Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 41 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 40 41
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RickyD
You only send a bucket with them shopping. Smart!

No wonder I'm broke. Mine take a truck with a topper. grin

Unfortunately they seem to pick the biggest bucket around. grin

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
All kidding aside, I have much respect for Messianic believers, as I do for all Christians.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Rick, I have never met a Messianic Jew, and have no idea what their denomination/belief consists of.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by JSTUART
You only send a bucket with them shopping. Smart!

No wonder I'm broke. Mine take a truck with a topper. grin

Unfortunately they seem to pick the biggest bucket around. grin
Economies of scale mean different things to diffent people, it seems.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blaine
� Evangelical Christians despise "religion," considering it nothing more than a human effort full of ritual and fluff that means little. �

If I may be so bold, let me elucidate a little for anybody who might be interested in knowing:

� The word religion is a combination of the prefix re-, meaning "back" or "again," and the Latin word ligare, meaning simply "tie" (it's the root of the words ligation, ligature, and ligament).

� The concept religion, as some evangelicals understand it, refers to Man's attempts to retie the bond between God and Man that Adam severed by disobeying Him.

The distinction is that religion is one thing, God's retying program is another � different.

The original texts of Galatians 1:6 and 1:7 make an interesting and useful distinction between two disparate meanings of the word another. Galatians 1:6 refers to "another gospel" of a different kind that Galatians 1:7 says "is not another" of the same kind. "Religions" are meant to be ways to God � Jesus's true Christianity is another way to God � designed and established by God, not a religion designed and established by Man.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Rick, I have never met a Messianic Jew, and have no idea what their denomination/belief consists of.
I've only been to one passover with a Messianic group but it was neat to see what it consisted of and hear the significances explained. Basically they observe the old testament feasts and rituals. Beyond that, I would guess it differs with groups. I believe many groups are essentially practicing Jews who also accept Jesus as the Messiah. There was a history channel program about the increasing numbers in Israel. I find it interesting.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ya'll remember HG and the tow truck thing in your prayers tonight. I will.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Neighbor , I wouldn't presume to speak for them all but I'd hazard a guess that at least one of them believes you are an azzhole !

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gene williams
Neighbor , I wouldn't presume to speak for them all but I'd hazard a guess that at least one of them believes you are an azzhole !

That is Okay...I would not dream of telling anyone what thoughts to think, nor would I preach about my own.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by gene williams

That is Okay...I would not dream of telling anyone what thoughts to think, nor would I preach about my own.

tired tired tired

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I put nobody on Ignore for fear of being ignorant. Some folks are uncomfortable discussing or even hearing about religious topics but everyone needs a little preaching at from time to time. I think the good Lord intended it to be that way. If a fella is uncomfortable discussing or even seeing religious topics there's a reason for it...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"preaching"

I grew-up hearing my father preach, some times twice each Sunday morning.

For decades, I've heard a passel of other preachers preach.

I've studied how to preach, from both text books on the subject and transcripts of famous sermons.

I've preached many sermons in many churches of a number of denominations, for many years. I've often been applauded and complimented for my preaching and for my teaching, by church laymen and by esteemed colleagues in the clergy. (Can't remember ever being told that I was doing a poor job, not even any of those many times when I knew that I wasn't.) I don't even remember, off-hand, for example, how many kinds of Baptist churches that I've preached in.

I thought that I had a pretty good idea what preaching is �

� and what it isn't.

Apparently not.

I don't see how it's "preaching" to post a known fact or a considered conclusion � in an open thread that no one is forced to read and anyone can opt to ignore.

Is it "preaching" when you or I relate test results, personal experiences, or considered preferences about Chevy and Ford pick-ups � or gasoline and diesel engines � or personal impressions of Democrat and Republican philosophies, candidates, campaign tactics, etc? If not, then how is it "preaching" to relate personal discoveries or interpretations of faith in God?

I can see how it'd offend some if I forced them to listen as I plastered them with one kind of "you should believe" and "you must believe" after another. But I simply can not see how "I've found" and "I believe" is any kind of attempt to compel anybody else to comply.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okie
� If a fella is uncomfortable discussing or even seeing religious topics there's a reason for it...

My term for those Biblical things that make some folks uncomfortable is "diagnostic irritants." If "repent!" makes you uncomfortable, chances are that you need to repent.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

God is at the center of my life, and that's the way it is. My beliefs define who I am. I cannot separate that.

I guess I agree with Magnumdood... If you don't want to read what I have to say, put me on "ignore".

I don't understand people complaining about there being religious threads. If you're not interested, don't read. It seems simple enough.

Penny

Penny,

That will never happen here. I read your posts with delight. You have a way of conveying your belief without tearing down someone else's.

I Believe your words are sincere and your love for God is clear. Keep it up!

Mark

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Well said Penny, I am very much the same way. I can well remember the time when I resisted all things religious, and I was wrong.

NRA Patron Member
U.S. Navy Veteran 1969-1973
Sons of the American Revolution
Sons of Confederate Veterans
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If someone has a thought, let's hear it....be it Christian, Catholic....... liberal or, conservative.

I skip over what doesn't interest me enough to get involved.........

The only restrictions on a forum should be for language and personal attacks.

Now, where are those dayum liberals?

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
nothing like a wee bit of religion to divide, damage and destroy.
Religion is personal, it should be kept that way.

Sam......

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I believe it's time for a bloody mary!!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I didn't know there wasn't an a in sted instead of stead. I'm not that fast!

Originally Posted by God Almighty
"Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world." 1Peter 5:9

I just spelled it the way God did. wink Take yer pick. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by marty
I believe it's time for a bloody mary!!

Is "Bloody Mary" an anti-Catholic term? grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Page 32 of 41 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (5sdad, Akhutr, 673, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 1minute, 15 invisible), 1,569 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,866
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.