Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 41 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 40 41
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Good idea... smile

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Now we just have to keep it at the top so Rick will read it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 1B
Rick et al,

A modest suggestion..

I did not and do not partitpate in the campfire to find a path to moral/religous goals or to seek others' guidance on such matters. I do not express my own beliefs on such matters here and do not care to hear about others'. Annyone that uses the inet for such matters..... hell, you finish the sentence.

BUT, it is increasingly evident that the fervency of some deeply held personal religious views needs an outlet. IMO they are best chahnelled into a zone where those beliefs - all of them Chrsitian, whatever -- can be expressed and contest with others w/o spillover into those themes and interests that otherwise unite -- rather than divide -- the Campfire.

You cannot give any one view or sect a dedicated channel for its views w/o violating free play of ideas and inviting a war to dominate that ground by really narrow sectarian elements. Only an expressly open forum with respect for a range of views will work. No doubt it could get rough. But you can post an introductory meesage laying out basic rules for civil, responsible, participation and enforce them there.

Directing such dialogues to one area can also relieve the rest of us of involuntarily saturation in off topic and unwelcome, intrusions into our perossal lives that go far beyond the relative meirits of .280 Remingtons and 7mm Rem Mags which are the only crucial hair splitting issues here at the campfire.

1B

As citizens of the US (most of us, not all; plus this board is owned by a citizen of the US), we have freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. That said, this is a private board and basically what Rick says goes � thus far he�s demonstrated the tenets of a benevolent dictatorship and you do have freedom from religion; it lies in your ignore feature.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
What did Dood type, he is on ignore...........grin

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead
What did Dood type, he is on ignore...........grin

I'm a broken man....Steely has me on iggy. cry

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe that those on here who don't believe there is a god should at least be a little " suspicious " of HIM .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This is a good idea, say something vaguely religious and the lunatics flock to it....so long as it stays at the top so Rick can read it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Won't work . Somebody would wind up cussin' catholics and mormons and baptists and heathens and next thing you know all the brotherly love that prevails on ALL the rest of the campfire forums would absent itself and the forum would end up as " I believe you're a chickensh$$$ , you lie , your feet stink and you don't love Jesus , thast's what I believe ! '

Anyhow , I believe it won't work .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If there are among you those who are made uncomfortable by the proselytizing of another, go to that person screen name, click on it, bring up their profile, and click on �Ignore This Poster.�

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It probably won't.......but then we will not even get to see it, if it is shifted.

Good, good, keep it at the top.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JSTUART
This is a good idea, say something vaguely religious and the lunatics flock to it....so long as it stays at the top so Rick can read it.

Don't you think...well, let's start there, do you think? If you do, don't you think there are those among us who find the above deeply offensive?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wait is the the right one,

I believe....................that women should have to get a license to wear a thong bikini! grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
And let us just assume that some of us get sick and tired of hearing about everyone else's religious opinions..........what don't you want your own space to cuddle your fellow believers on.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
And let us just assume that some of us get sick and tired of hearing about everyone else's religious opinions..........what don't you want your own space to cuddle you fellow believers on.

You haven't heard shiit about my religious beliefs until you chose to insult anyone and everyone who has any belief.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

God is at the center of my life, and that's the way it is. My beliefs define who I am. I cannot separate that.

I guess I agree with Magnumdood... If you don't want to read what I have to say, put me on "ignore."

I don't understand people complaining about there being religious threads. If you're not interested, don't read. It seems simple enough.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1B
� relieve the rest of us of involuntarily saturation in off topic and unwelcome, intrusions into our perossal lives that go far beyond the relative meirits of .280 Remingtons and 7mm Rem Mags which are the only crucial hair splitting issues here at the campfire.

Is there anything else that you'd like for some of us to be forbidden to post here?

How do we avoid saturating your mind with our views and intruding into your personal life with beliefs that you'd rather never to see anyone express?

How do we avoid compelling you to read what you don't like to see posted here?

When you eat at a restaurant, do you insist that the menu not include dishes that you despise?

Do you feel free to post here anything that you believe?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
And let us just assume that some of us get sick and tired of hearing about everyone else's religious opinions..........what don't you want your own space to cuddle you fellow believers on.

You haven't heard shiit about my religious beliefs until you chose to insult anyone and everyone who has any belief.

Actually I have my own religious beliefs, and I do not share them with anyone as they are mine.......and you are right, I do not want to hear of your religious beliefs....hence the move to try to get you your own touchy-feely forum.

Good,good...keep it at the top.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Honestly, I believe in God as my Father, and Jesus Christ as my Savior, what more needs to be said. I also believe that My God is more Yahweh of the Jewish faith. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hey, Les. Barak and I belong to a Messianic Jewish congregation. I hear what you're saying! laugh

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
If you're not interested, don't read. It seems simple enough.

Penny

Penny, there's nothing that can ever be simple enough for some people. That's what I believe.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Page 27 of 41 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 50 invisible), 2,147 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,247
Posts18,504,646
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.