Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
[bleep] rain and no rain is always a blessing here.

It pours or it don’t and when it does it’s bad.

Dry and hot here.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was fishing on Lake Michigan this morning.Water at record highs.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've often wondered why instead of our foreign military adventures we haven't spent our money right here. I would imagine for way less money and heartbreak we could have gotten Great Lakes water over the hump and into the arid West. Also considering all the angst over sea level and coastal erosion. We have mountains of rocks that could have been moved to build sea walls such as Galveston built over 100 years ago. We have plenty of water and plenty of rocks and plenty of people that should be working on it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We actually have 3 straight days of sunshine forecasted.

locals been busting their asses trying get a 2nd cut in on their hay. Get it up before 3 days of rain return for this weekend

Fuggin rain is getting on my nerves. Been too muddy to go to the steel salvage and junkyards.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Am I the only one that sees the “severe drought” area and thinks, of course it dry there, it’s a fuggin desert! Places like Vegas, Phoenix and southern Utah were not meant for human habitation! Cracks me up when people say “It’s hot and dry here.” No [bleep] Sherlock!

Maybe it’s just me?

Elk Country

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HitnRun
What a colossal lie. Every year and every condition always becomes the worst ever. They forget the dry years leading up to the fires in Yellowstone in 1988, when it had been so dry for years previous that the moisture content in the dead trees in Yellowstone was lower than what you would find in the wood furniture in your house. But, that isn't relevant now, because they want to make a point and scream "The Sky is falling" and "The earth is burning up."

No matter what the condition, it will always be catastrophic, because normal isn't interesting.

uhhh say what? you haven't seen the country I have seen. I buried my truck in flour dust last fall in the nevada high desert. vast areas have been burned. its like the grim reaper has been through and killed pretty much everything. jackrabbits, all dead, coyotes nearly all dead. heck even birds and flying varmints, nearly all dead. the drought is real, very real. look at the lake depths of lake powell and lake mead. the lowest since before they were ever full.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live in the “exceptional drought” area of ND on the map shown above. I’m 47 and have never seen the coulee I live on as dry as it is now. It flowed water year round from 2011-2013 and this spring it was dusty and my neighbor dug 15 side dumps of black dirt out of the bottom of it to do some landscaping. Very little precipitation of any kind for 3 years now, this year being the worst.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The wheat is 6” tall and headed out.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The desert in SW Wyoming is as dry as I’ve ever seen it. Every beef cow, wild horse,antelope, deer, and elk I see looks pretty desperate for something to drink. Obviously they’re finding it from somewhere, or they wouldn’t be alive. But I bet they have to look far and wide.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Sounds le more Global Warming Bullschitt.

We’ve had three of the wettest years on record here. 😜

You in the west?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well...its not uncommon to be hot and dry this time of year.

I am MAGA.
Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Well...its not uncommon to be hot and dry this time of year.

True, but we usually get snow to make up for that in the winter. We’re a little short on that this year. Or spring rains, for that matter.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am in southeast Arizona. We have had less than five inches of rain since January 2020. Normal would be 12+. Prickly pear cactus and barrel cactus are dying. Saguaros are looking pretty sick. Heard there are 20 fires burning in Arizona. Interstate 10 was closed yesterday between Benson and Willcox because the walnut fire jumped the freeway. Reservoirs are at record low levels.

Meteorologists are saying there is a good chance this year will be better than last year. They are basing that forecast on the fact that 1929 was the only recorded year that was worse than last year. They aren't saying whether it will be average, above average or below average. Only that it will be better than last year. Pretty safe forecast.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Have lived in Utah 42 years now....

Yea...purty damm badd

We really need a week of soaking rain

I’ve put in my order as well, but haven’t got the confirmation email......

I just hope it’s one of those “couple of decades” droughts. If it’s going to be like the one that lasted over 100 years there would be some changes around these parts.

Understatement of the season candidate.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm waiting for the democrats to tell me what to think.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I heard 27 drops of rain fall on the deck cover yesterday from a passing cloud.

I doubt it ended the drought here.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Supposed to be 110 here on Sunday and triple digits for a week at least. Only 67 at the Oregon coast at the same time. Good time to be there and not here.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
I've often wondered why instead of our foreign military adventures we haven't spent our money right here. I would imagine for way less money and heartbreak we could have gotten Great Lakes water over the hump and into the arid West. Also considering all the angst over sea level and coastal erosion. We have mountains of rocks that could have been moved to build sea walls such as Galveston built over 100 years ago. We have plenty of water and plenty of rocks and plenty of people that should be working on it.

That sort of idea is why the Colorado River now disappears into the sand, well short of its original destination, leaving those who formerly depended on it downstream in the lurch, and politicians deciding winners and losers where the stolen water ends up. IMO, desalinization of seawater is the logical solution to Kali’s problem, but that takes a lot of energy, and we all know how evil most energy is. Dams can help, but they’ve managed to screw those up as well. Nothing is going to help in the wilderness areas except Time. Twas ever thus, and ever shall be. Futzing around with natural cycles is a fool’s errand.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, there's already enough issues with moving water from one drainage to another. In more than a few places.

The Trinity river in NorCal is dammed and then pumped "over the hill" to the Sacramento drainage.

But, let's pump some of that Great Lakes water over the Rockies to the West. We need more quagga and zebra mussels, maybe some sea lamprey juveniles too. Some of them jumping carp too.

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Hastings

That sort of idea is why the Colorado River now disappears into the sand, well short of its original destination, leaving those who formerly depended on it downstream in the lurch, and politicians deciding winners and losers where the stolen water ends up. IMO, desalinization of seawater is the logical solution to Kali’s problem, but that takes a lot of energy, and we all know how evil most energy is. Dams can help, but they’ve managed to screw those up as well. Nothing is going to help in the wilderness areas except Time. Twas ever thus, and ever shall be. Futzing around with natural cycles is a fool’s errand.
Check out what I wrote. Was proposing moving excess Great Lakes water across the divide and rocks to the coast instead of spending our national treasure on foreign adventures that have brought us and the world nothing but misery.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1234, 17CalFan, 1_deuce, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 1,767 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,105
Posts18,522,468
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.