousin was Ingemar Johanson. Other than that mostly farmers and carpenters in Sweden.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Farther of the Texas panhandle ranchers, Charles Goodnight, is somewhere in my roots.

Yep, Beav has some Tejas blood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Goodnight

Advance payment for Flave....GFY

Laffin

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Very unfashionable on the 'fire to admit to being an old Californian...but it is what it is...The miners came in '49
The whores in '51
And when they got together
They made a native son.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
One of my forebears married Miles Standish’s daughter

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
An ancestor of mine was a judge for the Salem witch trials. Somehow I don't think those judges had a whole lot of credibility.

Interesting! One of my grandmothers was Martha Carrier, convicted and executed for witchcraft at Salem.

Just how old are you?!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
One ancestor owned the land that is now Arlington national cemetery.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Robert E. Lee?

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Robert E. Lee?

Or, Martha Washington?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Christopher Columbus, George Washington , Andrew Jackson , Hercules, Conan the Destroyer, Sitting Bull , George Costanza , Ben Franklin, Maya Angelou

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Christopher Columbus, George Washington , Andrew Jackson , Hercules, Conan the Destroyer, Sitting Bull , George Costanza , Ben Franklin, Maya Angelou

Founder

WS

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
..........Oprah, Obammy, Cher , Sonny,

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
And Richard Pryor!

Founder

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Robert E. Lee?

College: Tony was from Kentucky. Joe was from Iowa. During a history discussion, Tony kept referring to "Robert A. Lay". Joe, always one to try to make people comfortable, at one point abandoned his "Robert E. Lee" and referred to "Robert A. Lay". At this point, Tony, always as nice as could be, corrected Joe that it was pronounced "Robert A. Lay", not "Robert A.Lay".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by llama2
He is a couple, don’t know how wild they were.

- Abraham Lincoln is my 3rd cousin (5x - generation’s removed)
his GG (Enoch Flowers) grandfather is my 7th GG. His daughter Rebecca Flowers married John Lincoln and her sister Elizabeth Flowers is my 6th GG.

- Cyrus McCormick - inventor of the reaper is also my 3rd cousin ( 5x gen. removed). We share a great grandfather . Cyrus McCormick was also born same year as Lincoln ( 1809).

- John Finley is my 6th great grandfather, and he was a good friend and path finder guide of Daniel Boone.

- Polly Finley ( wife of Davy Crockett ) is a cousin of mine. See above, she shares a GG of mine and John Finley.

A few other interesting people, ( even a couple Native American wives thrown in) but no others as well known as some of the ones above.

My family has extensive records of Geneology since most of my ancestors lines have been here in US since 1600’s. Most were big farm land owners and patriots that have been here for long time. And most of those sons and daughters tended to marry into the various big families that were in the area.

Besides my Geneology records that we have, I have been able to confirm through DNA match’s these record connections.

Most all of my Dad’s side of the family came from the farm lands in Pennsylvania. Schooly’s; McCormick’s; Hunter’s; Oakes; etc.

Looks like we are related...mccormicks here too along with Finleys...polly and John. Small world.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
And Richard Pryor!

And Gene Wilder, Rodney Dangerfield

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
And if you really roll up your sleeves and dig in to the genealogy CEASAR

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If your grandparents didn't have any children, it is probable that your parents didn't have any either.
(Please don't do the adoption thing - that isn't what we are talking about here.)

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
my wife`s great grandparents were from Germany and Norway ,my great grandparents one from Germany , Sweden, Ireland so we both come from the Norseman clans ,big people, boozers and fighters. my Grandfather was with John Dillinger , many American soldiers in wars in my wife`s family and my family too ,none of us like what Biden/Harris are doing to America.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1337Fungi, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 21, 49 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,767
Posts18,476,729
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.