Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Yes, I was almost drowned in a pond by a bible thumper. Got a lot of grief for fighting and biting his hand when he launched into a mini sermon while he held me under. Gave a lot of grief years later when I went to an uptown church that had the little swimming pool behind the pulpit. Those kids barely got wet.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
Who is “saved” will only be determined at God’s Judgment, according to the Bible. Folks can quote their favorite Bible version “proof texts” till the cows come home, but God says in His Scriptures that ALL people will be “judged by their actions”; not whether they “believe” in something, or attend “church” or “tithe” regularly. If I remember correctly, Jesus says at least 7 times in the book of Revelation ALONE, that “I will judge you according to your ACTIONS”. That tells me that all the fake-azz “Christians” that pretend, are self-righteous, and are hypocrites are gonna face a reckoning they will not enjoy. On the flip-side, many of GOOD, honest, caring and generous people that are not pretenders will be rewarded. I’m sure now I will get verbally assaulted by the “saved” crowd

I would suggest that whatever a man professes, his actions on a day to day basis reflect what he truly believes… where he places his trust, that is.

I don’t understand what argument you’re anticipating but there is a very real sense in which what you say, for the reasons I mention above, isn’t untrue.

Now I’d also add that there are a whole lot of faithful folks who say they believe and then show it by attendance to worship of God weekly or more, and show it by tithing as well as in many other ways. That’s just more of the same demonstration of what true faith can do to a person.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I was. Grew up Wednesday evening, Sunday Morning, Sunday evening at church til I was 18. Truly believed, as only a naive child with no life experiences to draw from and a charmed family life can believe. Then I turned 18, left home, traveled, experienced the world through open eyes. It took probably 10 years to admit to myself, much less anyone else, that I’d lost my faith, completely. Funny enough, mostly because of fear of heavenly reprisal.
As cynical as I’ve became, I don’t possibly see how I could return to a life of blind faith. I find death bed conversions ridiculous.

Funny part is I actually have a “spiritual” side, just can’t commit to believing any one take on it.

Many are lost to satan after leaving home and attending college. There are several ways folks are led to eat from the tree of knowledge.

Eve believed in God. She knew HIM, but she couldnt obey Him who loved her and made her in his image, because she was a woman, and HE was a Him.

Jag,
Long way from attending college. I attended the school of hard knocks, and took my fair share.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Who is “saved” will only be determined at God’s Judgment, according to the Bible. Folks can quote their favorite Bible version “proof texts” till the cows come home, but God says in His Scriptures that ALL people will be “judged by their actions”; not whether they “believe” in something, or attend “church” or “tithe” regularly. If I remember correctly, Jesus says at least 7 times in the book of Revelation ALONE, that “I will judge you according to your ACTIONS”. That tells me that all the fake-azz “Christians” that pretend, are self-righteous, and are hypocrites are gonna face a reckoning they will not enjoy. On the flip-side, many of GOOD, honest, caring and generous people that are not pretenders will be rewarded. I’m sure now I will get verbally assaulted by the “saved” crowd

No verbal assault. Just a disagreement. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Being good, generous, etc, by human standards, won’t get it done. Jesus was clear that faith in him is the only way. I don’t think that is being self righteous. On my own I’d get what I deserved. It wouldn’t be pretty. It’s only through faith in Christ that I’ll be saved. His righteousness, not mine will carry the day.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Yes, I was almost drowned in a pond by a bible thumper. Got a lot of grief for fighting and biting his hand when he launched into a mini sermon while he held me under. Gave a lot of grief years later when I went to an uptown church that had the little swimming pool behind the pulpit. Those kids barely got wet.

I’m getting a mental picture of a young Huckleberry Finn at a revival. Glad to hear you survived to tell the tale!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do not think that God wants people to be unsure about their salvation. John 3:16 is the Gospel in a nutshell. It’s a pledge...a ‘title deed’...concerning people’s salvation. Period. No ‘if’s’ or ‘and’s’ or ‘but’s.’

John did say that he had “written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God.”

All of us must stand in judgment before God...our sins will either be covered by the Blood of the Atonement...or they won’t.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Romans 10:9
New King James Version
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

This is all it takes.

And don't tell me differently. God had Paul put it in Romans and God does not lie.

If you want to argue with someone, argue with God if your foolish enough to do so. lol

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I listened to the whole piece. I agree with a lot of what he says.

I would, however, caution about sitting back judging other's Christianity. I know, we're not to be ignorant about these matters, as Paul urges. So, Spiritual discernmnt is essential.

I don't know if he was leaning towards Calvinism or if he's more in the Arminian camp. He was pretty subtle about predestination if that's where he's coming from.

As we enter into a different era as Christians, we don't know what's coming our way. Our country is going thru a real change and I don't know if it's coming back from what we had.

Bottom line, Christ died for you, will you die for him? If things get really tough, will we Christians stand like the martyrs of old? I'm not sure how many calling themselves Christians today are there.

To me that's the bottom line. That one may take some soul searching. We've had faith in our Christian nation. What if we lose it? Where will most Christians find themselves then...?

What say you, as Bill O'Reilly would ask?

DF

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

I would, however, caution about sitting back judging other's Christianity. I know, we're not to be ignorant about these matters, as Paul urges. So, Spiritual discernmnt is essential.

I don't know if he was leaning towards Calvinism or if he's more in the Arminian camp. He was pretty subtle about predestination if that's where he's coming from.

As we enter into a different era as Christians, we don't know what's coming our way. Our country is going thru a real change and I don't know if it's coming back from what we had.

Bottom line, Christ died for you, will you die for him? If things get really tough, will we Christians stand like the martyrs of old? I'm not sure how many calling themselves Christians today are there.

To me that's the bottom line. That one may take some soul searching. We've had faith in our Christian nation. What if we lose it? Where will most Christians find themselves then...?

DF

You pose a good question. It would be easy to say that I will resist the crowd that turns their back on God if our free nation falls. I feel to have what it takes to do that I need to exercise the strength now. If not I won't have it when the time comes. Unwavering faith in God is the only way and it won't be popular.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's all crap.

Live your life accordingly. There ain't no golden streets awaiting.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
By God's grace absolutely!!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FatCity67
[Linked Image from godplaysdice.com]

I got to sit in one of his sermons in Little Rock back in 1989. It was a good experience.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Everybody that is on earth to experience that of which Revelation speaks of is already condemned to Hell. They are not in the Lamb's Book of Life that those who will be raptured are. Those who have salvation by the Grace of God and the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross have been cleansed of all sin and there is no need for Judgement for them.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
There are going to be two different judgements and its important to be able to understand the difference when you hear people cherry picking verses to make their point.

The "Great white throne judgement" is where those who have rejected Christ's payment for their sins get to pay for their sins themselves via a one way ticket to the lake of fire.

The "Judgement seat of Christ" is the one where believers get judged and rewarded "for their actions". We might get spanked pretty good by the Master for some of our foolishness but we won't be going to hell.

The latter might not be a picnic but it beats the former by infinity.

Last edited by RJY66; 06/04/21.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by DBT
If a God of Love, by definition and nature of love, everyone is saved.

Character flaws, sociopaths, etc, are generally either genetic, shaped by an interaction of both, environment and genes.

Motivated by love, an omniscient/omnipotent God could easily repair the most broken of all individuals.
You're close but you leave out having a belief in both God and His Son, Jesus, Who gave Himself as the final sacrifice on the Cross for your sins. That is all God asks of you and if you can acknowledge that as the truth, you will be saved, regardless of your sins.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

You pose a good question. It would be easy to say that I will resist the crowd that turns their back on God if our free nation falls. I feel to have what it takes to do that I need to exercise the strength now. If not I won't have it when the time comes. Unwavering faith in God is the only way and it won't be popular.
Hopefully we will be saved by a rapture before the gallows comes. But if not, I will never forsake the Lord and my salvation. I will die gladly for Him and hope my kids have the same fortitude. What else is there to do?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
THIS topic is why some hate those we post.
It's not the person that they hate...... it's the gospel.

Guys,
Those who think that you are working your acceptance to heaven...

Listen up, because we were young and now are old. Im afraid that some of you are locking the door to the kindness of God. I don't want you to harden your hearts to where you don't want to listen to what God said, so He decides to not speak to you anymore.
Some say it's never too late. It's way past bedtime writing this and too late for me to get a good night sleep.
For some of you it will eventually be too late for you to get saved. Don't let that happen. Read this three or ten times until it sinks in. There are a lot of warnings about hardening the heart and I ask that you consider the following.
(God's Word highlighted.)

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."
Galatians 1

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:".
I Corinthians 15:1-4

This action by THE Savior interferes with the "good deeds/ works" of the self righteous who look in the mirror to say, "hey good lookin', I can save myself too!"

The law is a curse to those of you who want to be judged by the law. God WILL judge you according to that standard of perfection IF YOU wish. Yes, He will judge you according to those filthy rags you call keeping the law . You don't know how to keep the law.
You will be judged and come out lacking in obedience by lots. How many times have you sinned?

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."
James 2:10

"For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith."
That FAITH BTW is in Jesus Christ alone, NOT Jesus + __________.

This is WHY YOU need FORGIVENESS.
You already failed the test, just as all of us have sinned and come short of the glory of God. In your youth you failed and NOW you think that as an old man you get a retake until you get it right? You are not right or righteousness. Isaiah tells me about me, himself AND you...

" But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

Do you think that you are better than me?
Maybe true. We might have such a pile of filthy rags that it would fill a land fill. What can you buy with THAT???
How does that stack up to the Jesus Who was lifted up high upon the cross? Now, He is worthy of thanks, NOT your trailer full of baby diapers. Those rags are your works. They have no place when it comes to salvation.
God's forgiveness based solely upon His Son's sacrifice is grace.

It's either works OR grace.
It can't be both.

"And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work."
Romans 11:6

Grace = God's kindness to you based NOT on your behavior, but rather judgement upon His Son through His sacrifice.

Works = Anything that man tries to do to make himself "right with God." Ie. Baptism, golden rule, repentance from sins, virtues like honesty, trying to keep the laws of God. Those things have a place in the Word, but NOT for salvation.

That's why you need forgiveness through faith in the only Savior.

What do you believe guys?

If you believe that God requires your works instead of His only begotten Son's sacrifice, then read this post again.
However, If you believe that Jesus was punished for all of your sins including those in the future, then tell God this,

"Dear God,

I already failed and am condemned to hell.
I cannot work my way to heaven.
You don't want my dirty rags of good deeds.
According to Your promises, if I put my trust in Your Son, I will be saved. I want that Lord.
Please save me from hell and take me to heaven when I die. Jesus died having paid for all sins and rose again. I believe this to be completely true. Thank you for saving me.

Amen

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

Please PM if you prayed this.
Good night

Sleepy camper

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/05/21.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by DBT
If a God of Love, by definition and nature of love, everyone is saved.

Character flaws, sociopaths, etc, are generally either genetic, shaped by an interaction of both, environment and genes.

Motivated by love, an omniscient/omnipotent God could easily repair the most broken of all individuals.
You're close but you leave out having a belief in both God and His Son, Jesus, Who gave Himself as the final sacrifice on the Cross for your sins. That is all God asks of you and if you can acknowledge that as the truth, you will be saved, regardless of your sins.

Faith is a trivial reason for the penalty of eternal damnation.

Last edited by DBT; 06/04/21.
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (25aught6, 16penny, 1minute, 1badf350, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,153 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,908
Posts18,498,222
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.