Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I stuck this thread down in the waterfowl section. There’s been only 3 people looking in hours. Granted it’s summer, but sheesh !

Sticking it up top to get some opinions and findings from any owners of these waders.

I’ve been trying for almost a year to locate these waders in stock...Just got an email informing me Sitka had my size in stock.

I couldn’t type my name, address, and cc # in fast enough thinking their stock would be gone before I finished typing.

Got some coming.

Does anyone know if they’re any good ?...Laffin....JK

Anyone have them? If you do, what’s your opinion?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I talked to a few guys in Idaho that used them duck hunting. Said they were ok but not worth the money.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
You get get into some Simms g4z for that sort of $$$ and have better waders. Sitka is too proud of their [bleep].

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brother Beav... kinda hard to get excited about waders when it's 120 degrees and we are on the verge of dying from global warming.......
Cool lookin waders though..... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
You get get into some Simms g4z for that sort of $$$ and have better waders. Sitka is too proud of their [bleep].

Can you repeat that in English please. Moron

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Learn to read.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Learn to read.

You better learn to read AND write. FUGGIN moron

Mister TWO masters degrees lol

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The Simms G4z waders are excellent but if your looking insulated waders for duck hunting I would not go that route.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Springcove
I talked to a few guys in Idaho that used them duck hunting. Said they were ok but not worth the money.

Hmmm. The reviews have been all over the board from hunters. Excellent, best ever made...Meh, overpriced - Should’ve just went with a Cabela’s offering.

Sitka has a solid return policy...If they look and feel fragile....They’re going back. I’m hard on waders. 3 sets here currently.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Brother Beav... kinda hard to get excited about waders when it's 120 degrees and we are on the verge of dying from global warming.......
Cool lookin waders though..... smile

True dat, brother!...These waders were impossible to find before bird hunting and river fishing last season.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would be tempted to try them but at a grand , daamn . If they would last 4 seasons they are worth the bucks .

Are you paying for the durability or warmth ? I stay plenty warm in my Drakes but they only last 2 years .

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Learn to read.

You better learn to read AND write. FUGGIN moron

Mister TWO masters degrees lol

I don’t know what to say other than while you were ripping on my ability to write, you left the “?” Mark out of your comment.

I’ll say it in more simple English: you made grammar errors while telling me I can’t write. That dosen’t make sense does it?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

See it should have been more like:

Can you repeat that in English please? Moron.

If you want to get really technical the “moron” part is a sentence fragment as well but even a sentence fragment should have a period at the end.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Simms isn’t making any apologies for their gear prices, either.

Sitka, KUIU, Simms, First Lite, and other's similar, are about the same price point.

The G4z don’t have a full boot, which I prefer for waterfowl hunting...Look like nice waders, otherwise.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
I would be tempted to try them but at a grand , daamn . If they would last 4 seasons they are worth the bucks .

Are you paying for the durability or warmth ? I stay plenty warm in my Drakes but they only last 2 years .

That’s my hang up too. A thousand bucks is a lot when a pair of g4z is like 850.00 and probably the best wader out there. I get it that the Simms may be warmer but I’ve never had issues staying warm when I layer up in my Simms g3. I also don’t really like boot foot waders, I prefer to be able to pick my boot for the occasion. I use different boots for moose hunting vs a day of fishing although I use the same waders.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn

Im hoping durability...Layered and staying warm, at least in my area isn’t difficult. Staying dry, totally different story.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Hmmm. The reviews have been all over the board from hunters. Excellent, best ever made...Meh, overpriced - Should’ve just went with a Cabela’s offering.

Sitka has a solid return policy...If they look and feel fragile....They’re going back. I’m hard on waders. 3 sets here currently.

🦫

My cousin guides at a high dollar duck club in Idaho. All the members have them but have to send them back at the end of the season.

I’m like you and very hard on waders. I’ve looked at them every time I go to Scheels but just can’t see spending $1000 on waders I know I will probably tear.

Just my 2 cents…

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Simms isn’t making any apologies for their gear prices, either.

Sitka, KUIU, Simms, First Lite, and other's similar, are about the same price point.

The G4z don’t have a full boot, which I prefer for waterfowl hunting...Look like nice waders, otherwise.

🦫

You aren’t wrong. All this hunting/fishing stuff has become sort of a fashion and people pay. I was down in homer a few weeks ago and it seemed like half the town was decked out in Sitka and kuiu. [bleep]….I’m wearing kuiu pants at this very moment lol.

Last edited by AKPENDUDE; 06/30/21.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

🦫

My cousin guides at a high dollar duck club in Idaho. All the members have them but have to send them back at the end of the season.

I’m like you and very hard on waders. I’ve looked at them every time I go to Scheels but just can’t see spending $1000 on waders I know I will probably tear.

Just my 2 cents…

Yeah, SC, I was hopeful the material would feel/be durable. Based on what you’re saying, the fabric sounds thin and flimsy. That’s an automatic return for me.

Appreciate the information.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

🦫

Just my 2 cents…

Yeah, SC, I was hopeful the material would feel/be durable. Based on what you’re saying, the fabric sounds thin and flimsy. That’s an automatic return for me.

Appreciate the information.

🦫

I think if your sitting in a plush blind at a private club or on a boat they would be fine. But if your like me and bust brush I just can’t see it.

I am looking for a new pair myself. Cabelas 5mm waders are not what they used to be. After last year I should buy stock in Aqua seal…

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 007FJ, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,686
Posts18,475,107
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.