Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[q

Wind River is an excellent flick, IMHO in part because it freely references Indians murdering other Indians, as in the central character's late teenage daughter.
[/quote]

In the closing credits it stated that missing Indian women are so common they are not even kept track of statistically

On a brighter note I chose the free with ads version on Amazon and they forgot to put the commercials in. It was a really good film. I think I'm going to shoot some steel targets with my Marlin Guide Gun tomorrow.

Please don't feed the trolls!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
[q

Wind River is an excellent flick, IMHO in part because it freely references Indians murdering other Indians, as in the central character's late teenage daughter.

In the closing credits it stated that missing Indian women are so common they are not even kept track of statistically

On a brighter note I chose the free with ads version on Amazon and they forgot to put the commercials in. It was a really good film. I think I'm going to shoot some steel targets with my Marlin Guide Gun tomorrow. [/quote]The National Park Service claims it doesn't keep track of people who disappear from its parks too. Do you believe the government really doesn't have those statistics? Take note that I didn't ask if you believed whether the government would give you the numbers or even whether the government would admit to having the numbers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
just finished watching it again on amazon.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The "hero" in the movie is a pussy.

When he realizes who the bad guys are, he coulda jumped on the snowmobile and hauled ass back ta the trailer, but instead he hasta snipe the bad guys, and by the time he sneaks up on em, the good guys is mostly dead.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One of my favorite movies .... and the pretty little Indian girl .... I've been around her since she was a little girl. She's probably more widely known now from Yellowstone but to us she was always little Kelsey ... she went to school with my two oldest daughters right through HS, they were doing the drama thing together back then. They all kinda moved out to the west coast at the same time although mine are now attorneys we always kinda knew Kelsey was going to try her hand at acting, and she has done well. Her Mom and Dad are very accomplished people ... her Dad is probably one of the top plastic surgeons in the country. She's actually Asian but they keep putting her in Indian and Eskimo roles .... I should say Native American I guess. Very very very sweet precious girl.

Anyone notice her in Fargo?

Anyways, yeah, Wind River is a great great movie.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by joken2

From the trailer posted it looks like Gil Birmingham who plays Chief Thomas Rainwater in the Yellowstone TV series is in Wind River, too, though not as well dressed and groomed as he is in Yellowstone.

It's kinda like they have a little cabal going-on where Reiner and Costner produced movies are all connected.

Graham Greene plays Ben in Wind River .... he was in Dances with Wolves with Costner and is slated to make an appearance in Yellowstone. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere where 8 or 9 actors and actresses from Wind River have made appearances in Yellowstone.

Gil Birmingham is a gay Native American irl if I am not mistaken, rarer than a hen's tooth.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I liked “Wind River”! For what it’s worth. Made me want a Marlin Guide gun!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by SCRooster
Originally Posted by joken2

From the trailer posted it looks like Gil Birmingham who plays Chief Thomas Rainwater in the Yellowstone TV series is in Wind River, too, though not as well dressed and groomed as he is in Yellowstone.

It's kinda like they have a little cabal going-on where Reiner and Costner produced movies are all connected.

Graham Greene plays Ben in Wind River .... he was in Dances with Wolves with Costner and is slated to make an appearance in Yellowstone. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere where 8 or 9 actors and actresses from Wind River have made appearances in Yellowstone.

Gil Birmingham is a gay Native American irl if I am not mistaken, rarer than a hen's tooth.

I believe the common denominator is Taylor Sheridan. He wrote and directed Wind River, and is the writer, director, and producer of Yellowstone.
He undoubtedly had a role in casting.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t watch many movies but I really liked Wind River. I thought it was good start to finish and the revenge seen at the end was good.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
It was a really good film and they nailed so many details right. They missed one big element that no one who has ever been to a rez would know.

Dogs.

So true.

I was telling my bride recently that 40 years ago, every where you went there were stray dogs. All of a sudden, in the early nineties it ended. Except on the reservations.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
It was a really good film and they nailed so many details right. They missed one big element that no one who has ever been to a rez would know.

Dogs.

So true.

I was telling my bride recently that 40 years ago, every where you went there were stray dogs. All of a sudden, in the early nineties it ended. Except on the reservations.
I don't remember there being stray dogs on the flathead reservation. Or lots of boats in yards or any of the other crap listed here. I know there is none of that on the Onandaga reservation. The Crow reservation is a shyt hole though so I don't believe you can paint with a broad brush.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Guess his ex-wife in the movie knew larry root, she says she would never set foot in Pinedale or something to that effect.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Watched it for the first time tonight. Pretty darn good. Fairly impressed with all Taylor Sheridan offerings so far.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart
[quote=WyColoCowboy]It was a really good film and they nailed so many details right. They missed one big element that no one who has ever been to a rez would know.

Dogs.

I don't remember there being stray dogs on the flathead reservation. Or lots of boats in yards or any of the other crap listed here. I know there is none of that on the Onandaga reservation. The Crow reservation is a shyt hole though so I don't believe you can paint with a broad brush.

Up north I figure winter must take out a lot of stray dogs, drive from NY to Texas and dogs as roadkill crop up mostly in the south.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by atvalaska
As many a beaver As stars in the sky......

Pick me Bill Tyler, Pick me.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Good movie. If I remember correctly, there were several folks from the Longmire series in it.

same as dances with wolves.....

Does that movie ever actually end?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by atvalaska
As many a beaver As stars in the sky......

Pick me Bill Tyler, Pick me.

One of my all time favorites! “Mountain Men” with Charlton Heston and Brian Keith

“I crap on the graves of your grandfathers”

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/08/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn’t know that shooting a bad guy with a 45-70 Gov would thrust him 5’ft in reverse...Most awesome !

Wind River is a decent flick.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Dogs.

So true.

Navajo And Apache Reservations in some parts of NM and AZ are pretty bad.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Good movie. If I remember correctly, there were several folks from the Longmire series in it.

same as dances with wolves.....

Does that movie ever actually end?

You have to wait for the credits to start rolling.

The End

Grins

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (358WCF, 1minute, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 222Sako, 338Rules, 62 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,538
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.