Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

For those that don't trust/want it on line, do you get direct deposit? That's online. This has been coming and most likely will happen, not for another 20+ years, but it will SLOWLY get harder to use cash.

CC/Debit cards give advantages as well. You can, for example, get that gas tank fill up at 3AM when the gas station is closed. You don't have to go to the bank to get your money.

It's coming, the ability to be cash-less is pretty much here. Heck even small places can get a dongle that can run credit/debit cards.

Cash is expensive to maintain, track, make, collect and dispose of and bills have a relatively short life span.
Take a look at 'the square'. It's a little square chip that plugs into the USB charging jack on your phone. With it you can swipe CC or Debit cards for sales anywhere that you have cell service. The chip is free but they charge about 1% of the purchase. The money will immediately be in your account with them and you can move it to your bank account within minutes. My wife has one for selling flowers at a farmers market. It's worked very well.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Coin shortage, lol.
They pound out coins by hand?
Covid is a multifaceted statist dream come true. CBDC is coming soon.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We often hear about cops confiscating large amounts of cash without warrants or probable cause. What's the bottom limit on how much they can seize?

Edited: I now read that civil forfeiture can be as small as a thousand. That makes it scary to carry much cash at all. Cards are the only other option.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We often hear about cops confiscating large amounts of cash without warrants or probable cause. What's the bottom limit on how much they can seize?

Edited: I now read that civil forfeiture can be as small as a thousand. That makes it scary to carry much cash at all. Cards are the only other option.

They have increasingly propagated the message that cash equates to criminality, i.e., criminality is presumed when someone is in possession of more than a couple of hundred dollars in cash. This foreseeably has a chilling effect on the use of cash.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
What I find interesting is that people say its ok for the Walton family to make hundreds of millions of dollars every year, pay their employees so poorly that they have to apply for food stamps which they show them how to get, but say they should do away with self check out because it takes jobs away from hard working Americans. Something just seems ironic about it.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
What I find interesting is that people say its ok for the Walton family to make hundreds of millions of dollars every year, pay their employees so poorly that they have to apply for food stamps which they show them how to get, but say they should do away with self check out because it takes jobs away from hard working Americans. Something just seems ironic about it.

How about a f a g that never goes outdoors joining the 24hourcampfire?

Is that ironic?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

My nephew makes $14 an hour and he’s been there about a year. That’s pretty good for a 21 year old kid, living at home.

If youre 40 years old, got 3 kids and work the same job at Walmart, that’s on you. Shouldn’t have smoked pot and wore a Krokus shirt to 10th grade everyday before dropping out.

People that work at walmart that are on foodstamps/EBT are on it because they want to be. They don’t want more than 20 hours a week, they don’t want to lose their $634 EBT or their TennCare medical.

They want to sleep late 3 days a week, loaf. Live the easy life like a summertime grasshopper.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by deflave

How about a f a g that never goes outdoors joining the 24hourcampfire?

Is that ironic?

You never told me that you didn't go outdoors

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord

My nephew makes $14 an hour and he’s been there about a year. That’s pretty good for a 21 year old kid, living at home.

If youre 40 years old, got 3 kids and work the same job at Walmart, that’s on you. Shouldn’t have smoked pot and wore a Krokus shirt to 10th grade everyday before dropping out.

People that work at walmart that are on foodstamps/EBT are on it because they want to be. They don’t want more than 20 hours a week, they don’t want to lose their $634 EBT or their TennCare medical.

They want to sleep late 3 days a week, loaf. Live the easy life like a summertime grasshopper.

Exactly.....
The "working poor" know the thresholds and rake in the unca suga titty bennies from EBT to Tax credits and anything else they qual for by staying below that threshold..
So between their pizzant job they never wanna move up from and their unca suga bennies.
They are probably making 25 to 35 an hour when it is all combined.
On the taxpayers nickel......

This has become ingrained in the "working poor" to exploit all they can...
Just dont speak of it around certain people...
Like those who work full time and have moved up the food chain and actually pay taxes.....

And they got social workers telling em what is what and how too play the system...

The Nanny state for votes.
All a dominoe effect from LBJ,s great society programs..

Anyone who sees the schit otherwise is a fughing fool.......

Last edited by renegade50; 06/17/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh yeah

And those 20 hour a week underpaid employees also knock down about $6000 in “Earned Income Credit” payments.

Wouldn’t want to screw that golden goose and get an education, make better money.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Except for the fact that Walmart doesn't offer full time to everyone. Its a limited number because once they become full time, they get benefits and it costs the company more. Its been a huge complaint on the part of workers. Walmart has just in the last month said they were going to increase the number of full time employees as a way to retain workers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

They have increasingly propagated the message that cash equates to criminality, i.e., criminality is presumed when someone is in possession of more than a couple of hundred dollars in cash. This foreseeably has a chilling effect on the use of cash.

It all comes down to:
1. Is the LEO a criminal?
Anyone who thinks that anyone becomes perfectly virtuous by means of passing an a course and taking an oath is an idolator of the system they worship.
John the Baptist addressed that with Rome's own internal paramil members.
2. Opportunity.
3. Does the criminal think they can get away with it?
For many years the NOPD had a reputation for stealing peoples personal cars and trucks off the roads if they "liked them." Since the whole system was corrupt, they got very bold.
4.. Have you ever seen the victim of a mugging get robbed by the cops? They caught the mugger and kept the little bit of money for evidence. They refused to return it to the kid. The magistrate would not do anything about it. However, he personally made sure the charges were dropped against the armed felon.

All that to say that there may be some state code or policies, but a lot of US towns are no better than third world commie nations.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Too little money, you can be arrested as a vargrent, too much, you lose it as it as "Drug Money. crazy

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 17 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.