R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
ha

Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Why? thousands of same tests on utube comparing hundreds of coolers over the years.

Because he is another whiney, old douchebag that cannot navigate Youtube and hasn’t sprung for new cooler since the piece of crap $6 styrofoam job he bought in 1974.

He thinks miss lynn is a hot piece of ass

Haha god damn I just peed!! 😂😂

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Sit to pee because if in a hurry and you try to pee faster, you could fart......and after age 50, well farts cant really be trusted.

Yeah yeah, could DVR the Simpsons and not have to hurry during commercials.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by 45_100
It is obvious most of you don't know Miles.

Yeah you're right, but when you're an 'attention ho' you gotta find something or somebody to talk about and show others how smart you are.

Well I’m all tore up.

Are you going to contribute any worthwhile data to your friend’s cooler conversation or just piss and moan?

Awww, what's the matter, truth hurts? Got that 'little man syndrome'?

If you would read, I agreed with you about priming/cooling the ice chest before using it. But I guess you just looked over that, so you could trash talk about someone and show people how smart you are.

Hope you have a good day.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just buy an ARB plug in and be done with ice altogether.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by 45_100
It is obvious most of you don't know Miles.

Yeah you're right, but when you're an 'attention ho' you gotta find something or somebody to talk about and show others how smart you are.

Well I’m all tore up.

Are you going to contribute any worthwhile data to your friend’s cooler conversation or just piss and moan?

You're getting a little out of control, Randy happens to be a hell of a nice guy.

I don't know what's up with you lately but I know I don't appreciate it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Again, I am not trying to keep anything cool a long time, right now. What I am doing is a test, and I am doing it now because it is long hot days, and hot nights. I have my pelican sitting right beside it with ice and bottled water. I add ice and water every day, and I drink a lot of water out of it. The opening and closing and adding hotter drinks makes it not keep for days, but with the test one thing that I am looking at is by keeping it closed. If after three days all the ices is gone, I will try two days. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Terryk
I have a medium sized RTIC coller, and I am not too impressed. For the weight and bulk, it does not have much capacity. I think a larger one would be better. Bought it sight unseen from the internet, so that was a bad call on my part. 8itch was made in china too, so that was a bigger mistake. I think Lifetime are USA.

Lifetime are USA made.

From what I’ve seen. There’s a couple different “levels”.

The blue’ish one that Walmart sells. Kinda hollow. Not the same as a yeti.

The stone / slate grey one that Sams club sells. It’s more on the lines of yeti. More costs more. Say $165 for the 60 qt.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
What are we testing again?

My coolers need to haul chiiled quarters across the country in the back of the truck. Doesn't take much insulation to do that.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
What are we testing again?

My coolers need to haul chiiled quarters across the country in the back of the truck. Doesn't take much insulation to do that.

Keepin Keystone light 30 pks cooooOooold.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Since I no longer recreate my cooler use is basically water and lunch box.

And I just may have perfected the ultimate day work setup...

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I paid 125.00 for a 65qt rtic 5 or 6 years ago when they had a super clearance. Never figured I'd buy a roto cooler before that with the prices. It's been great.

For any cooler to be efficient they need to be as full as possible of ice and items, obviously keeping shaded and a cover helps.

I mostly use it for drinking ice so it starts full and lasts a week.

Kent

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Why? thousands of same tests on utube comparing hundreds of coolers over the years.

Because he is another whiney, old douchebag that cannot navigate Youtube and hasn’t sprung for new cooler since the piece of crap $6 styrofoam job he bought in 1974.

He thinks miss lynn is a hot piece of ass

Are you saying she isn’t?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by milespatton
Again, I am not trying to keep anything cool a long time, right now. What I am doing is a test, and I am doing it now because it is long hot days, and hot nights. I have my pelican sitting right beside it with ice and bottled water. I add ice and water every day, and I drink a lot of water out of it. The opening and closing and adding hotter drinks makes it not keep for days, but with the test one thing that I am looking at is by keeping it closed. If after three days all the ices is gone, I will try two days. miles

And if you had an ounce of sense you’d know what’s been posted on here 500 times.

Perhaps Facebook proved less valuable than you realized. LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All I know is I ain't payin' no $300 for no f u c king cooler. Every redneck around here in the oil patch gots one bungee strapped in the back of their flatbad just beggin' for a tweaker to lift. Hell, even the Walmart knock-offs are too freaking high.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ice is cheap.

You all live closer to store bought ice than I do.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, but you're an eskimo and we all know you've got a locker or something full of ice year around.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I never buy ice, pain in the ass.

Ice packs much easier.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
All I know is I ain't payin' no $300 for no f u c king cooler. Every redneck around here in the oil patch gots one bungee strapped in the back of their flatbad just beggin' for a tweaker to lift. Hell, even the Walmart knock-offs are too freaking high.

Yep. Every Pipeline Welder and Oilfield Worker from Abilene to Midland has one bungee strapped on the back of their truck here in TX. If the Meth Heads had any brains, they could make a fortune stealing them.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I never buy ice, pain in the ass.

Ice packs much easier.

Dad always froze old plastic Butter tubs full of water for the ice in his old aluminum Stanley Water Jug he kept in his JD Tractor.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Didn't read the whole thread but a couple trips through Grand Canyon taught me a little. Freeze water in layers in the bottom of the cooler until it's about 2/3s full. Put a mylar bubble pack over the ice. Load your precooled perisahables on top. Then cover with another layer of mylar bubble pack.

Keep a wet towel over the top of the cooler and leave it in the boat. It will be 20-30 degrees cooler over the water.

Only get into the cooler right before a meal and have a list of what you need. Drain every day or two (save the water if you can for cooling beers).
Came off 17 day trips in Juy and August with ice.

I use the same technique in my cooler old Rubbermaid 105 qt on other rivers but with block ice (Don't have an walk-in freezer). Line the bottom with them and follow the same deal-ee-oo as above. 7-10 trips with lots of ice at the end.

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 16gage, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,843
Posts18,517,227
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.