Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
You might take a look at Shackelford or Throckmorton County’s. Land is higher, though.

Thanks. How's Weatherford and slightly west of there?

High priced real estate. Especially the closer you get to Lake Possum Kingdom.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I always liked Possum Kingdom very nice. I have a Bud that has a nice spread in Temple, on Lake Belton, but not sure I want to head that direction. Athens, TX used to be fairly nice, but that was long ago and I'd rather be West of the Metroplex rather than East. I was looking at Del Rio, but that's a bit too far and there's lots of illegal alien problems along the border there.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You might take a look at Shackelford or Throckmorton County’s. Land is higher, though.

I was referring more to the crime/dope aspect. I don't particularly want to be round a bunch of groids and I want to get away from all the messikans as well.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Thanks for the heads up. How's Weatherford and slightly west of there?

I stopped at the Conoco station at exit 307 and I-20 not too long ago, which I believe is in Callahan county or real close (Baird, TX) just west of Putnam and there was a chick inside working the counter. You could easily tell she was a meth/crack abuser, otherwise she would have been a pretty danged good-lookin' woman. Damn shame. Land prices are getting too high around around Albany, + I hear it's very clickish and not overly welcoming to new folks.

Yep. Baird. My Great Great Grandfather ran the first Train Station there when the Railroad first went through there in the 1880’s
There were some good looking girls there when I was going to Jr College in Cisco in 1980. We used to stop and eat at the DQ back then.
Nowadays, most there look like methheads.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I was referring more to the crime/dope aspect. I don't particularly want to be round a bunch of groids and I want to get away from all the messikans as well.

Better than Callahan County on the Crime. A few Groids. As far as wetbacks, unfortunately they’re everywhere in N TX nowadays.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was discussing the degradation and destruction of north Atlanta in the past 15 years, as slowly but surely nigs take over the neighborhoods of the rich white folks, and it is unbelievable for me to see this.

This reminds me of the film from 40 years ago, Escape From New York. A sci fi movie, set in the year 2050, New York was taken over by criminal scum so the government gave up on it. Built a big wall around it and the entire city was a big prison. It was run by armed gangs and the few civilians left there were just up the creek, they were on their own and needed guns and luck just to live another day. A science fiction account of the ruination of a once great city, starring Kurt Russell.

Well that seemed like wacked out sci fi 40 years ago, but now, north Atlanta is headed that way. Talk about defunding the police. Crime running rampant and criminals being released on no bail. Yes, at the rate it is going, Atlanta is about 10 years away from being just like the horror city portrayed in Escape From New York. I am sure glad I don't live there any more. Had to drive through Atlanta on the downtown connector two weeks ago, once down and once again back, I had to go to Fayetteville to visit my sister and to settle the estate of my mother, no choice I had to drive through twice in one day! God Help Me!
Good God I detest that city.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks chlins.

simon: Don't forget Snake Plissken...

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/21/21.

- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
chlinstructor: are u familiar w? Belle Plain Cemetery and the old school ruins?

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
chlinstructor: are u familiar w? Belle Plain Cemetery and the old school ruins?

Yes. I’ve been there. Back when I was a kid.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/21/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
it's difficult to find a county to move to in TX that's relatively close to the Metroplex and light on groids, messikans and crime.

... and that has a decent population of hot chicks. Lots of hot chicks in Weatherford though.

- Del Gue
IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have a ranch in Albany and property in Weatherford. Had a criminal trespass on Weatherford property and called the sherrif. This is 20yrs ago. Met the sheriff at my property and the first thing he asked is do you carry a gun. Before I could answer he said you need to, drugs are bad here . Unfortunately it’s just as bad in Shackleford county(Albany) or no matter how far west you go. We’re not in America anymore Toto, you better be packing. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Only one you can depend on is yourself. MAGA

H
H
Athens is very nice, great soil there and has gotten relatively expensive.
That would be my choice of land surrounding the metroplex. Muenster is about 70 miles N and W of Dallas - nice place, but small. St Jo a bit farther - grassland Some elevation change - very small. Too many old apartments in Dallas and vagrants on every corner. Good luck with your search.

Last edited by Hawg; 06/21/21.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
it's difficult to find a county to move to in TX that's relatively close to the Metroplex and light on groids, messikans and crime.. . .

Sorry, there hasn't been a place like that here in years.
For many years you could move an hour out and be ok.
A decade ago, it was 2 hours out. Not any more.
There's people here now that will drive 2 1/2 - 3 hours
from outside of DFW to come in and work.
I've known a couple that drove daily from Oklahoma.
I used to work with a man that drove from just this
side of the Red river daily. Worked with a man that
drove from Longview to Dallas daily.

There's no place i know of here anymore to move
away from the mess that was brought here.
Way too late

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Hawg
Athens is very nice, great soil there and has gotten relatively expensive.
That would be my choice of land surrounding the metroplex. Muenster is about 70 miles N and W of Dallas - nice place, but small. St Jo a bit farther - grassland Some elevation change - very small. Too many old apartments in Dallas and vagrants on every corner. Good luck with your search.

Athens and Muenster and all those formerly nice
places to live are filling up with yuppies and criminals
and dopers from other areas and I'd say 20 years or
less will be as bad as the suburbs around DFW are now.
Athens has been well on its way for some time now

All the little smaller out of the way places that have
these folklife festivals, and springtime festivals,
and Christmas pageants and such attract people
moving in from outside that soon spoil whatever
charm and small town appeal the place once had

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What's a man to do? Might have to move to somewhere in WY, but that doesn't solve the issue w/ my folks - I'd be too far away. This sucks. GD corrupt politicians.

I just heard on the news that the Border Patrol said they will begin releasing 100,000 illegal aliens each month into the country for lack of space in the detention facilities and if they're releasing that many, you know that 3x that amount have crossed illegally. F*cking basterds. All politicians are crooks and have no qualms whatsoever about ruining America - it's nauseating.

How about deporting those millions of illegals instead of releasing them into the country - has anyone in gov't even considered that? At this point, America is lost and will never recover, short a civil war which in my opinion will never happen.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
US Border Patrol made 170K contacts with wetbacks trying to cross the Southern Border in May ALONE this year.
If the caught 170K, just imagine the number that got away! In one month!!!

Not to mention the estimated 20 to 30 MILLION already here living ILLEGALLY! 😡

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/21/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
it's F'n pitiful. America has become a bad joke.

My beloved TX will be blue in the next few years.

As goes Texas, so goes the nation.

- Del Gue
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Ditto for the suburbs around Atlanta. The city of Atlanta has been a schit hole since the late 60’s early 70’s. I remember when “ Mammy’s Shanty” was the best family restaurant in town and Aunt Fannie’s Cabin was THE Place for fried chicken back in the day. .

I remember "Mammy's Shanty"! My parents took me with them on a business trip to Atlanta in the mid 1960s. I guess I was maybe 10 or so then. Some of my father's business associates took us out to eat there one evening. As I remember, the food was very good. I have not thought about that in many decades. Thanks for the memories!

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
. . . and light on groids, messikans and crime

What's just as bad this day and age is the white trash
meth heads and their enabling parents and grandparents
and the countryside is rife with mud sharks of every age
and description
Everywhere you go for 200 miles in any direction you'll
see the grocery stores full of old white haired white women
with a surprise riding in the cart

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Erath Co. is still pretty grod-free. Cowboys, goat-ropers, feed stores and country music.
One hour to Cowtown (Ft. Worth).

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (22250rem, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,639 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,951
Posts18,519,264
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.