Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 41 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 40 41
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hmmm....I wonder where this thread will go.

They did a good job on the carving though.

Last edited by JSTUART; 08/17/07.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JSTUART
So, you are a lunatic....how is that denigrating a religion.
After all you are arguing on a thread that was started to get you your own forum, and you are attacking anyone who would dare such....yes, LUNATIC would seem to suffice.

Explaining the nuances of language gets tiring as well as pointing out where someone tries to twist their own words.

You said mention religion and watch the lunatics flock to the thread. That�s quite a bit different than what you wrote above. It�s denigrating because you infer only the campfire lunatics would be attracted to a religious thread (E.g., lunatics = religion).

I�m addressing my posts only to you, because you are the only one left arguing for a religious forum. There need not be a religious forum. Religion isn�t mentioned often enough to warrant its own forum. Period.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, and where did I denigrate a religion...show me.

I think your statement illustrates the divide that seperates many. Some think a "religion" is just some philosophical postion that guides your life and/or behavior and you can turn it on or off at will.

Evangelical Christians despise "religion," considering it nothing more than a human effort full of ritual and fluff that means little. Evangelical Christians consider their personal relationship with Jesus to be the signficant issue and they emphasize that it is a relationship having little to do with any ritual or formality.

However, most outside observers cannot really understand that concept and consider Evangelicals as "religious" people. So when an unbeliever suggests they go find a place to talk about God it is an anathema to an Evangelical. The Evangelical points out he is in a relationship with God and it is THE defining relationship of his life. As such, he finds it unreasonable that he should be censored form talking about the most defining part of his/her life whenever and wherever it comes up.

Of course, it is also an anathema to an unbeliever to even hear someone talk about God because for many unbelievers, rejecting God is the defining event of their lives. Many unbelievers would think it unreasonable for them to be censored from talking about why they think the way they do, so the conflict never ends.

The only answer is what Ken Howell (ThD, BTW) has said in this thread. We ALL should be willing to gently share our beleifs, but there is no requirement for us to convert everyone we see to our exact way of thinking.

Last edited by Blaine; 08/17/07.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Blaine
Originally Posted by montanabadger
I know! A new law. Separation of church and campfire grin

That would just mean the Campfire could make no law establishing an official Campfire Church...................... wink

Actually, a campfire church isn't all that far fetched, after all there is a scientology "church", OOPS....I may be denigrating a religion.

Would that make Rick Bin our new spirtual leader? grin

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

I belong to a Messianic Jewish congregation.

What's the difference between a Christian and a Messianic Jew?

I'm not religious (maybe some day wink ) but I do find a lot of truth in many of the concepts/teachings I read about in the bible. I can also sit and listen to Joel Osteen (christian guy on TV) for the same reason but I just can't bring myself to go to church.... blush

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Violator22
� my grand-Mother is a Mennonite, I have a lot of relatives that belong to the Church of Christ, I have Baptists, and myslef an my parents are Catholic. �

My father was a Methodist circuit-rider, one grandfather was Southern Baptist, and I married a Swedish Lutheran. I was at one time a Methodist pastor, preached and taught in a wide variety of denominations, once had in some of my Bible courses a prominent Catholic author (a Monsignor, no less, who often punctuated my lessons with "Amen!" and "That's right, Brother" like a good Pentecostal). I was one of the few whites getting a degree when I worked for my ThD and PhD in Biblical interpretation from a nondenominational seminary. For years, I was fully ordained by a nondenominational fellowship of independent churches.

Some of my writings have been used, internationally, by a number of other ministries. I smuggled Bibles into Saudi Arabia and taught there (not under any denominational sponsorship) an underground group of new Christians that at one count represented more than fifty countries of origin.

So when people ask me what flavor of Christian I am, I tell 'em that I'm an uncompromising scripturalist � can't think of any other label that fits and hasn't been coopted by some differently focused group or other.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
So, you are a lunatic....how is that denigrating a religion.
After all you are arguing on a thread that was started to get you your own forum, and you are attacking anyone who would dare such....yes, LUNATIC would seem to suffice.

Explaining the nuances of language gets tiring as well as pointing out where someone tries to twist their own words.

You said mention religion and watch the lunatics flock to the thread. That�s quite a bit different than what you wrote above. It�s denigrating because you infer only the campfire lunatics would be attracted to a religious thread (E.g., lunatics = religion).

I�m addressing my posts only to you, because you are the only one left arguing for a religious forum. There need not be a religious forum. Religion isn�t mentioned often enough to warrant its own forum. Period.

That is interesting, not only are you a lunatic...you are also able to read minds from across the waters and teach English, do me a favour, how about you test your faith by going to the very largest body of water that you have handy and try walking on the surface, preferably over the very deepest part.

OH, if that is not precise enough for you, it means...go jump in the lake.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Blaine
I know! A new law. Separation of church and campfire grin

That would just mean the Campfire could make no law establishing an official Campfire Church...................... wink

Actually, a campfire church isn't all that far fetched, after all there is a scientology "church", OOPS....I may be denigrating a religion.

Would that make Rick Bin our new spirtual leader? grin

Well it would certainly be better than having Tom Cruise as a fellow parishioner.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
What's the difference between a Christian and a Messianic Jew?
A few thousand years. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sorry........I'm weak and couldn't resist. blush grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Actually the Messianic Jew is more of a multi-tasker than the garden variety Christian.

Might be hard to stop......think I'll just go to bed now. Night.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am on a slow dial up connection and have neither time nor patience to open long threads on a hunting/shooting forum dealing with religion. Due to those who feel they know how everyone else should live their lives it looks like my online time will be best spent elsewhere.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by RickyD

Whom resist stedfast in the faith! wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Based on the strange variety of posts on this thread alone, I can just imagine what the Christian forum must have been like and can see why Rick washed his hand of the deal. This is a little tiring already and it's only page 3!! I'll check back for Penny's reply (or somebody in the know) and then I'll probably mosey on outta here while the gettin's good.... whistle

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Such wit.

I see you are still alone in your one-man crusade to establish a religous forum.

Too bad.

Nebraska, this thread is done.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Maybe we can just get JSTUART and Magnumdood a room.... whistle laugh

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Originally Posted by RickyD

Whom resist stedfast in the faith! wink

I didn't know there wasn't an a in sted instead of stead. I'm not that fast!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Such wit.

I see you are still alone in your one-man crusade to establish a religous forum.

Too bad.

Nebraska, this thread is done.

That is a shame, I was thoroughly enjoying myself.....that is Okay my girls are home now and they have a bucket of shopping....Oh well, it is of to work I go.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You only send a bucket with them shopping. Smart!

No wonder I'm broke. Mine take a truck with a topper. grin

Page 31 of 41 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 260madman, 1234, 46 invisible), 2,191 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,267
Posts18,504,924
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.