LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aliens do not like dogs either deflave.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
no good chihuahuas exist.

I kinda liked that Taco Bell dog. Only because he’d remind me that TB was open at 1AM, when I was shît faced and hungry.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Those who do not like dogs, remember this should you ever visit El Ranchito de los Perros Flacos.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by deflave
I hate dogs.

Matter of fact, I hate pets in general. I think the concept is stupid.

The best part of dogs is when they die and their owners think they will see them on the other side of the “Rainbow Bridge”.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
no good chihuahuas exist.

Only other dogs I hate besides for Pits

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find I have a hard time trusting Pit Bulls.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I LOVE DOGS!

I make my living from dogs.

Did I tell you that I LOVE DOGS?

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
What've you got against labradoodles?

You'd think that crossing a lab with a poodle would produce a sensible, biddable dog, but the vast majority of the doodles I've met over the years (and I meet several dogs per day, every day),have been absolute goons. They ignore all commands, straining at the leash, jumping around at the mere sight of another dog. I am always surprised to meet one that doesn't act like this.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SuperCub

You'd think that crossing a lab with a poodle would produce a sensible, biddable dog, but the vast majority of the doodles I've met over the years (and I meet several dogs per day, every day),have been absolute goons. They ignore all commands, straining at the leash, jumping around at the mere sight of another dog. I am always surprised to meet one that doesn't act like this.

See the same with Labs and Poodles.

People see the well trained versions and know the intelligence levels of the breeds.

So they get one. Figuring that the one THEY own will be a great dog.
Due to breed and the superiority of the owner. (Just like their kids!)

Except you now have an intelligent, high energy dog.
With little training, no job to do, no focus.
Ain't gonna be good. No matter the breed.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’ll take a dog 9 out of 10 times. Labradoodles as the exception.

Me too, but to be honest, I'm tired of both. Down to two Aussies, a Catahoula and a JRT.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
I LOVE DOGS!

I make my living from dogs.

Did I tell you that I LOVE DOGS?

I take it you have a kennel.....or do you raise them also.......bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dogs are moar better.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Don't know what i would do with out my dogs. Rio7

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Those who do not like dogs, remember this should you ever visit El Ranchito de los Perros Flacos.

They have that in the form of a tin sign at a local pet shop. I have one hanging in my living room. People who don't like dogs are not welcome in my home.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
When I was really young, I identified with the dogs more than humans. It kind of made sense in a way. Dogs were more my size. They played with toys. They were interested in the same things. Part of that stayed with me.

In general, I find the company of a smart dog to be about as satisfying as that with a human. There have been notable exceptions on both sides.

As a for-instance, I seem perfectly happy to be on my own when there is a dog with me. If there's no dog, I'm good for about 3 days with no human contact and then I get really antsy.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by SuperCub

See the same with Labs and Poodles.

People see the well trained versions and know the intelligence levels of the breeds.

So they get one. Figuring that the one THEY own will be a great dog.
Due to breed and the superiority of the owner. (Just like their kids!)

Except you now have an intelligent, high energy dog.
With little training, no job to do, no focus.
Ain't gonna be good. No matter the breed.

I would say that less than 1% of dog owners have any idea of how to really train a dog. They also have no idea of how to manage the relationship with the dog. I guess if all one wants is a housepet that is, to one degree or another, a pita, that's okay. The worst cases, and there are two close by that I see all the time, are people that get high-energy field breeds and think they're going to make a dual-purpose house-pet/field dog out of them, send them off to a "trainer" for a month or two, get them back and give them a little training a few times a week but let them have the run of the house all the rest of the time.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Anything crossed with a poodle, especially a working poodle is going to be a handful. One of the smartest dogs I ever knew was one.

I've never seen a more mischievous animal. These were real practical joke deals. The dog figured out a way to steal playing cards off the top of a deck left on the kitchen table and hide them around the house without disturbing the deck, and leaving no tooth marks on the card. She also used to steal hand towels out of the bathrooms so you had nothing to dry your hands.

She also used to go on hunger strikes. We figured out the purpose of these was to get me to come over. My grandparents would call up and tell my folks that the dog had gone off her food again. I'd be sent over (ten houses away) to hand feed the dog. After that, she'd be fine for a month or two.

She didn't like a leash, but liked going for walks. After a while, my Grandfather would just hand her the end of the leash, and she'd carry it in her mouth and stay by his side. You had to have the leash on, otherwise, she'd run after squirrels and such.

She also worked better than an alarm clock. She got my grandparents up within 5 minutes of 7AM every morning. She also had the TV schedule memorized and would stand in front of the TV and bark if they tried to stay up to watch TV past 9 PM. If they tried to play cards past Nine, she'd bark at them until they quit.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

Every person that has a dog is a dog trainer some are ok at it some have no idea, and the dog trains them, i am no expert but my dogs work for me. and help me do my job. Rio7

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cra1948
I would say that less than 1% of dog owners have any idea of how to really train a dog. They also have no idea of how to manage the relationship with the dog. I guess if all one wants is a housepet that is, to one degree or another, a pita, that's okay. The worst cases, and there are two close by that I see all the time, are people that get high-energy field breeds and think they're going to make a dual-purpose house-pet/field dog out of them, send them off to a "trainer" for a month or two, get them back and give them a little training a few times a week but let them have the run of the house all the rest of the time.

This is bang on! ...... Most times folks buy the wrong dogs for the wrong purpose and get the wrong results.

I always laugh at folks who buy hounds who don't hunt..

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.