Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I worked with a mormon for several years. Decent guy. Just basically very reserved. Seemed to have lived a very sheltered life. Made up for it when he got married. Married a woman we worked with. She was a former stripper. And grade A skank stripper at that, with all the habits that come with it. Still scratch my head over that one.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Original question was about beliefs, not character or work ethic. Sorry for the confusion?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is baptism by proxy of dead relatives, it's the reason Mormons are into genealogy.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by deflave
I’ve lived and worked around a lot of Mormons.

Not a single one of them has asked me to join their church.

LOL. I have NO trouble believing THAT!

Bob (RJM) is sitting on the couch here. He says HI.

Hi Bob.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul, Mormon! I thought you said moron!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Original question was about beliefs, not character or work ethic. Sorry for the confusion?

I know they believe you can save dead non-Mormon relatives by post humous conversion.

It’s one of the reasons they pioneered DNA tracing. If you have a Mormon friend some of them will even let you use their church databases for free.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by mike7mm08
I worked with a mormon for several years. Decent guy. Just basically very reserved. Seemed to have lived a very sheltered life. Made up for it when he got married. Married a woman we worked with. She was a former stripper. And grade A skank stripper at that, with all the habits that come with it. Still scratch my head over that one.

Sooo, he was a genius?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hey denton--there are several bridges in Brooklyn, which one are you selling? Maybe one of the Mormon fellers here can tell me the name of the "battle" where a whole group of people formed a an Army to wipe out the Mormons. They went to where the Mormons were, winter set in and they were starving and freezing to death. The Mormons came out and saved them, go figure!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Mormons also have a type of hierarchy within their ranks that most seem to take fairly serious. It can be very awkward for them professionally because they could be a subordinate at their place of work but the superior for purposes of the church.

In my experience it causes a lot of weird schit to take place.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Are the beliefs as crazy as you hear, or are people exaggerating the ridiculousness? Magic underwear, god lives on a planet hidden by the moon, blacks can pray themselves white. You hear a lot of scheit, so trying to seperate the fiction from the fact.

Joseph Smith was an occultist. The religion's roots had nothing to do with Christianity. His wife would take down his scrying experiences. He used seeing stones as scrying surfaces. It was demonic.

https://books.google.com/books/about/Joseph_Smith.html?id=Mz3tpz4eRBQC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrying

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I’ve known a few, good folks. I would rather have them for neighbors than most. Their beliefs are their business.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by czech1022
And if you want to figure some of this stuff out for yourself, go to www.comeuntochrist.org.

Do Mormons worship Christ as the sole source of salvation through grace?

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Each person is their own.. and responsible as such.

Love them where they are at.

Some of the best people I have met are Mormon, a few of the Crazy ones were as well.

The one thing I do not agree with - is hating someone that is trying to understand God and Spirituality (for real vs. for show).
If you hate a person who is searching out God…. Karma has a way of finding your backside and putting a foot up it hard…. Which is probably right.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by viking
I’ve known a few, good folks. I would rather have them for neighbors than most. Their beliefs are their business.

A lot of people make good neighbors. Since the OP was about their spiritual beliefs then talking about what they believe spiritually is relevant.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If their profession requires specific uniform items that fall under the term underwear they ship them to the big temple in their home state and have them blessed.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

The one thing I do not agree with - is hating someone that is trying to understand God and Spirituality (for real vs. for show).
If you hate a person who is searching out God…. Karma has a way of finding your backside and putting a foot up it hard…. Which is probably right.

Is Karma real and if so how?

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

I know they believe you can save dead non-Mormon relatives by post humous conversion.

It’s one of the reasons they pioneered DNA tracing. If you have a Mormon friend some of them will even let you use their church databases for free.

Not real thrilled with any of my living extended family, no desire to find out anything about the dead ones.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Heaven is on earth. Live like there’s no tomorrow because when you die, it’s over. Lights out. Just like that dead squirrel in the road ran over by a dump truck. Nothing else.

Sounds like a dice roll.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/pascal-wager/

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
If their profession requires specific uniform items that fall under the term underwear they ship them to the big temple in their home state and have them blessed.

Interesting. I did not know that. Sounds utilitarian.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
From what I’ve read they believe that Christ was an example of what we are supposed to work to be. I’ve tried to nail it down in discussions but found side stepping when speaking to someone of the Mormon faith about justification. Nearest that I can tell is justification comes down to works in LDS teaching. That alone separates them from historic Christianity.

This religion and JW can be traced back to the area of New York called the burned over district and or the influences of Charles Finney. It’s interesting that most of modern religion in America is influenced by this man.

Last edited by IZH27; 06/13/21.
Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16gage, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,743 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,365
Posts18,488,147
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.