Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antlers,

God's Word tells us some used to be homosexuals and various other types of sinners. But they aren't any more.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are not ALL sins essentially the same...in God’s eyes...as far as separating us from God...?

Is the Bible not clear that we ALL, apart from Jesus, deserve to go to hell because we ‘are’...not ‘were’...sinners, and we sin...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I’m in your camp antlers. I don’t think God grades sin on a curve.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antlers
Are not ALL sins essentially the same...in God’s eyes...as far as separating us from God...?

Is the Bible not clear that we ALL, apart from Jesus, deserve to go to hell because we ‘are’...not ‘were’...sinners, and we sin...?

I agree with your post…. Maybe it has been mentioned before on this thread….. but, beyond the “we are all sinners by nature”……I think a good case can be made that not all sins have the same consequences.

Some sins have greater consequences than others…..in this life.

Consequences of sin may come from the “world” and the consequences may come directly from God.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by TF49

I agree with your post…. Maybe it has been mentioned before on this thread….. but, beyond the “we are all sinners by nature”……I think a good case can be made that not all sins have the same consequences.

Consequences of sin may come from the “world” and the consequences may come directly from God.

Sin is sin.

But there are sins that are abominations to the Lord. The unforgivable one is to reject Christ, to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

Murder, the shedding of innocent blood is an abomination to the Lord, but forgivable. One may be sitting on death row, forgiven but still facing execution.

So, there are consequences, even to the redeemed.

DF

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Make a joyful noise.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
antlers,

God's Word tells us some used to be homosexuals and various other types of sinners. But they aren't any more.

Yeah, especially those who already died as such and are burning in hell. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by TF49

Sin is sin.

But there are sins that are abominations to the Lord. The unforgivable one is to reject Christ, to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

Murder, the shedding of innocent blood is an abomination to the Lord, but forgivable. One may be sitting on death row, forgiven but still facing execution.

So, there are consequences, even to the redeemed.

DF

Yep, you said it better than I could. Homosexuality is expressly stated several times in scripture as an abomination to out Lord. That is why homosexuals choose to be homos......God would not create someone He hates, as it is out of character for Him. As you so rightly stated, the only unforgiveable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

A good indication that hell has different levels of punishment is found in Jesus’ words in Luke 12: “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked” (verses 47–48)

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
The theology around here is atrocious.

The bible never says sins separate people from god.

It's impossible to be separated from god. How do you morons think that even works?

You'll go on all about your Omni this and that God is everywhere Greek platonic heartless diatribe then say "oh wait if you sin you're separated".

Oh yea, that makes perfect sense???

Paul says people are "alien and hostile in mind" because of evil actions.

Sin doesn't cause God to separate from man it causes man to pull away from God.

Adam and Eve hid in the bushes, God didn't hide from Adam.

Peter says "depart from me Lord", Jesus never says "peter depart from me, sinner".

The cross doesn't change Gods mind about man, it changes man's mind about God.

Pop-evangelical Arian bullshit theology says Jesus hung out with hookers, mafia extortionists, and drunks yet his father is "too holy and just" to look upon sin. If you believe that, you don't believe Jesus is god, and your not a Christian.

If you've seen Jesus, you've seen the father.
There is no other antiseptically judicially holy disappointed distant dirty hiding behind Jesus' back.

That's the "gospel" and the ancient trinitarian faith.

Anyhow, saved actually just means healed.

It's not some magical incantation, and it's not the one good work that saves you.

Evangelicals love to say, "we're saves by grace through faith, not by works" but it you "believe" you're "saved".

Except in the pretzel logic "believing" is just a work, and being "saved" doesn't heal you from anything, it just gets you out of hell, which is interpreter as eternal conscious torment.

And none of that had anything to do with Jesus, meeting his father, or ever actually being healed of your broken inner world / sin / darkness.

Jesus is in every single person right now. Ask him.

Last edited by CaptArab; 06/09/21.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's simple, , John, 3:16

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jim1611
...the church has so watered down the message and teachings of the Bible that it has lost it's way. An example of that is denominations that embrace same sex marriage and even perform the ceremony in the church. These same groups also ordain queers as pastors. These are no longer an outreach of God to the lost souls but have joined them in their sin. God takes no part in this and that's one reason we see the decline of the influence the church once had.
Do you think homosexuals were created in the image of God...? And do you think homosexuals have dignity and worth equal to that of any of the other of God’s image-bearers...especially in God’s eyes...?

I'm not classifying sin when I mention denominations embracing the queer way of life. What they are doing is publicly saying to the rest of the world that it's fine to be that way. The Bible teaches otherwise. The Bible tells us to forsake sin not embrace it as a lifestyle. Jesus is the advocate for all mankind. What I think doesn't matter. The Bible condemns homosexuals and unless they repent and turn away from sin they will not be saved. Those that teach that it's fine to live that lifestyle are wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why aren't ALL of the other abominations God listed in scripture...besides homosexuality...also demonized by so many Christians...?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim1611
The Bible condemns homosexuals and unless they repent and turn away from sin they will not be saved.
The Bible condemns sin, period. That’s includes yours. That includes mine. That includes ALL of ours. Have you turned away completely, or do you ‘still’ sin...?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isaiah did say that your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.

Sin clearly does separate people from God.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CaptArab

There is no other antiseptically judicially holy disappointed distant dirty hiding behind Jesus' back....

https://youtu.be/GxdXw7LFguk

Do you believe that everyone goes to heaven?

Do you believe that Jesus is God, the Father is God and the Holy Spirit is God:. But the Father is not the Holy Spirit, Who is not Jesus?

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/09/21.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Isaiah did say that your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.

If you are His and cleansed of sin, are you stained by shortcomings you will succumb to, or do you remain unblemished, though you still fall short?

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

And that is satans purpose and desire. Separating you from Him hurts Him, as would a harlot seperating your child from you.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx

If you are His and cleansed of sin, are you stained by shortcomings you will succumb to, or do you remain unblemished, though you still fall short?
I think that believers will still give an account of what they have done after trusting Jesus as their Savior...they will still have to account for what they’ve done after salvation. But their sins will be covered by the Blood of the Atonement.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Yes. As it is written.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
[quote=CaptArab]
There is no other antiseptically judicially holy disappointed distant dirty hiding behind Jesus' back....

I do not think you will see the Lord as long as you can feel pain.

I am the vine and you are the branches. The one who remains in Me, and I in him, will bear much fruit. For apart from Me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in Me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers. Such branches are gathered up, thrown into the fire, and burned. 7If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.…

So, no. He is not in all nor are all in Him.

Thats why many need to pray and ask Him to come into them, their heart, that they may believe and be reborn.

All are not reborn. Some will never be. They will go to hell, and He will not be in or go with them. They will suffer the ultimate misery, and that will be to be eternally seperated from Him.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/09/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1minute, 300jimmy, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,571
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.