Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
My ancestors were all good-looking.

French likely

Naah, Ancestry.com nailed it down to like a city block in SW Ireland, which agrees with what we know. Turns out the reason they could be so specific was like three generations of inbreeding leading up to the famine. Once word got out Ancestry.com ain’t that specific anymore 🙃

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Daniel Boone, Gen. Francis Marion.

i am connected to boone too. one of mine, married one of his daughters.

Another Boone descendent here. Daniel's sister's side.
The Waner brothers, Paul and Lloyd, baseball HOF
Wife's side: Sir John Hawkins, English naval commander, privateer, and slave trader

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Colorado14er
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog
Originally Posted by Colorado14er
Frank and Jesse James along with Cole Younger are cousins of mine somewhere on my dad's side.

We may be kin.
My Mother's maternal Grandmother was a cousin to Bersheba Younger, Mother of Cole. Their maiden name was Fristoe. My Mother's last surviving sibling has told me of their Grandmother, who knew them, saying " those boys didn't do everything they were accused of". I've not found any family connection to the James's but the Dalton's were cousins to the Youngers.
Bersheba, Cole, Jim and Bob are buried in Lees Summit in the cemetery on the west side of 281.

They used to live up the street here back in
the 1800's with Belle Starr when they called
this neighborhood the old Scyene community
When I was young, there was the remnants of
one of the old livery stables that rented horses
and buggies and leased stable stalls.
An uncle used to lease it for his horse pasture
years ago.

The father of Cole and the rest was Henry, who was wealthy and owned liveries and had a Postal concession and from what I've read was a peacefull man who did his best to remain neutral to all of the political drama but was robbed during Jim Lane's raid on Oceola and on other occasions and eventually murdered while traveling on business near the Little Blue just east of KC and when found was still wearing a moneybelt full of $$$. So not a robbery.
I wish school children would learn about the Jayhawkers and Red Legs and Jim Lane and General Order #11 but that's all being omitted. Might just change the narrative of what really happened.

Quite interesting. I have never done any research on them. Just going by what my dad told me growing up. I believe Cole Younger is the closer connection and I was always told by dad he was a cousin of the James boys. Guess I should look into it more.

Thanks

Jesse is buried in Kearney MO. and Bob Ford ( his killer) is buried in Richmond MO. maybe an hours drive apart. Ford was killed in Creede CO. and brought back to MO. ... I've always thought that odd.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mayflower on my mother's side (Tilley, Priest , and Howland). Pocahontas' father (er maybe grandfather) on the other.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Aaron Burr.

Guess ole Alex Hamilton should have thought twice about messing with my kin! grin

So, how many generations does this feud last? Do I have to put you on ignore? grin

Nah, I wasn't even aware of the connection until one of my paternal uncles did his genealogy recently and let us know.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky
I love these threads on the campfire . About like reading an onion article some of you are so full of BS. It’s cheap entertainment though. Keep the BS coming!

Everything I've posted is true and have the documents to back it up, my uncle spent yrs researching this stuff, we are members of the sons of the republic of texas and my uncle's, sons of the American revolution. I never got into it as much as they did.

Not you Stx, you are one of the more interesting cats on here.

D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Steve
Mayflower on my mother's side (Tilley, Priest , and Howland). Pocahontas' father (er maybe grandfather) on the other.

Well then, you and I are distant cousins.

Be not weary in well doing.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by llama2
He is a couple, don’t know how wild they were.

- Abraham Lincoln is my 3rd cousin (5x - generation’s removed)
his GG (Enoch Flowers) grandfather is my 7th GG. His daughter Rebecca Flowers married John Lincoln and her sister Elizabeth Flowers is my 6th GG.

- Cyrus McCormick - inventor of the reaper is also my 3rd cousin ( 5x gen. removed). We share a great grandfather . Cyrus McCormick was also born same year as Lincoln ( 1809).

- John Finley is my 6th great grandfather, and he was a good friend and path finder guide of Daniel Boone.

- Polly Finley ( wife of Davy Crockett ) is a cousin of mine. See above, she shares a GG of mine and John Finley.

A few other interesting people, ( even a couple Native American wives thrown in) but no others as well known as some of the ones above.

My family has extensive records of Geneology since most of my ancestors lines have been here in US since 1600’s. Most were big farm land owners and patriots that have been here for long time. And most of those sons and daughters tended to marry into the various big families that were in the area.

Besides my Geneology records that we have, I have been able to confirm through DNA match’s these record connections.

Most all of my Dad’s side of the family came from the farm lands in Pennsylvania. Schooly’s; McCormick’s; Hunter’s; Oakes; etc.

Looks like we are related...mccormicks here too along with Finleys...polly and John. Small world.

We probably are. I thought that also when you mentioned Polly Finley earlier.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My great-grandpa was the ultimate wild ancestor!

A drunk Irishman who pilfered a dairy in San Franciso one night and was caught the next day - from then on he was known as "The Butter Bandit".

I guess that's why I'm the crazy wild guy I am!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by denton
Originally Posted by Steve

Well then, you and I are distant cousins.

Like 15 times removed. Unless someone wasn't being honest about who they were diddling.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Thomas Paine. Explains a few things.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
An ancestor of mine was a judge for the Salem witch trials. Somehow I don't think those judges had a whole lot of credibility.

Interesting! One of my grandmothers was Martha Carrier, convicted and executed for witchcraft at Salem.

Martha was my 8th great grandmother on my dad's side. Are you the rich cousin I've been looking for?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I'm related to Martha through my mom's people. I'm not rich, but I do believe River_ridge could square up with us nicely for our 329 year old family hurt and trauma by providing us each with some sort of Blaser rifle.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Thomas Paine. Explains a few things.

Are you familiar with a gentleman named Moncure Conway?

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by pabucktail
I'm related to Martha through my mom's people. I'm not rich, but I do believe River_ridge could square up with us nicely for our 329 year old family hurt and trauma by providing us each with some sort of Blaser rifle.

#reparations

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm related to myself, and my relatives, and that is good enough for me.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My ancestors spend eternity bragging that they are related to me. grin

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
^^^^good one

Be not weary in well doing.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
The Cherokee women must have either been the biggest whores ever or the.men were the ultimate cockhounds. Many people that lives within 100 miles of the trail claims they have some Cherokee blood in them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
The Cherokee women must have either been the biggest whores ever or the.men were the ultimate cockhounds. Many people that lives within 100 miles of the trail claims they have some Cherokee blood in them.

a lot of them would be proven wrong with a DNA test.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 1badf350, 21, 50 invisible), 2,206 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,767
Posts18,476,729
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.