Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Most likely encountered an errant headwind. Those jumps are typically very calculated….required speed, ramp angles, etc.. Too much speed(tailwind) and you over jump to the flat, not enough speed(headwind) and you end up short like this guy.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Not smart with having a young family.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by travelingman1
He died doing what he wanted. I have no problem with that. At least he was out doing something. Not just waiting to get old and die.
Now his young son can grow up telling his friends how Daddy killed himself. This life isn't about 'me'. He had a family to look after and he failed as a father.

This is how he made a living to support his family. Get it? He didn't fail as a father at all.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 06/21/21.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A father can not take care of his family if he is dead. Unless he had a five million dollar life insurance policy to take care of his family in the event of his death, he was a hands-down loser.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
He died doing what he wanted. I have no problem with that. At least he was out doing something. Not just waiting to get old and die.
Now his young son can grow up telling his friends how Daddy killed himself. This life isn't about 'me'. He had a family to look after and he failed as a father.

This is how he made a living to support his family. Get it? He didn't fail as a father at all.
How much did he leave them? Enough to see the kids through their growing up years? Who's going to teach them how to be good citizens and good Americans? Insurance? I suspect that he had none. Most life insurance companies will have waivers that won't pay if he gets killed doing stuff like this. If he gave a damn about his family, he wouldn't have been doing stuff like this.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Couldn't watch after seeing the still of the ramp angle and bike position. I still watch Evel at Caesars, but Evel survived so that's tolerable and educational.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

How much did he leave them? Enough to see the kids through their growing up years? Who's going to teach them how to be good citizens and good Americans? Insurance? I suspect that he had none. Most life insurance companies will have waivers that won't pay if he gets killed doing stuff like this. If he gave a damn about his family, he wouldn't have been doing stuff like this.

That's a ridiculous argument. People die. Some jobs are more dangerous than others. None of which has anything whatsoever to do with anyone's ability as a parent or husband/wife. I guess if he was a fat [bleep] pencil pusher who died because he ate himself to death, he would get a gold star.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

That's a ridiculous argument. People die. Some jobs are more dangerous than others. None of which has anything whatsoever to do with anyone's ability as a parent or husband/wife. I guess if he was a fat [bleep] pencil pusher who died because he ate himself to death, he would get a gold star.

Insured or not????? https://www.insure.com/life-insurance/extreme-sports.html

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

It’s a damned good argument.

Risking his life, at his age and situation, for entertainment, is asinine. His primary responsibility was to his family. Where is that responsibility now?

Entertainment. Not as a warrior. Not as a protector. The job he got paid to do was nothing more than to risk his life so other people could be entertained.

He’s dead and some other guy is gonna be fùcking his wife and teaching his son to ride a bike in a few years. So how does that rate as a husband and father?

Entertainment. Shìt.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
None of us are guaranteed tomorrow. This guy was doing what he knew to provide for his family. A lot of folks have cheated death, he just wasn't one of them.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

It’s a damned good argument.

Risking his life, at his age and situation, for entertainment, is asinine. His primary responsibility was to his family. Where is that responsibility now?

Entertainment. Not as a warrior. Not as a protector. The job he got paid to do was nothing more than to risk his life so other people could be entertained.

He’s dead and some other guy is gonna be fùcking his wife and teaching his son to ride a bike in a few years. So how does that rate as a husband and father?

Rates as dereliction of his duty as a family man to provide and protect.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,431
Posts18,470,796
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.