Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Coincidentally, in about 6 weeks we pick up a standard poodle puppy. It's been a year and a half since our dogs died and we both miss having a dog, so we bought pick of the litter. Cute little thing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SuperCub
You'd think that crossing a lab with a poodle would produce a sensible, biddable dog, but the vast majority of the doodles I've met over the years (and I meet several dogs per day, every day),have been absolute goons. They ignore all commands, straining at the leash, jumping around at the mere sight of another dog. I am always surprised to meet one that doesn't act like this.

How many labradoodles are bred from good working lines?

What sort of people by labradoodles?

Seems like collars are considered “cruel” anymore, most every labradoodle I’ve seen is wearing a harness that encourages them to pull. The male labradoodles I see usually have tiny sheaths indicating they were neutered at a way-early age, rendering them imbeciles for life.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
They're still mutts, until you can stabilize an F2 cross.

Breed two F1 crosses of golden doodle, labradoodle, morkie, whatever, and you never know what you will get.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The male labradoodles I see usually have tiny sheaths indicating they were neutered at a way-early age, rendering them imbeciles for life.

Crap. I knew it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Who the hell hates dogs? I can’t imagine a time in my life that won’t be shared with a good dog. Parents bred pure bred spaniels my whole time growing up, one grandad had a pack of Black and Tans for coons, other had at least 20 beagles for rabbits. Various family members had working dogs for farm and sporting use. That’s not a pet, that’s a contributing member of the family.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don’t hate dogs but I don’t love them either, sort of the same feelings I have towards cattle. I like a good bird dog but don’t get all worked up and have an orgasm when one makes a point or retrieve. I got scolded on here a while ago for saying I enjoy shooting quail more than I enjoy walking around with a shotgun looking at a dog’s [bleep]. I like my weenie dog, she likes to hang out in my easy chair with me and read, but I won’t be crushed like I lost a child when she goes.

Matter of fact I told the wife not long ago that when our dogs die I want to be out of the dog having business for a while. Can’t just take off for a weekend spontaneously, have to find someone to watch them. Can’t just hop in with my dad and uncles to run up to SD to bird hunt spur of the moment, no place for the weenie dog. Working late on a spur of the moment, have to get someone with a key to the house to go let the dogs out. At least with a kid they’re allowed everywhere you might go aside from maybe the strip club.

Last edited by TheKid; 06/21/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Who the hell hates dogs? I can’t imagine a time in my life that won’t be shared with a good dog. Parents bred pure bred spaniels my whole time growing up, one grandad had a pack of Black and Tans for coons, other had at least 20 beagles for rabbits. Various family members had working dogs for farm and sporting use. That’s not a pet, that’s a contributing member of the family.

Flave doesn’t need any dogs. His prey drive is huge...For cock !

LOL

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The male labradoodles I see usually have tiny sheaths indicating they were neutered at a way-early age, rendering them imbeciles for life.

Crap. I knew it.

😂

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Labradoodles are too soft.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
I hate dogs.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Females start to sag as they get older.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Us males pretty much just carry on as always.

Last edited by las; 06/21/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Crap. I knew it.

LOL ..... I see what you did there. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheKid
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Morewood
What've you got against labradoodles?

You'd think that crossing a lab with a poodle would produce a sensible, biddable dog, but the vast majority of the doodles I've met over the years (and I meet several dogs per day, every day),have been absolute goons. They ignore all commands, straining at the leash, jumping around at the mere sight of another dog. I am always surprised to meet one that doesn't act like this.

What kinda SxS is that?

That one isn’t mine but it’s an SKB, probably a 100. I have/had several of them. Great shotguns.

This is correct. It is an SKB M100 20ga. Originally 28" F/M but chokes were reamed to IC/M. It's pretty much perfect for a working ruffed grouse gun except it's missing one trigger.

My hairy friend in the pic is a smooth coat Pudelpointer. smile

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 29aholic, 264mag, 30 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,492
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.