Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 41 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Good grief ....... what a crying shame .....go away for a weekend and look what happens indeed.... are the prayer requests next?

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even when CATC was active, I'd post my prayer request on the Hunter's Campfire and specifically request it NOT be moved to CATC............

However, multiple user PMs are now my preferred method............

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
.... are the prayer requests next?

Hope not. I have been impressed by that here more than anything else. The kinship and brotherhood shared here is most of the draw for me. The other hunting, drinking, fishing, spitting, burping, scratching, farting, joking, shooting, and fighting yahoos on here are just the gravy on top!

Thank you all for being who you are.

beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur Matthew 5:9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Barak
I don't mean to tell anybody what to say or what not to say--that's his own lookout--but I do mean to try to make a little clearer what the consequences of his choice might be.

.......and therein lies the problem. I don't really care what YOUR interpretation of 'the consequences' might be. That is the root cause of problems with discussing religion online. Everyone thinks his personal interpretation of God and his thoughts is the only one with merit, and you guys look down your sanctimonious noses at anyone with the chutzpah to disagree.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Barak
I don't mean to tell anybody what to say or what not to say--that's his own lookout--but I do mean to try to make a little clearer what the consequences of his choice might be.

.......and therein lies the problem. I don't really care what YOUR interpretation of 'the consequences' might be. That is the root cause of problems with discussing religion online. Everyone thinks his personal interpretation of God and his thoughts is the only one with merit, and you guys look down your sanctimonious noses at anyone with the chutzpah to disagree.

Oh, stop.

If you pulled that quote deliberately out of context just to have an example from which to make a point, okay fine: but your point isn't addressed to me, because nowhere in that post did I even mention my "personal interpretation of God." I didn't even approach it obliquely.

I spoke only of my personal interpretation of Jews. Given most of what I see here, I expect I have as much experience with Jews (real ones, I mean, not the ones from the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion, or Mein Kampf, or the various writings of Martin Luther) as anyone here and more than most: therefore while my "personal interpretation" may not be quite as accurate as what we'd get from a real Jewish guy (have you noticed that they (and black guys, for that matter) seem to be fairly scarce around here?), I'd cheerfully set it up against anything somebody like you would be able to bring to the table.

In another thread I just posted fairly authoritatively--but not any more judgmentally than I did here--to HoundGirl about left hand placement for jackass benchresting without a machine rest. Why aren't you all over me in that thread for being "sanctimonious?"

It's obvious: because you have a hard-on for religious people and you can't bear to allow them to engage in conversation without jumping in and trying to stir them up and set them against each other.

It's a really juvenile impulse; but there's room on the Internet for everybody. (Yours is probably over on myspace.com somewhere.) If you want to paddle around in the kiddie pool, I'll cheerfully leave you to your pursuits; but on this topic it'd be best for you not to try to swim with the big boys, because you can't seem to keep from embarrassing yourself, and it's damaging your credibility elsewhere.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's obvious: because you have a hard-on for religious people and you can't bear to allow them to engage in conversation without jumping in and trying to stir them up and set them against each other.

It's a really juvenile impulse; but there's room on the Internet for everybody. (Yours is probably over on myspace.com somewhere.) If you want to paddle around in the kiddie pool, I'll cheerfully leave you to your pursuits; but on this topic it'd be best for you not to try to swim with the big boys, because you can't seem to keep from embarrassing yourself, and it's damaging your credibility elsewhere.

what I see Barak, is your continuing effort to portray yourself as having the only valid viewpoint on any given subject. I pretty much discount most of what you spout, but certainly in this case, you have shown me once again, that your delusions of intellectual prowess are, well, delusions.

Sam......

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Actually, the Bible isn't open for interpretation ...... translation is not the same as interpretation. There are plenty of what appears to be"contradictions" in the word but they are there to make one go further and examine the truth .....

Barak, you have such a way with words ........ haven't ever heard that before have you? .... (big O grin)

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Barak
you have a hard-on for religious people and you can't bear to allow them to engage in conversation without jumping in and trying to stir them up and set them against each other.

And that is EXACTLY the problem. It's the non-believers (not the believers) who are stirring the pot and hoping to create a huge fight... so they can then step back and point fingers and say, "Look how those folks are always so nasty!"

These non-believers have succeeded in getting CATC eliminated. Now they're out to censor free speech in the other forums.

Read this very carefully, now, Mannlicher and others who have been finding their "fun" in setting folks against each other:

If you don't like what is being discussed, DON'T read and DON'T participate. mad

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyway, it takes more than being grafted into Abraham. Arabs are descended directly from Abraham, and it doesn't make them Jewish.

Point taken. I was not, for a minute, insinuating that I knew what it was to be Jewish but Scriptures tell me that I have been adopted. Ishmael and his descendents are not excluded from becoming a Christian nor was I, a Gentile. You carried the statement to a level that I'm not prepared to follow simply because I don't have the knowledge to even discuss those aspects.
You say that it takes 'more' than being grafted into Abraham and I have to ask, to do/be what? Being grafted into Abraham came as a result of my becoming a Christian. When I took Jesus up on His offer of salvation I had no idea of what lay in store but I didn't care. I needed Him. Abraham, or being adopted, never entered my mind. Those are things I learned later.

I will admit that I've grown weary of organized 'religion' and hope your worship services offer you more. Blessings.

Last edited by MColeman; 08/20/07.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mrs Barak
Read this very carefully, now, Mannlicher and others who have been finding their "fun" in setting folks against each other:

If you don't like what is being discussed, DON'T read and DON'T participate.

Penny

Actually thats not a bad idea. You folks can have your own sandbox, or soap box, as the case may be, and just go at it.
I will probably do just that, despite the odious feeling that comes from being 'schooled' by a person such as your self.

You should, however, disabuse yourself of any thought, that my participation to date has been 'fun'. I Will continue to feel that the rancor, and contention in this thread is proof positive of the corrosive effects on polite discourse, that religious discussions always produces.
That one member finds himself at odds with another over their religious convictions, is not unusual, its the norm.

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That is not how I understand what happened. According to Rick it was the believers attacking the Catholics.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Ditto, it was the believers (not all of them, obviously) in CATC doing the bashing, no doubt about it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You should, however, disabuse yourself of any thought, that my participation to date has been 'fun'. I Will continue to feel that the rancor, and contention in this thread is proof positive of the corrosive effects on polite discourse, that religious discussions always produces.
That one member finds himself at odds with another over their religious convictions, is not unusual, its the norm.

I disagree with that, but that should be no surprise. I don't think I've ever read anything that you've ever posted to the Campfire that I agree with.

The difference between us is that I'm perfectly happy to have you continue to be able to say whatever you want, whenever you want.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by n007
That is not how I understand what happened. According to Rick it was the believers attacking the Catholics.

I had not been to CATC for about 3 months, so I don't know who it was doing the bashing. I would like to know.

Penny

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mrs Barak
I disagree with that, but that should be no surprise. I don't think I've ever read anything that you've ever posted to the Campfire that I agree with.

Thanks for the validation. I take comfort in knowing that I don't live in your universe, or share your world view.

Best wishes though, to you and yours.......

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well Ms, Penny , I WAS there and I'll tell you : James { Cheeah } went WA--aa--aa -- y outside any common-sense boundries in criticizing the Roman Church . Sanlen asked some really pointed questions re Catholicism and sort of got lumped in with James [ un-fairly , I thought ,but it wasn't MY church-since I don't have one - that was being scorned ] and there was another fella who's name I can't recall right now that was pretty much an in your face kinda guy when it came to Catholics .

I kinda got thrown in with the bashing bunch in some poster's minds although with all the quotes being brought back up nobody ever posted one of my derogatory comments . Ricky D. and Shootist got tarred with the same brush , but to a lesser extent .

Understand that this is just one witness' account , Might not have been that way at all !.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well, I HAVE heard it all now, as RC Bishop Tiny Moogens of the Netherlands has openly advocated EVERONE in that country beginning to use the Muzzie term "Allah" as THE name for God.

He says that as a RC priest in Indonesia, the priests WOULD use "Allah" for God during Mass; that, in my Catholic days, would have been considered heresy and grounds for excommunication.

I am NOT surprised, the rot is everywhere in Western "Civilization" and this is just more of the same old stuff. I am coming to hate Muslims as I do Sikhs and WE better smarten up, as WE are on this same highway to hell in cultural terms......

Muzzies...kill 'em all, let ALLAH sort 'em out.....nah, doesn't do it for me!!! smile

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
As a devout Roman Catholic, I totally object to the Bishop's proclaimation.

Frickin' idiot.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak
If you want to paddle around in the kiddie pool, I'll cheerfully leave you to your pursuits; but on this topic it'd be best for you not to try to swim with the big boys, because you can't seem to keep from embarrassing yourself, and it's damaging your credibility elsewhere.

For example:

Thanks for the validation. I take comfort in knowing that I don't live in your universe, or share your world view.

Regardless of whom you like or what you believe--or don't--you might learn something from the experience of 280sRN.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm with you on that Kute.

Funny thing, we have such hard-on for all the illegals coming into this country from Mexico, and I'd be willing to bet 90% of them are Christian, with lots of Catholics. They hate the muzzy's as much as anyone, yet we turn them away.

Funny....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 37 of 41 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (264mag, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 2five7, 1lessdog, 29aholic, 33 invisible), 2,193 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,827
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.