Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 38 of 41 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 41
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
Barak, you have such a way with words ........ haven't ever heard that before have you? ....

It's nice to hear it again. Thanks.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been saying for years that we should offer a bounty to any wetback who brings in a muzzie . Give 'em free citezanship and a job at the post office of their choosing !

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
They hate the muzzy's as much as anyone, yet we turn them away.

Funny....

It doesn't matter who they hate or don't hate, they are breaking the law and reeking havoc on the infrastructure of many states and cities. As for hating, many hate us.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MColeman
Anyway, it takes more than being grafted into Abraham. Arabs are descended directly from Abraham, and it doesn't make them Jewish.

[quote]Point taken. I was not, for a minute, insinuating that I knew what it was to be Jewish but Scriptures tell me that I have been adopted.

Of course, and I understand just what you mean. But that's because I'm a Christian, not a Jew.

You say that it takes 'more' than being grafted into Abraham and I have to ask, to do/be what?

It takes more than being grafted in to be Jewish.

I will admit that I've grown weary of organized 'religion' and hope your worship services offer you more.

Trying to exist outside a community of believers would be more than I could manage, I think. Of course, the community is significantly bigger than just my congregation, but my congregation is the most important segment of it.

And, truth be told, if you take away all the Jewish culture, the Hebrew liturgy, the klezmer music, and all the rest of it...this one is by far the best congregation of people I've ever been part of.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Maybe they are just looking for better religious freedoms....

Course it's ok to paint them with a broad stroke.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Maybe they are just looking for better religious freedoms....
Then maybe they should go to the Netherlands.

Easy too. Illegal is illegal.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gene williams
I've been saying for years that we should offer a bounty to any wetback who brings in a muzzie . Give 'em free citezanship and a job at the post office of their choosing !

That ain't a half bad idea.....

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
.....'cept the gov't job. Pretty much what they have now.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Easy too. Illegal is illegal.

Were all the 9/11 clan illegal?

Keep turning away good Christians, I'm sure God would want that. Damn Moses, can you believe what he did with all them illegals?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I think the Pope will be sending that errant Bishop a "pm" very soon.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by Barak
If you want to paddle around in the kiddie pool, I'll cheerfully leave you to your pursuits; but on this topic it'd be best for you not to try to swim with the big boys, because you can't seem to keep from embarrassing yourself, and it's damaging your credibility elsewhere.

For example:

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Thanks for the validation. I take comfort in knowing that I don't live in your universe, or share your world view.

Regardless of whom you like or what you believe--or don't--you might learn something from the experience of 280sRN.

I expected better from you, oh word smith, than an oblique threat.

Messianic Judaism seems to have given you a Messianic complex.

Sam......

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Were all the 9/11 clan illegal?
Not after they took over the planes and I didn't know they were all kin. Inbred I'm bettin'.

Keep turning away good Christians
I didn't know that was an entrance requirement. The ACLU should have a field day with that one.

I'm sure God would want that.
Glad you and Him are tight.

Damn Moses, can you believe what he did with all them illegals?
Damn, huh? Musta been Allah talkin' there.

wink

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
At least your inability to be logical ain't diminished by the absence of CATC...........

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Oops, forgot GRIN again......

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Don't go bashing that Catholic Bishop. Ain't politically correct in some parts. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Proof that twits come in all denominations I guess.

Of course the term "Allah" likely long predates Islam, but then "gay" was in use long before homosexuals adopted the term too.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Dammit Steelie! Stay the f$^*k off my turf....

(sorry, just got done writing about tough Brits grin)

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by gene williams
Well Ms, Penny , I WAS there and I'll tell you : James { Cheeah } went WA--aa--aa -- y outside any common-sense boundries in criticizing the Roman Church . Sanlen asked some really pointed questions re Catholicism and sort of got lumped in with James [ un-fairly , I thought ,but it wasn't MY church-since I don't have one - that was being scorned ] and there was another fella who's name I can't recall right now that was pretty much an in your face kinda guy when it came to Catholics .

I kinda got thrown in with the bashing bunch in some poster's minds although with all the quotes being brought back up nobody ever posted one of my derogatory comments . Ricky D. and Shootist got tarred with the same brush , but to a lesser extent .

Understand that this is just one witness' account , Might not have been that way at all !.

I think I reproved an erring brother for his manner on that thread, IIRC. Also had an exchange by pm with RickBin that was pretty tame and rational. I wasn't bashing anyone, but I poked Cheaha. FWIW, and you're right, in my estimation, about Brother James going WA--aa--aa--y over the line.

There's NO profit in bashing people's religious views. Most of my extended family are RC's. We get along fine.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It takes more than being grafted in to be Jewish.

I'll grant you that since I don't have the desire or knowledge to argue the point if, indeed, it should ever need to be argued. My point was that I was not desirous of becoming a Jew but was pointing out that I had become one in God's eyes if I'm reading Scriptures correctly. I do stand corrected in that the Scripture mentioned is in Romans and not Hebrews. I just rejoice in the fact that I am, according to the Word, saved to the uttermost.

Trying to exist outside a community of believers would be more than I could manage, I think.
I have daily contact with believers and my son is a minister working on his PhD so we discuss much almost every day. I hope the joy of your fellowship never wanes. Bless you and Penny more than I can express.

Last edited by MColeman; 08/20/07.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I avoid most 'threads' on the Campfire when I see that they are already multi-paged, just to avoid the 'hassle'. But I think that the 'sentiment': "The Unwelcome expressions of one's religious beliefs" has been oft expressed here before.

So how do we 'ban' religious expressions here at the Campfire? What lines dare we draw? Please consider all the times a Campfire brother or sister member here has turned to their friends at the Casmpfire in a time of sorrow, loss, and grief ? And has asked for PRAYER? The resulting and sincere outpourings are always much appreciated; all the prayers sent, as well as all the friendship, compassion, hope, and encouragement also offered.

Page 38 of 41 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 222ND, 49 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,236
Posts18,504,492
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.