Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
100% guaranteed without a doubt a scam. Hopefully your friend only got stung on the $500 pistol and not the $3150 one.

Most of his listings show extremely different backgrounds. That's the DEAD giveaway with these things.

Gunbroker seems to be really [bleep] the bed on "verifying" their sellers, either they aren't actually doing any investigation, or are accepting fake or stolen documentation . All the scammers moved off of Armlist since they now charge buyers AND selllers to send messages on the site, which basically killed it completely. This issue is here to stay with GB until they decide to ACTUALLY do something about it, to their own and honest sellers detriment.

Last edited by Skeet_Man; 06/14/21.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Skeet_Man
100% guaranteed without a doubt a scam. Hopefully your friend only got stung on the $500 pistol and not the $3150 one.

Most of his listings show extremely different backgrounds. That's the DEAD giveaway with these things.

Gunbroker seems to be really [bleep] the bed on "verifying" their sellers, either they aren't actually doing any investigation, or are accepting fake or stolen documentation . All the scammers moved off of Armlist since they now charge buyers AND selllers to send messages on the site, which basically killed it completely. This issue is here to stay with GB until they decide to ACTUALLY do something about it, to their own and honest sellers detriment.

These auctions were listed after my friend won his. Yes the background is a dead giveaway. I’m surprised and disappointed Gunbroker has not made any kind of move. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Will Gunbroker make good on the sale like Ebay will ?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LFC

What I’m reading is about 400.00. Hasbeen

hasbeen

NRA Patron member
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by wvelkhunter
I emailed gunbroker about a suspicious seller and got a response very quickly, even though it was 6am on Sunday. They had the seller shut down within 30 minutes. Thanks for the heads up and good luck to your friend!

I have never been able to get a response from gb, good that you did

IC B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Originally Posted by LFC

What I’m reading is about 400.00. Hasbeen

So basically you are on on your own on Gunbroker ?

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Looks like he is gone.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
This "verified seller" is a scammer, all of his photos are lifted from a Canadian FS site.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=4706121

Its disturbing since I had considered GB one of the safer sites, but they're doing nothing about it (I contacted them). Say what you will about ebay but they're very pro-active with fakes and scammers.

Last edited by steveziv; 06/15/21.
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I've never been burnt on ebay close a couple of times but never burnt.

F
F
Thank you for the warning. I've had nothing but good luck on GB over the years, but this is a good reminder to do my due diligence.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You can’t post any feed back with an iPhone or iPad. You can’t even see the sellers FB. My friend came by this morning and used my wife’s HP to post negative feed back. Hopefully this will save the bidders on the 7 auctions he’s running at this time. No response from Gunbroker. Hasbeen

hasbeen

NRA Patron member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You can’t post any feed back with an iPhone or iPad. You can’t even see the sellers FB. My friend came by this morning and used my wife’s HP to post negative feed back. Hopefully this will save the bidders on the 7 auctions he’s running at this time. No response from Gunbroker. Hasbeen

Yes, you absolutely can. You may be running an old version or simply not have your settings configured to do so. I use my iphone 95% of the time, and I assure you that all of the above can be done from an iPhone.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Yes, you absolutely can. You may be running an old version or simply not have your settings configured to do so. I use my iphone 95% of the time, and I assure you that all of the above can be done from an iPhone.

Good to know. I was afraid folks using an iPad would not see the negative feed back. Hasbeen

hasbeen

NRA Patron member
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I never buy from an NR. I want to see at least 25 A+ ratings and 100 is better.

GB don't care about your money nearly as much as you do. Watch your own ass.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Top one more time for those who may have missed it.
Gunbroker still has not ended the auctions. Hasbeen

hasbeen

NRA Patron member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
His most recent feedback:

“F Kcartah A+(2)
06/16/2021901693667
THIS IS A SCAM AND A FRAUD. He has been paid and never shipped my pistol . He has 7 items listed to sell right now. They are for sale by others on other gun sites. Do not send him any money!!!”

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
His most recent feedback:

“F Kcartah A+(2)
06/16/2021901693667
THIS IS A SCAM AND A FRAUD. He has been paid and never shipped my pistol . He has 7 items listed to sell right now. They are for sale by others on other gun sites. Do not send him any money!!!”

Gunbroker still has his guns listed for sale. I was hoping they would stop this fraud. Maybe this feedback will stop some from losing money. Hasbeen

hasbeen

NRA Patron member
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 82 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,478
Posts18,471,669
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.