Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 02:28:29 PM EST, Benjamin Martin <repairservice.cop.uszeiss.com> wrote:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry into our Conquest MC product line. The only photo that came along with your e-mail is the serial number photo. The issue you have described is not a manufacturing defect with the lens coating. Unfortunately we do not cover lenses that are damaged due to improper lens care. We do not recommend using dish soap to clean your optic.

The manual states the following in terms of lens cleaning and care:
Do not under any circumstances wipe off coarse dirt particles(e.g. sand) from the lenses, but blow them off or remove them using a soft brush. If not removed, finger marks can damage the lens surface. The proper way to clean the lens surfaces is with a quality lens spray cleaner or moist lens tissue and then wipe them with a clean optics cleaning cloth.

In the event that you would like to replace your scope we need to inform you that your scope has been discontinued and is no longer repairable due to parts and tooling availability. However, if you send your scope in to our service department we can offer you a good will sale on a NEW optic at a significantly discounted price. We will need your scope before we can make this offer.

We appreciate your continued patronage,

Your ZEISS Customer Care Team
ZEISS Consumer Products
COP Repair Service

1050 Worldwide Blvd
Hebron, KY 41048
USA

Phone: (800) 441-3005
repair.sportsopticszeiss.com
Web: www.zeiss.com/us

-------------------------------

Hah! You just proved my point!

NEVER did they say the warranty was voided by using non-Zeiss products -- and NOWHERE do they state you must use Zeiss products for cleaning. You damaged the lenses or coatings via your own methods and now want to use Zeiss as a scapegoat because they wouldn't fix what you screwed up. There's no need to spread lies because you have misdirected anger at a company for not giving you something for free. Find the fault and direct the anger where it belongs: with yourself.

Nonsense. They said that in email and said zeiss products on the phone. If you choose to remain willfully ignorant that is your burden. Most people would care more for their own honor than sycophancy for a brand name.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 02:28:29 PM EST, Benjamin Martin <repairservice.cop.uszeiss.com> wrote:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry into our Conquest MC product line. The only photo that came along with your e-mail is the serial number photo. The issue you have described is not a manufacturing defect with the lens coating. Unfortunately we do not cover lenses that are damaged due to improper lens care. We do not recommend using dish soap to clean your optic.

Do not under any circumstances wipe off coarse dirt particles(e.g. sand) from the lenses, but blow them off or remove them using a soft brush. If not removed, finger marks can damage the lens surface. The proper way to clean the lens surfaces is with a quality lens spray cleaner or moist lens tissue and then wipe them with a clean optics cleaning cloth.

In the event that you would like to replace your scope we need to inform you that your scope has been discontinued and is no longer repairable due to parts and tooling availability. However, if you send your scope in to our service department we can offer you a good will sale on a NEW optic at a significantly discounted price. We will need your scope before we can make this offer.

ZEISS Consumer Products
COP Repair Service

1050 Worldwide Blvd
Hebron, KY 41048
USA

-------------------------------

Hah! You just proved my point!

NEVER did they say the warranty was voided by using non-Zeiss products -- and NOWHERE do they state you must use Zeiss products for cleaning. You damaged the lenses or coatings via your own methods and now want to use Zeiss as a scapegoat because they wouldn't fix what you screwed up. There's no need to spread lies because you have misdirected anger at a company for not giving you something for free. Find the fault and direct the anger where it belongs: with yourself.

Nonsense. They said that in email and said zeiss products on the phone. If you choose to remain willfully ignorant that is your burden. Most people would care more for their own honor than sycophancy for a brand name.

They didn't say it in the email that you posted

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by jwp475
Zeiss says cleaning lenses with anything other than their lens cleaner voids the warranty. I wouldn't buy a Zeiss magnifying glass on sale.

Originally Posted by jwp475
Zeiss says cleaning lenses with anything other than their lens cleaner voids the warranty. I wouldn't buy a Zeiss magnifying glass on sale.

You may just want to ask Zeiss directly if they have ever asked anyone what they used to clean the lenses and then voided the warranty as a result of the answer LOL. I've sent in Zeiss scopes for warranty work and for reticle changes and have NEVER been asked that.

By the way, I just looked at one of my Zeiss manuals, and NOWHERE does it state what you claim. I'm not saying it may not be in another product's manual, but I don't recall reading that in any of mine and have used Zeiss for decades.

FROM ZEISS MANUAL:

Care and maintenance
Your riflescope has ZEISS LotuTec ® coating. The effective protective coating for the lens surfaces noticeably reduces contamination of the lenses through an especially smooth surface and the resulting water-beading effect. All types of contamination stick less and can be quickly and easily removed without smearing. LotuTec® coating is durable and abrasion-resistant.

Your ZEISS riflescope requires no special maintenance. Do not wipe coarse particles (e. g. sand) from the lenses. Blow them off, or use a soft brush! Over time, fingerprints can corrode the lens surface. Breathing on the lens and polishing with a clean optical cleansing cloth/tissue is the easiest method of cleaning the lens surface.
-------------

I also just looked at a pre-Lotutec manual. Again, there is no mention of what you claim.

I got that straight from actual first hand experience dealing with Zeiss. You wouldn't expect it would you? That's the reason I bothered to type it.

Show where that is written

Good afternoon,

ZEISS Consumer Products
COP Repair Service

1050 Worldwide Blvd
Hebron, KY 41048
USA

You said that not Zeiss

No, that's email from Zeiss and they said that about specific product when I called to clarify.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Thus us what they said in the email that you posted

"The proper way to clean the lens surfaces is with a quality lens spray cleaner or moist lens tissue and then wipe them with a clean optics cleaning cloth."

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Indeed, which they clarified verbally as meaning their brand. I'm not seeing how this is confusing. More to the point, you'd have to ask Zeiss specifically with those details to find out. It's a fact which I have shown with more documentation than you could reasonably expect.

None of you have anything specific to refute it. I wouldn't know had I not asked. Ask yourself.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Indeed, which they clarified verbally as meaning their brand. I'm not seeing how this is confusing. More to the point, you'd have to ask Zeiss specifically with those details to find out. It's a fact which I have shown with more documentation than you could reasonably expect.

None of you have anything specific to refute it. I wouldn't know had I not asked. Ask yourself.

No where in the info from Zeiss that you posted does it say only zeiss lens cleaning products

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

No, that's email from Zeiss and they said that about specific product when I called to clarify.

Well, if it's not written, then it's not a warranty exclusion/inclusion. It's not exactly rocket science. And nowhere have you shown that Zeiss specified the use of Zeiss-only products in their e-mail to you or in their literature. The hole is getting deep, so maybe it's time for you to stop digging LOL. After all, everyone here except you have grasped -- and understood -- this.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
With all the input, is there anybody here who hasn't figured how to properly clean lenses, and why not? Ya think it's rocket science?

H
H
I have a 10 year old Conquest 3.5 x10 on a 22 250. It was and is still better glass than the equivalent Leupold. I did not look through the better glass that Zeiss offers. Have stayed away from high end glass for fear That I will only buy it going forward.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stick uses Ziess... That is all you need to know for now. Laffin

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Were some of the Diavari models made in the late 1990s assembled in the USA?

Although I don't completely trust my memory these days, I seem to recall owning a 3-9 model that had a noticeably short eye relief.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have half dozen conquests with top end magnification 10-15X. Have had them for five or more years. Great scopes.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've compared the D with the Victory.
I know you didn't ask, so I won't share details other than the following or you might be tempted to spend too much $.

I haven't compared to every top tier scope brand by any means. I will say this, you know that it is top tier by way of clarity, crispness and light gathering.
If you want an early to late hunting experience without going with a night vision, I'd think you would be a happy camper with a Zeiss set up in that range.

3-12 Will cover anything you can hunt in any part of the world.
56 is the biggest bell that lets in the most light.
Some say it's overkill and bigger than necessary. I say, maybe but who cares. At the cost of an extra ounce of weight, I'd go for it if I had the money and interested in a big tube to boot. Don't worry about lighted reticles or the fluoride lens unless its really important to you.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Light gathering LOL

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Well, if it's not written, then it's not a warranty exclusion/inclusion. It's not exactly rocket science. And nowhere have you shown that Zeiss specified the use of Zeiss-only products in their e-mail to you or in their literature. The hole is getting deep, so maybe it's time for you to stop digging LOL. After all, everyone here except you have grasped -- and understood -- this.

I answered your query honestly, with pertinent facts. You want to play childish fanboy games. Next you'll ask for me to tap their phones or drag a Zeiss rep to your house and have them sign an affidavit. The fact is you are ignorant on this topic because you lack the direct experience to speak to it.

You appear comfortable in your little kool aid soaked world of self delusion. I will leave you to it and your scopes from a company which, when convenient, claims their coatings do not have integrity equal to a cheap pair of eyeglasses.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
In case this wasn't obvious, the issue isn't cleaning methods. It's Zeiss will try to find a way out of their responsibility and so are not worth the cost for users who rely on warranties. If you are stretching your budget beyond what you can afford without missing it, Zeiss is a poor bet.

I've used Dawn on every lens I've ever had. No problem. It wasn't the problem with that Zeiss scope either. They just seized on that point to avoid covering a manufacturing defect.

I just remembered I have a pair of Zeiss lenses in eyeglasses that are several years old. Still good.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I know you didn't ask, so I won't share details other than the following or you might be tempted to spend too much $.

I haven't compared to every top tier scope brand by any means. I will say this, you know that it is top tier by way of clarity, crispness and light gathering.
If you want an early to late hunting experience without going with a night vision, I'd think you would be a happy camper with a Zeiss set up in that range.

Some say it's overkill and bigger than necessary. I say, maybe but who cares. At the cost of an extra ounce of weight, I'd go for it if I had the money and interested in a big tube to boot. Don't worry about lighted reticles or the fluoride lens unless its really important to you.

A Conquest 3-12x56MC weighs 25.8oz; my Diavari Victory 2.5-10x42 weighs 15.5oz. BIG difference; and I can see as late as I need to. Spectacular scope

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

A Conquest 3-12x56MC weighs 25.8oz; my Diavari Victory 2.5-10x42 weighs 15.5oz. BIG difference; and I can see as late as I need to. Spectacular scope

Those 2.5-10x42 should be a standard offering from Zeiss. Yes they are spectacular scopes.

My Victory HT 2.5-10x50 weighed around 18 ounces.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 06/15/21.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
urbaneruralite-

I've used just about every scope line Zeiss has offered . Before my health failed, they got treated rather roughly hunting in south central TX terrain. Never, ever has a coatings issue arisen, but then again, I clean optical glass the way it is meant to be cleaned. And I clean them OFTEN as I seem to be a bit obsessive when it comes to having lenses in pristine condition and free of any dirt, dust, etc.

I've gone through dozens upon dozens of scopes over the years. You can ask anyone who has ever bought one of my used scopes -- especially those of the Zeiss brand -- as to the condition of the lenses and whether coatings were compromised in any form or fashion.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
UrbanRurallightinthe loafers

Typical liberal. Makes a mountain out of a molehill. Take up badminton, your party abhors hunting.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 06/15/21.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 29 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,875
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.